• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Definitely shed some contracts (Bosa and MW). Definitely extend some contracts (KA and Mack). It has to be done to get under the cap. Linsley seems to be done as well. Use the cap you save there and sign a good center (even if it's over the $8.9 million you save on Linsley's contract). We must have a good center... history shows us that.

4-3 or 3-4...? I'm not so sure I want to scrap the defensive scheme. We just finished building a 4-3 into a 3-4. Going back might require extra players. I know modern day schemes overlap much more than they used to... but I haven't tried wrapping my head around that, yet. HC and DC hirings will tell us more.
    Well, we need extra players lol. LBs, DT and a edge. Derwin would fit better as well.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
      French Speaking Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Québec city
      • Send PM

Outch ! Alabama leads at halftime.
      It could be WAS, Florida St and Michigan at 13-0.
      GEO, ALA, Ohio St and Texas at 12-1.
      How to untangle it all ?

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2023
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
        Outch ! Alabama leads at halftime.
        It could be WAS, Florida St and Michigan at 13-0.
        GEO, ALA, Ohio St and Texas at 12-1.
        How to untangle it all ?
        If that is the case,

it should probably be Texas, based on their win in Alabama.

That pushes them ahead of Georgia, who couldn't do it.

Ohio State already lost to Michigan ... whose already in - so no!

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

1) Laiatu Latu, Jer'Zhan Newton, Jared Verse, Bralen Trice, JT Tuimoloau
          2) T'Vondre Sweat
          3) Sedrick Van Pran
          3) Raheim Sanders, Donovan Jackson
          4) Cedric Gray, Audric Estime
          5) J Michael Sturdivant
          6) Daijun Edwards, Joe Milton
          7) Blake Watson, Bru McCoy, Eric Gentry

8) Miyan Williams, Dillon Johnson, Keilan Robinson, Eli Cox, Ulysses Bentley IV

* am trading Bosa to NYG for their third rounder & DT A'Shawn Robinson
          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• charger1993
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
            2) T'Vondre Sweat
            3) Sedrick Van Pran
            5) J Michael Sturdivant

no chop robinson in the first round cluster? where do you have us finishing draft position wise?

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

2) T'Vondre Sweat
              3) Sedrick Van Pran
              5) J Michael Sturdivant

I like the trade a lot.

But no CB, No TE, is a miss. You think we keep Everett and ......Davis?

I don't see how or why we keep Davis. He is wildly inconsistent. Time to move on.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

2) T'Vondre Sweat
                3) Sedrick Van Pran
                5) J Michael Sturdivant

With Bosa's injury history, I think a lot of teams play hardball...maybe a 4th and no Robinson...when we traded that 2nd rounder for Mack, we got a player with only ONE injury shortened season:

image.png​

Bosa is a whole different story:

image.png​

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1993 View Post

no chop robinson in the first round cluster? where do you have us finishing draft position wise?
                  wondering what it is that gets you excited about him ?? personally don't think he holds a candle to any of the others listed there.... ??

and @this point, would venture a guess that we will end up top ten.... possibly even 8 overall ??
                  5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I like the trade a lot.

But no CB, No TE, is a miss. You think we keep Everett and ......Davis?

I don't see how or why we keep Davis. He is wildly inconsistent. Time to move on.
                    hey man, wish we had got Kincaid.... woulda been sweet, and.... yes, all things considered, am re signing Everett for the same $6m.

and yes, again.... am keeping all five of our CBs, which would include re signing Mike D.... think he signs for $6m, which is a hellah lot bettah than most any other decent CB in FA ??

would also go w/4 safeties, and add a vet CB in FA as well.... prolly someone that gets let go after the draft/June 1 cuts.... ??

would prolly re sign Kelley for the same (financial) reasons.... my priority are the lines.... specifically ED, NT, OC, and.... an RB !!

the other position I'd be looking to add in FA is LB.... would Denzel @$4m per be worth a gambit, and as opposed to paying Kendricks his $7m or so.... ??

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

With Bosa's injury history, I think a lot of teams play hardball...maybe a 4th and no Robinson...when we traded that 2nd rounder for Mack, we got a player with only ONE injury shortened season:

Bosa is a whole different story:
                      agree.... wouldn't touch Bosa w/a ten foot pole, as wanted to move on from him last offseason, and.... he does have three seasons where he played 16 games, and he's darn good when he's in there.

thinkin' some team will pull the trigger, and the Giants could really use him, and think he fits well in NYC.... A'Shawn ain't worth so much, and he would be good depth for our IDL.

I think Bosa's worth a second.... was being conservative w/a third, and.... do think NY is one of the better destinations/possibilities for him.

Comment

• charger1993
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

wondering what it is that gets you excited about him ?? personally don't think he holds a candle to any of the others listed there.... ??

and @this point, would venture a guess that we will end up top ten.... possibly even 8 overall ??
                        well when i got back and watch his tape, he has great i mean great bend around the corner, he's explosive. hes basically micah lite imo, 6 ft3 250 ran a 4.4 at penn state, but i think we could have a top 5 pick, if we beat the pats and lose out. im not considering chop. but at 9 i am

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

hey man, wish we had got Kincaid.... woulda been sweet, and.... yes, all things considered, am re signing Everett for the same $6m.

and yes, again.... am keeping all five of our CBs, which would include re signing Mike D.... think he signs for $6m, which is a hellah lot bettah than most any other decent CB in FA ??

would also go w/4 safeties, and add a vet CB in FA as well.... prolly someone that gets let go after the draft/June 1 cuts.... ??

would prolly re sign Kelley for the same (financial) reasons.... my priority are the lines.... specifically ED, NT, OC, and.... an RB !!

the other position I'd be looking to add in FA is LB.... would Denzel @$4m per be worth a gambit, and as opposed to paying Kendricks his $7m or so.... ??
                          Well,, we'll see. I think Vato is as good as gone. Too inconsistent and got benched last week for the 7th round 2nd year Leonard. Our secondary is weak.

Denzel is good when healthy, but he isn't ever healthy enough and not great in pass coverage. He played in 12 games in 2022 and only 6 this year due to suspension and injury. And he is only making 2.2 mil this year....at the most as missing games will lower that with his game bonuses.
                          Not sure Kendricks is back. Not sure Murray is back. One may be and Murray would be the cheapest.

the lines can use upgrading. Johnson is a FA, not sure we can keep SJD and have Tito next year fully healthy.

In my last sim I got a DT, LB, Edge, CB and safety. A OG which maybe can kick Salyer out to RT. RB and WR.....with trades of MW and Bosa.
                          Last edited by Boltjolt; 12-02-2023, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X