• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

ok, so move T'Vondre Sweat to round 3, which is getting crowded by my take w/the likes of Cole Bishop, Cedric Gray and Sweat, not to mention an RB and possibly even an OC ??

and Latham is a better gambit @23 than @11.... duly noted, and.... prolly not interested in him whatsoever.

and would Estime be a good get for us w/one of our fourth rounders ?? (do you gamble that 4.58 is sufficient, and that the 4.71 is a misnomer ?).... it is a gamble regardless.

and Sainristil is on our radar @69 ??

and if true that McCarthy has moved ahead of Maye, that helps our trade down gambit, 'specially if Az goes Marvin and leaves Drake on the board.... for Minny @5.

and JPJ @37.... could play some guard for us while waiting on the fate of Bozeman, and.... Barton under consideration @23, and ditto.... can play some guard/tackle while waiting on the Boze.

Luke McCaffrey @105/110, and.... Cole Bishop as the top safety in his class ?? not sure we're gonna have a shot @the either of him nor Nubin ?? trade down w/Wash DC from 23 to 40/67 ??
    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

Wouldn't you like to know who Herbert would like? That would be nice to know.
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Just two questions for you.

1. We stay at 5, RT or MH2?
        2. We stay at 5. RT or Nabers?
        Questions for you:

1. If we stay @#5 and pick a WR... what do you do @RT, LB, DT, and CB...?
        2. What about RB and TE...?
        3. If you are concerned about IOL (like some say they are) how do you fix those positions...?

Comment

• Fleet 1
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Kauai
          • Send PM

I think our next Jersey giveaway will come in the form of a draft game. If you get the first round player correct...you qualify for the game. Then the Jersey you win will be that player we drafted.

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

1 RT is not going to get us to the SB, if that's what you're getting at. Neither is a top receiver for that matter. This team has a lot of needs
            and it doesn't stop at offense. That's why many believe trading down is the best option. We may or may not have that option. So in that
            case which way do we go? Receiver or RT? Neither one gets us to the SB. One of those may make us SuperChargers, but I'm not saying
            which one.
            the reference to SuperChargers is to when we aired it out and virtually scored @will, and.... never got to a SB, albeit we did w/a defense you couldn't run on, and a pedestrian QB & receiving corps.

and @5, can't complain about any of the top three wideouts, but would still opt for Fuaga there, and def not interested in Bowers @5.

if we trade down, would still hope for Fuaga, but have zero interest in Latham or Mims there, and as Bowers starts to be a consideration, but likely off to NY before then.... after Fuaga, would be interested in Fashanu, and w/Alt an afterthought, as am just not so in love w/his intangibles.... after that would be looking DT/Byron Murphy, or maybe ED w/either of Latu or Verse, and.... would be hoping for Fuaga @11.

and would prefer a double trade down, w/23 again, and for the 40/67 from Wash DC, and.... gotta say that's hellah risky, as the hit rate is 50 percent or so, and the likelihood of hitting on both is unlikely, and would likely leave us w/a lesser prospect than sticking 'n picking @5, and.... have a good sense that Joe is gonna get 'er done day one and day two, and don't forsee any mispicks 'til day three for us.... so let 'em ro!!

and yes/ps. the SB starts w/the Oline and front 7.... RT, DT/NT, LB.... the skill set guys are nice, and.... like eye suggested.... SB or SuperChargers ?? !!
            5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

“Run the ball” and “protect the QB” can both be easily upgraded with picks in the lower rounds (yes, we are just that bad). Even better upgrade with higher picks? Sure, but we are missing starters everywhere and I believe Horitz when he says draft BPA.

We have enough picks to address most if not all of our needs on both sides of the ball, only JH2 know what round each will get, but most likely only the day of the pick lol. Gotta let it play out.

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

You do know that most of the guys we interview do not get drafted by us. There is obviously a lot of reasons for that. But just bringing guys in doesn't
                guarantee anything.
                With the last regime... very true. Do you have any info on how the current group operates...? Serious question... I do not know.

I'm not saying that specific players mean much... but I'd venture to guess that those positions are targets.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Questions for you:

1. If we stay @#5 and pick a WR... what do you do @RT, LB, DT, and CB...?
                  2. What about RB and TE...?
                  3. If you are concerned about IOL (like some say they are) how do you fix those positions...?
                  We first start with what we need. Next would be needed upgrades. Finally what we want.

