Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

I think if Jaylen Wright is there in the 3rd, take him. If Lloyd is there in the 4th, take him. I would be happy with either player.
    If both Wright and Corum are on the board when the Chargers pick in the 3rd, you would take Wright over Corum? Wright is a year and a half younger and had nearly half the college carries that Corum did. That might tip the scales to him over Corum if I were drafting.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Bolded are my guesses/hope. Ive seen GAC say that Allen would be redundant with Gus but another size guy with some quicks never hurts. Benson and Wright my top guys for us.
      Like Brooks too. The knee just is skeptic for me till he gets the 100% good to go and it wont be a holdback.
      It seems like the 3rd is going to be a busy round for RBs. I think Wright is my top choice also. Harbaugh rode Corum hard in college, he enters the NFL already age 23 with a boatload of carries in 4 full seasons at Michigan.

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
        IMO, part of the Harbaugh/Hortiz draft plan is to take an RB early-ish in the draft (rounds 2-4) to complement the Gus Bus. Who's it going to be?

Jonathan Brooks, PFF projection #56 (bottom half 2nd)
        Jaylen Wright, PFF projection #71 (top half 3rd)
        Blake Corum, PFF projection #75 (top half 3rd)
        Bucky Irving, PFF projection #84 (mid 3rd)
        Trey Benson, PFF projection #86 (mid 3rd)
        Ray Davis, PFF projection #102, (top 4th)
        Marshawn Lloyd, PFF projection #105 (top half 4th)
        Audric Estime, PFF projection #114 (mid 4th)
        Braelon Allen, PFF projection #129 (bottom half 4th)
        Will Shipley, PFF projection #133 (bottom 4th)
        Issac Guerendo, PFF projection #134 (bottom 4th)

I think they could draft a 2nd RB later on day 3 if there is one they like. Harbaugh's knowledge of this college class will particularly be helpful in the late rounds, he will know who the gems are. With the extra cap space, they could forgo a 2nd RB in the draft and sign a veteran FA like Kareem Hunt or Matt Breida after the draft.
        Heard good things about Braelon Allen. Prefer him over someone like Corum.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2023
          • Send PM

If both Wright and Corum are on the board when the Chargers pick in the 3rd, you would take Wright over Corum? Wright is a year and a half younger and had nearly half the college carries that Corum did. That might tip the scales to him over Corum if I were drafting.
          I would take Wright.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

It seems like the 3rd is going to be a busy round for RBs. I think Wright is my top choice also. Harbaugh rode Corum hard in college, he enters the NFL already age 23 with a boatload of carries in 4 full seasons at Michigan.
            the great Justin Jackson had a huge number of touches at Northwestern.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

I'd wait untill the 4rth round to get a RB.

It's an important position, but you can wait ... someone good will be available at the top of the 4rth.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Check that.

Other than the Chiefs guy (& maybe Dameon Pierce), there hasn't been an RB worth a damn drafted on day 3 in the last 4 drafts.
                Think Joshua Kelly.

But I do think this class is particularly deep, if lacking top end guys.
                Probably need to get one in the 2nd or 3rd rounds. Since you're drafting at the top of each round ..... maybe 3rd?

Comment

• Critty
                  Dominate the Day.
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

I'm sure the USC RB coach would like to have his guy Marshawn Lloyd. And I would too. 5'9 220 4.46 with burst, wiggle and vision. If he is on the board at #110. Joe Hortiz should take him.
                  Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Byron Murphy didn't play in that game.

In the run game, I didn't see him handle Tevondre Sweat alone .... not that that would be an easy assignment.

Frazier did look a bit better blocking in space at the 2nd level; he generally looks lost, particularly in the flat.

I agree with Sonora Jim, I have a late day 3 grade on him.
                    Guess I got Murphys number wrong then...but Frazier doesnt make it past day 2...dont worry...I wont say I told you so...
                    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Charge!
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
                      Check that.

Other than the Chiefs guy (& maybe Dameon Pierce), there hasn't been an RB worth a damn drafted on day 3 in the last 4 drafts.
                      Think Joshua Kelly.

But I do think this class is particularly deep, if lacking top end guys.
                      Probably need to get one in the 2nd or 3rd rounds. Since you're drafting at the top of each round ..... maybe 3rd?
                      how about the 49er back Mitchell?.... but definitely not alot of them

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

According to ESPN's Matt Miller, the team has eyes for Michigan quarterback J.J. McCarthy:
                        "The Vikings sent neither [general manager Kwesi] Adofo-Mensah nor coach Kevin O'Connell to the Michigan pro day Friday, but quarterbacks coach Josh McCown was firmly planted right behind McCarthy during his 25-minute throwing session. In talking to NFL personnel while on the road at pro days this week, the feeling is still the Vikings will be aggressive in trading up to the No. 4 or No. 5 spot to land the Michigan quarterback. One general manager I talked to this week said McCarthy is a top-six pick right now. The question is who will trade up to get him."
                        As I see it, If AZ trades out of 4, we get MHJr, the best player in the draft.

If AZ doesn't trade out of 4, we'll see a bidding war for #5 between the Giants and the Vikes. Only good things can come out of that.

So I see us picking at 6 or 11.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Notes on Michigan Pro Day

Some of these guys look great.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X