• Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Inevitable:

Picks 1-3: QB's
    Pick 4: MHJ
    Pick 5: Trade for #11 and #23.

The Chargers sure have met with an inordinate number of OT's... and not of the 2nd round variety.
    The Chargers have met with Edgerrin Cooper (Jeremiah's 21-24 best prospect).

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
      Beef Before Gazelles
      • May 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
      Inevitable:

The Chargers sure have met with an inordinate number of OT's... and not of the 2nd round variety.
      I just saw an article about the Cardinals "listening to offers" for the 4th overall pick. If EYE were THEM, I'd certainly listen to offers, too.

If the Cardinals do, in fact, select MHJ at #4, those same offers will be coming to the Chargers for pick #5, except any offers from teams that had wanted to move up for MHJ, of course.

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

Inevitable:

The million dollar question is what happens if Arizon Trades out with Minny? Poof there goes that plan. How about we do another deal with AZ. We get their #11, 66,71 plus a swap of 105 for 90 and they keep #5 and #23 pick. So we would have Picks #11, 37, 66,69,71, 90, 110,140,180,225,253.
        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

The 3rd round has several DT's I like:
          Braden Fiske, McKinnley Jackson, and DeWayne Carter.
          Maybe Kris Jenkins and/or Ruke Orhorhoro slip to the 3rd, also.
          A very deep DT class into the 3rd round.

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

The million dollar question is what happens if Arizon Trades out with Minny? Poof there goes that plan. How about we do another deal with AZ. We get their #11, 66,71 plus a swap of 105 for 90 and they keep #5 and #23 pick. So we would have Picks #11, 37, 66,69,71, 90, 110,140,180,225,253.
            So you think Arizona misses out on the 3 best WR's when they have nobody @WR...? They pass on the best player in the draft (MHJ)...?
            They already have #4, #27, #35, #66, #71, #90, and #104. That's 7 picks in the Top-100!
            What is their motivation...? Don't tell me more picks...

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

We can just skip CJ Latham and just sign DJ Fluker for vet minimum when he gets cut from the raiders in a few months.
              ironically with Telesco again.
              P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
              P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
              P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
              P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

So you think Arizona misses out on the 3 best WR's when they have nobody @WR...?
                They already have #4, #27, #35, #66, #71, #90, and #104. That's 7 picks in the Top-100!
                What is their motivation...? Don't tell me more picks...
                No...Arizona would have our #5 so their draft picks would be #5,23,27,35,104,105,138,162,186
                Chargers would have #11,37,66,69,71,90,110,140,181,225,253 we gain two more high thirds and do a swap for #90 with 105
                Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

I just saw an article about the Cardinals "listening to offers" for the 4th overall pick. If EYE were THEM, I'd certainly listen to offers, too.

If the Cardinals do, in fact, select MHJ at #4, those same offers will be coming to the Chargers for pick #5, except any offers from teams that had wanted to move up for MHJ, of course.
                  They might be listening... but #11 and #23 won't get it done. It's only 100 points over (via the Trade Value Chart). Is that really worth MHJ...?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Inevitable:

Well, they also have met with Bowers and will probably have him in with their allowed 30 visits along with some other guys. That's just getting started.
                    I guess they bringing in some other's for round 2 prospects or bottom round 1 if they get that Minnesota trade. 0r whoever they like a lot in round 2 or 3 even. They brought in Fiske. JH don't need to bring in Jenkins or any of his guys. Who knows. We don't Know this regimes habits yet.

I'm sure they will have a couple of the WRs like Odunze or Nabers as well. I expect them to do their homework on the top OTs as well. Hands on is a good way. I like that they get the OL coach out there. Seeing if Latham has it being his size.
                    We'll see.

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

“I think we’ll always have the conversation, we may not get to a point where a deal makes sense,
                      It makes no sense to trade away the best player in the draft for pick #11.
                      And then you're going to hope someone lets you back up to #5...hoping they make the same mistake as you...?
                      This is a pipe dream. It would be an epic fail that gets the GM fired.
                      Arizona is taking MHJ (if he's even there).

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                        We can just skip CJ Latham and just sign DJ Fluker for vet minimum when he gets cut from the raiders in a few months.
                        ironically with Telesco again.
                        Wow didn't know Fluker was on the Raiders lol.
                        I see TT has signed TE Harrison Bryant and RB Alexander Harrison. I'm sure Mattison will bust since he signed him.

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Well, they also have met with Bowers and will probably have him in with their allowed 30 visits along with some other guys. That's just getting started.
                          I guess they bringing in some other's for round 2 prospects or bottom round 1 if they get that Minnesota trade. 0r whoever they like a lot in round 2 or 3 even. They brought in Fiske. JH don't need to bring in Jenkins or any of his guys. Who knows. We don't Know this regimes habits yet.

I'm sure they will have a couple of the WRs like Odunze or Nabers as well. I expect them to do their homework on the top OTs as well. Hands on is a good way. I like that they get the OL coach out there. Seeing if Latham has it being his size.
                          We'll see.
                          I'm sure the Chargers will weigh Bowers vs available OT's @#11.
                          The Top-3 WR's are a conversation for #5... as they'll probably be gone @#4, #6, and #8-10.
                          But I like the WR class into the 4th round for us. We're a team that's going to run the ball and protect the QB.
                          That's why we're checking out prospects slotted to go around the #11 and #23 picks.
                          You don't think it smells fishy?

Comment

Working...
                          X