In terms of need I would say C, CB, IDL, LB and WR
                  In terms of upgrades I would say RB, RT, OG, LB, TE
                  In terms of want I would say: Safety, FB, Edge

That's why a trade back is a reasonable assumption.
                  Where we have some disagreement is over need. We actually don't need a RT. Pipkins wasn't as bad as
                  you make him out to be. We definitely can use an upgrade at RT. But there may be one already on the
                  roster and you don't necessarily pick a RT @5 when a generation WR maybe there. Because of all the
                  needs trading down could be the best option.

There are other reasons why a OT @5 may not make sense for us. Slater is our LT and due for a big contract.
                  If we take Alt, we may decide to move him to LT and slide Slater over to RT. How do you think Slater is going
                  to feel about that? If we take an OT @11, I don't think anybody is going to complain, myself included.

So if we ass-u-me we get #11 and #23 if it were up to me I'd go BPA @ 11, if it's a RT no problem. @23 I'd go CB.
                  2nd round a C or IDL, 3rd round LB, C, IDL or RB, 4th RB, IDL, LB, TE 5th-7th backups for OL, DL QB.

There are many guys on this forum that know way more than I do when it comes to college players. I just watch
                  a game or two on Saturdays. That's usually the SEC, Big Ten, Pac12 or whatever the big game of the week is.
                  I can pick out some of the outstanding players, but going beyond the 3rd round is a real crap shoot.

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

With the last regime... very true. Do you have any info on how the current group operates...? Serious question... I do not know.

I'm not saying that specific players mean much... but I'd venture to guess that those positions are targets.
                    Could be but not necessarily.This is Hortiz first draft as Jim Harbaugh's GM.
                    Both are veterans in the NFL draft who have no precedent as a couple.
                    We know that some smoke screen misdirection is happening.
                    How much and when is anybody's guess.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2022
                      • Send PM

I don't have any idea. But talking to a guy like Alt means they are serious about the OL and we know Harbaugh is going to try
                      and use a power run game. In another year when MH2, Nabers are not there I would have no doubt they would go OT @5.

What makes a pick @5 so hard is that we lost both Williams and Allen, that's the one-two punch and guys behind them do not look
                      ready for the task. QJ has trouble with two things. Press coverage and drops. Palmer looks much improved but he's at best
                      a #2 or #3 option. Davis @ WR is not ready for prime time.

It's a nice year for WRs. If we trade down we may pick one up in the 2nd round.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

the reference to SuperChargers is to when we aired it out and virtually scored @will, and.... never got to a SB, albeit we did w/a defense you couldn't run on, and a pedestrian QB & receiving corps.

and @5, can't complain about any of the top three wideouts, but would still opt for Fuaga there, and def not interested in Bowers @5.

if we trade down, would still hope for Fuaga, but have zero interest in Latham or Mims there, and as Bowers starts to be a consideration, but likely off to NY before then.... after Fuaga, would be interested in Fashanu, and w/Alt an afterthought, as am just not so in love w/his intangibles.... after that would be looking DT/Byron Murphy, or maybe ED w/either of Latu or Verse, and.... would be hoping for Fuaga @11.

and would prefer a double trade down, w/23 again, and for the 40/67 from Wash DC, and.... gotta say that's hellah risky, as the hit rate is 50 percent or so, and the likelihood of hitting on both is unlikely, and would likely leave us w/a lesser prospect than sticking 'n picking @5, and.... have a good sense that Joe is gonna get 'er done day one and day two, and don't forsee any mispicks 'til day three for us.... so let 'em ro!!

and yes/ps. the SB starts w/the Oline and front 7.... RT, DT/NT, LB.... the skill set guys are nice, and.... like eye suggested.... SB or SuperChargers ?? !!
                        Before the SuperChargers there was the Mad Bomber and he had Alworth and Garrison.

How about a CB @23? We're a little thin there.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                          We've hashed out this draft ad nauseum. I'm a bit weary of it. At this point I'm just looking forward to what Harbaugh/Hortiz do and trusting their plan. But it seems there are three basic scenarios. I'm curious what the majority opinion here on the board is at this point. Myself, I think they will stay put at #5 and draft either Nabers or Harrison Jr. What do you think?

1. Draft Nabers or Harrison at #5.

2. Draft a non WR at #5.

3. Trade down for more picks.
                          Lol, no shit. Some of the stuff is SME stuff to. A lot of certainty out there
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X