and/or Gus Edwards.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

I think some fans here have appeared to overhype him...I do think he is top of the class, and one of the better centers in the past few years, if not necessarily the best...but I think he is scheme suited to powergap, with his one weakness being movement skills...

This looks like a decent Center class thru midrounds...which will take some premium off teams needing to reach for a Center in the first...if he falls to 37? Yea...I think highly enough of his tape to pick him.
      I think they will look to address Center in free agency. Maybe not the spending level of Linsley a few years ago but also not Mason Cole. Some place in between. Be nice if there were a cap casualty this week that makes sense so it doesn't affect any potential comp picks. But year 1, might not have that luxury until he gets more of his players on the roster.

Than in the draft have the flexibility of not needing in R1 or R2

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

I think some fans here have appeared to overhype him...I do think he is top of the class, and one of the better centers in the past few years, if not necessarily the best...but I think he is scheme suited to powergap, with his one weakness being movement skills...

This looks like a decent Center class thru midrounds...which will take some premium off teams needing to reach for a Center in the first...if he falls to 37? Yea...I think highly enough of his tape to pick him.
        Now project JPJ to Harbaugh's and Roman's offense. Put him between Zion and Jamaree. The show starts.

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Still like Olu? Maybe coaching, and Ben Herbert putting some sand in his pants will help with the run game...

Very impressed with Kingsley, myself...I think he sneaks into the first.

What did you think of Bortolini? Been watching him lately...impressed...mid round option, and could always hedge the bet with a vet...while he is understudy at OC in that scenario, he has the experience to backup other positions as well.

And yea...me like Fuaga.
          can you do anything 'bout his mu!!et ??

and not certain w/Olu, as def feel better about Taliese....
          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Nick's got this.
            He sees early prospects with impact and round 7 Centers.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Ill add that Garett Brabury was highly touted in that draft year as a OC and he went round one around 20 or something like that and he hasnt lived up to his hype. Im just thinking JPJ getting the hype he is, he might disapoint a little but i agree he is one of the top 2. Just dont think he is top 15 worthy. If he is there round 2 for us, cool. But i wouldnt mind Van Pran or Frazier either.. Still think there is a chance we sign a OC, draft one later.

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                Joe Alt's 3 Cone was identical to Lane Johnson's.

In a measurable that really matters, the 5 Yard Split shows Alt immediately getting up to 14.14 mph. This is tops among Combine OL and shows Alt will be great in pulls and reaches.

It's Amateur Hour around here.

Watch game videos !
                You do understand you're on a fan board, right? In other words, everyone's an amateur

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Here’s Popper’s first mock:

Lets start putting mocks in this thread and discussing here. Its what we do every year. Latest GBN mock. 3 rounds. I really like the first 2 picks. And as much as we need a NT...i would prefer Barton in this scenario. He can also play OC. But an upgrade at RT as well. 2024 projection First round 1

Comment

• ChargerTrader
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                    Joe Alt's 3 Cone was identical to Lane Johnson's.

In a measurable that really matters, the 5 Yard Split shows Alt immediately getting up to 14.14 mph. This is tops among Combine OL and shows Alt will be great in pulls and reaches.

It's Amateur Hour around here.

Watch game videos !
                    His approach to how he works out and prepares for games is already at a pro level.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

You do understand you're on a fan board, right? In other words, everyone's an amateur
                      Yes. I am not paid according to fair market value. The shredding will continue until the TPB takes are correct.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargerTrader View Post

His approach to how he works out and prepares for games is already at a pro level.
                        The decision of which way to go @ #5 is going to be tough one.

I change my mind every day.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                          if your mission is to run the ball and protect the QB, you can't tell me that you sleep well @night knowing that your $50m man behind the line is protected by Tre Pipps.... Fuaga is the best available building block for what we want to do.... it all starts up front.
                          I sleep like a baby
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X