First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolt4Knob
    replied
    Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Nobody in this forum possesses the resumes Harbaugh and Hortiz have, and they have given us no reason to not have faith in what they're doing. That should be kept in mind before anyone starts whining about the first pick Harbaugh and Hortiz make together.
    Very true

And except for Bosa staying and Allen leaving - I think JH2 have nailed the offseason with the moves made but more importantly, the THOUGHT PROCESS!! I truly wonder if Telesco ever had a vision. And I think he probably did he just wasn't good at his job. But I can see with JH2, the vision they have this offseason
    1) clear up the cap
    2) sign players to contracts that aren't cap bustings - meaning even though Wilkins would have been nice at IDL - they refrained
    3) have created getting more draft picks

So whatever they do on Thursday and the week end, I am good with. I trust they know what they are doing. And if they pick Joe Alt over Marvin Harrison or nabers tomorrow - I trust that there draft board has Alt higher

Jason from OTC put out something yesterday about the value of second contracts by the drafting team - the Ravens were highest. That team has a clue and the Chargers got three people that that front office -- I hvae no worries about tomorrow

Sure I would love to trade back with the Giants and still get Nabers -but we shall see. The only thing that would truly tick me off is if Nabers is ranked third on their draft board and Alt was 6th and they picked Alt over Nabers - or a scenario like that. But this is the Ravens DNA with Hortiz - thats not happening in all likelihood

Leave a comment:

• ChargerTrader
    replied
    As a Charger fan for 42 years, I have NEVER felt this proud or this confident in our front office personnel.

Leave a comment:

• blueman
    replied
    lol, that’s fair.

Leave a comment:

• wu-dai clan
    replied
    Originally posted by blueman View Post

You and wu, sheesh. This isn’t daycare in here, I seriously doubt any uproar will happen from anybody. Might be questions, some good debate as per usual. The drama queens need to give it a rest.
    My comments about TPB, Charger fan reaction to our pick, should it be Alt (or "worse"), were clearly facetious. And yes a list can be made of drama queens.

I will embrace whoever we pick. Pipkins at ORT will not be the end of the world, in spite of your frequent dramatic comments.

Leave a comment:

• ChargerTrader
    replied
    In the end, I will be happy with whatever Hortiz and Harbaugh decide. Stay at #5 and take whomever is their #1 BPA or trade down and fill two positions in Round 1. They are working together to build us a strong team.

Leave a comment:

• Ghost of Quacksaw
    replied

Nobody in this forum possesses the resumes Harbaugh and Hortiz have, and they have given us no reason to not have faith in what they're doing. That should be kept in mind before anyone starts whining about the first pick Harbaugh and Hortiz make together.
    With all due respect, the new admin hasn't had many opportunities to fuck up yet, so I understand people's reluctance to blindly trust.

IMO, it's unlikely Hortiz will botch this draft and leave us forum members scratching our <body parts of choice>.in disbelief.

Leave a comment:

• Boltnut
    replied
    Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

On the other hand, a lot of mocks have the Jets taking Bowers. So if they want to take Fuaga and leave Bowers to the Chargers, I'd be okay with that.
    I would be surprised if the Jets didn't take Fashanu @#10. Trone Smith is not a long-term solution @LT.
    If the Jets select Fuaga... then Fashanu would be the BPA @#11... maybe Bowers.

Leave a comment:

• Boltnut
    replied

I expect the pick to be epic. It will be a pick that makes their team vision a reality. I have much more confidence in Hortiz than I did in TT. If that choice is a CB... so be it... I missed it... I will do better next time.

Leave a comment:

• Ghost of Quacksaw
    replied
    Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
    Might already been mentioned, but Chargers met with Xavier Legitte...eleventh hour...kinda interesting...as a big, physical guy with some speed, who can block...he is still very underdeveloped as a route runner...I dunno...37 seems high, with the other talent on the board...maybe he makes it to 69?
    The meet up was for the Chargers to decide what cluster to put him in.

Whichever pick that turns out to be, when it's on the clock, Hortiz will look at who's left in the cluster and go from there.

Leave a comment:

• Ghost of Quacksaw
    replied
    Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

What if the Jets pick Fuaga at #10? I've seen mocks with that happening.
    On the other hand, a lot of mocks have the Jets taking Bowers. So if they want to take Fuaga and leave Bowers to the Chargers, I'd be okay with that.

Leave a comment:

• ChargerTrader
    replied
    Joel Klatt's last mock is a well done piece.

​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Lone Bolt
    replied
    Might already been mentioned, but Chargers met with Xavier Legitte...eleventh hour...kinda interesting...as a big, physical guy with some speed, who can block...he is still very underdeveloped as a route runner...I dunno...37 seems high, with the other talent on the board...maybe he makes it to 69?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X