• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DerwinBosa
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
    Fisher was a lousy over-draft pick, he flailed for years to become serviceable. That’s it - that is the totality of KC’s 1st round OL trench draft in a decade. Stop with the Andy Reid keeps drafting OL in the first round, everyone - he hasn’t. I don’t say he is against it - I just say he hasn’t.
    Reid drafted Fisher first overall and he lasted eight years, so there was no need to use a first-round pick on that spot again until Fisher got injured prior to the Super Bowl they got blown out. Then Reid traded his first-round pick on Orlando Brown the following offseason. He used a second-round pick on Mitch Morse, a center, in 2015. He used another second-round pick on a center in 2021 (Creed Humphrey). He used three first-round picks on pass-rushers and traded another for Frank Clark. That's six first-round picks used on LINEMEN. They also traded out of their first-round pick in 2016 by moving down. They selected Chris Jones, another defensive lineman. When they didn't have a first-round pick in 2018 because they traded up for Patrick Mahomes in 2017, their first selection was defensive end Breeland Speaks in the second round followed by defensive tackle Derrick Nnadi. What's missing here? ZERO first-round picks on wide receivers and tight ends.

What baffles me is I look at our OL, and I see OC as the top gap and the next worst positions last year were LG and RG. I take one step back and I ask who the fuck is going to play DT for us in 2024? yet this forum is fixated on RT.
    Fixated on right tackle? No. Name a center, guard, or defensive tackle who should be picked fifth overall. There aren't any. If we go offensive line with the fifth overall pick it will be a right tackle. Some, including myself, think Joe Alt would do well in that spot. Most of us want to trade down and take a right tackle or defensive player while acquiring more picks.

After all of the crap we've had at right tackle over the last 15+ years (Clary, Fluker, Barksdale, Tevi, Scott, Storm), I don't understand how anyone can accept Pipkins as good enough or think moving Salyer there is the answer. "Pipkins wasn't our worst offensive lineman last year. He was the second or third worst. When he's at his best he can be about average." Yeah, that's a real ringing endorsement. Lol.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Reid drafted Fisher first overall and he lasted eight years, so there was no need to use a first-round pick on that spot again until Fisher got injured prior to the Super Bowl they got blown out. Then Reid traded his first-round pick on Orlando Brown the following offseason. He used a second-round pick on Mitch Morse, a center, in 2015. He used another second-round pick on a center in 2021 (Creed Humphrey). He used three first-round picks on pass-rushers and traded another for Frank Clark. That's six first-round picks used on LINEMEN. They also traded out of their first-round pick in 2016 by moving down. They selected Chris Jones, another defensive lineman. When they didn't have a first-round pick in 2018 because they traded up for Patrick Mahomes in 2017, their first selection was defensive end Breeland Speaks in the second round followed by defensive tackle Derrick Nnadi. What's missing here? ZERO first-round picks on wide receivers and tight ends.

Fixated on right tackle? No. Name a center, guard, or defensive tackle who should be picked fifth overall. There aren't any. If we go offensive line with the fifth overall pick it will be a right tackle. Some, including myself, think Joe Alt would do well in that spot. Most of us want to trade down and take a right tackle or defensive player while acquiring more picks.

After all of the crap we've had at right tackle over the last 15+ years (Clary, Fluker, Barksdale, Tevi, Scott, Storm), I don't understand how anyone can accept Pipkins as good enough or think moving Salyer there is the answer. "Pipkins wasn't our worst offensive lineman last year. He was the second or third worst. When he's at his best he can be about average." Yeah, that's a real ringing endorsement. Lol.
      The answer is OT Roger Rosengarten in the 3rd. He will either beat out Pip this year or Pip will be better. If Pip turns it around and Rosengarten develops. Trade Pip next offseason and then Rosengarten is your RT for the foreseeable future.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

How did you trade Mack for 8 players again? And would any of these players be any good?

A 4rth round pick is a project ..... even the Ravens more often miss than hit on those.
        I never said that - talking about years, not players

Khalil Mack is going to be 33.5 when the season starts and coming off a career year - he might fall of a cliff. We have no idea for either. If Mack is back, thats fine - had a very good year. I just think they should sell high on him as his value will probably only go down and unless a contract is structured the right way -could just be creating dead cap in a couple years or overpaying for a declining player

Comment

• DerwinBosa
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

The answer is OT Roger Rosengarten in the 3rd. He will either beat out Pip this year or Pip will be better. If Pip turns it around and Rosengarten develops. Trade Pip next offseason and then Rosengarten is your RT for the foreseeable future.

Rosengarten is an interesting prospect if we don't go right tackle in the first round. He has caught my attention.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2022
            • White Rock, BC Canada
            • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Rosengarten is an interesting prospect if we don't go right tackle in the first round. He has caught my attention.
            One of many options in this draft to upgrade Pipkins that dont involve using the 5th pick in a draft for a RT.

I am fine with whatever JH2 decide. If we pass on skill players for a RT in round one ok, please just trade down to do it.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

What baffles me is I look at our OL, and I see OC as the top gap and the next worst positions last year were LG and RG. I take one step back and I ask who the fuck is going to play DT for us in 2024? yet this forum is fixated on RT.

Pip was second best OL player last year, and he played better in 2022. The 5 yr blah blah doesn’t mean anything, who cares about that? Yet another example of the backwards looking lack of focus here at TPB. Today and every day are new days to be better. I think our coaching sucked because not one of our OL players really stood out as good last year and often their failures were very basic failure to switch off during stunts, pick up assignments on blitzes, and execute at a high level after moving/pulling/etc. That is coaching, not talent. Pip did not get a pro bowl contract. And we conceivably have another RT in waiting sitting at RG. I’m not against drafting an OT, but that is truly way down our list of trench needs.

Because right across the LOS, our DL is a barren desert. SBJ gone. AJ gone. Who is going to play DT? Ottito is our star? Really? Fuck me. Over in KC, Andy’s 3rd best player is a DT, a difference maker that wins games.

If Rd1 pick goes in the trench, it should go to the DL where we have zero quality professional starters. It’s elementary, my dear Watsons …
              Yes. We need DL and ILB and OC badly. Strength in the middle. Sorely lacking on this team

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Corollary to the corollary:

Corum will be wearing Bolts in September.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

I think this makes sense because I think they will wait a bit for RB and thus, players like Allen and Wright might be off the board since they are going other positions. But come the beginning of Day 3, Round 4 -- I can see Corum being a target

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

That would be ok if we pick a RB in round 4 or so but there are others better. IDK how many Michigan guys we will draft but seems the ones i like for us the most that fit are defensive players.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

That would be ok if we pick a RB in round 4 or so but there are others better. IDK how many Michigan guys we will draft but seems the ones i like for us the most that fit are defensive players.
                      Need a draft pick from a potential Bosa Trade

trade down hopefully from 5 to 8 and get a 2nd as part of that trade

can now leverage that extra 2nd into more picks

My goal before was 6 picks by round 4 and 8 picks by end of Round 5 . I am thinking want one more pick by Round 4 so push that number to 7

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2021
                        • Send PM

I have a strong feeling you are right about this as well. It’s either Corum or Lloyd IMO. I might prefer Lloyd over Corum because he’s bigger and faster, but I’d be happy with either one. Jaylen Wright is another. If they take you either Lloyd or Corum, I hope they take Keilan Robinson with their last 7th rounder. He can be that speedy scat back like Keaton Mitchel of Baltimore last year.

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

I expect C is the first OL pick. Late 1st or early 2nd. If we don't take a BPA WR or TE at 5, it's because we traded down. This is a deep draft for RTs.

Comment

Working...
                          X