• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jrock1970
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Mar 2024
    • Send PM

When you have Holt, Akim and Faulk....you can add a Bruce and not need as much on the oline and still light people up.....so long as you have a Warner throwin😁😁😁
    But we don't have that.....and we have a broken strainer for a defense

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2022
      • White Rock, BC Canada
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Jrock1970 View Post

True....but you still have to be able to protect herbie well enough to use the advantage the top reciever affords you. They had other key contributors the last couple years helping that success. 3yrs later and they're not in that great of a postion......
      They already have invested 2 first round picks on o line in last 3 drafts. Whose to say every lineman they add has to be their top pick. You can upgrade RG at 37 and have Salyer battle Pipkins at RT or get a RT like Jordan Morgan or Kingsley Suamataia at 37.

#5 is rarified air where you should get a special player, and there are special players sitting there at a position of huge need. Other than QB, the best players in this draft in the top 5 are elite WRS.

Comment

• Jrock1970
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Mar 2024
        • Send PM

We couldn't run/ stop the run, play action killed us, crossing routes were result of some of the biggest gains we allowed AND we couldn't stretch the field/ Deep to save our lives....we need lots of help. I know we can't fix it all in 1 draft but maybe enough in this one to make a lil noise, then hammer down for the next few with another solid draft.

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

According to the Trade Value Chart, the Jets' trade would require 400 points to get from #10 to #5.
          According to the Trade Value Chart, that's what a 2nd round pick is worth. Since the Jets don't have a 2nd round pick in 2024, that would mean a 2nd round pick from 2025 draft. It's just simple Math... there are no snacks needed.

Personally, I'd take the Jets 3rd rounder this year and their 2025 3rd rounder. We wouldn't be getting over-value from a Jets trade (since they'd be going after Joe Alt most likely). Obviously, the Vikings trade would bring more... because trade-ups for QB's typically demand an over-pay.

Getting any extra draft pick is smart... especially when you're probably targeting a specific guy @#10 or #11 anyways (Fuaga). Why wouldn't you take the extra picks...? It's just smart.
          First of all, a 2nd in 2025 is generally considered to be worth a 3rd this upcoming draft .... so you are not getting 2nd round value;
          Second, we don't know which 2nd it will be next year, so you cannot assess the value period.

Third, the Jets will not trade up to get someone to pair up with Garrett Wilson, unless they can fleece someone and it doesn't cost much, as you are suggesting.

It sounds like the type of deal where the Chargers are desperate to move down because they can kick the tires on any old RT and will accept anything.

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Malik John Jefferson Nabers at #5. His Pro Day numbers were off the charts today. Herbert to JJ 2.0 for 6, over and over and over.

Comment

• Jrock1970
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2024
              • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

They already have invested 2 first round picks on o line in last 3 drafts. Whose to say every lineman they add has to be their top pick. You can upgrade RG at 37 and have Salyer battle Pipkins at RT or get a RT like Jordan Morgan or Kingsley Suamataia at 37.

#5 is rarified air where you should get a special player, and there are special players sitting there at a position of huge need. Other than QB, the best players in this draft in the top 5 are elite WRS.
              Never Said it HAD to be.....If they can navigate/manipulate the board well and still get a good enough right tackle later then that's what they should do.....but i've been following this team nigh on 45yrs through many GM's and Coaches and rarely seen a draft that successfully adresses more than 1 or 2 significant needs. I'm trying to be grounded in the belief that 6 very good players is better than 1 or 2 great ones...lol
              Depending on Salyer/Pipkens already shown not to work

Comment

• Jrock1970
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2024
                • Send PM

If we can trade back into the first and get someone like Mims (A beast) who is pretty raw, then cool. But to take a lesser or Developemental tackle later isn't a safe bet. We're on yr 3/4 with Pipkens....a developemental tackle

Comment

• electricgold
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2020
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                  Malik John Jefferson Nabers at #5. His Pro Day numbers were off the charts today. Herbert to JJ 2.0 for 6, over and over and over.
                  Nabers is right on par with what Ja'marr Chase did at his pro day and pretty close on his production! Have to believe if MHJ wants to play in LA the Cards could draft Nabers and never blink! If the cards draft MHJ we could draft Nabers?

Comment

• Jrock1970
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Mar 2024
                    • Send PM

I don't look forward to possibly passing on Nabers or Harrison, but neither one is gonna add more than 1 win by themselves or just because a lesser( but still better) tackle is gonna give herbie a half second more to get the ball out or block well enough in the run game to give us .3yds per rush better on edge rushes will make us significantly more competitive. I'd love to get Nabers and have my ice-cream too😁

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2022
                      • White Rock, BC Canada
                      • Send PM

Never Said it HAD to be.....If they can navigate/manipulate the board well and still get a good enough right tackle later then that's what they should do.....but i've been following this team nigh on 45yrs through many GM's and Coaches and rarely seen a draft that successfully adresses more than 1 or 2 significant needs. I'm trying to be grounded in the belief that 6 very good players is better than 1 or 2 great ones...lol
                      Depending on Salyer/Pipkens already shown not to work
                      Salyer played well at tackle, not as well at guard.

Comment

• eaterfan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2020
                        • Send PM

I don't look forward to possibly passing on Nabers or Harrison, but neither one is gonna add more than 1 win by themselves or just because a lesser( but still better) tackle is gonna give herbie a half second more to get the ball out or block well enough in the run game to give us .3yds per rush better on edge rushes will make us significantly more competitive. I'd love to get Nabers and have my ice-cream too😁
                        No matter how good the RT is, if the C and G miss their blocks, the play is dead. Even if the RT does add a full second of protection over Pipkins (that's not really going to happen), it doesn't matter unless Salyer and Bozeman add that second, too. If Nabers or MHJ win the rep, they are open. If they can get open one second faster than (ugh, I don't even know who our 3rd receiver will be at this point. Let's say Guyton) than the entire OL can block for one second less. I think the best bet for fixing the OL is the scheme change. If the blocking scheme is good, all the guys can improve. That's probably the thing I have the most faith in when it comes to this offensive coaching staff.

Comment

• Jrock1970
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Mar 2024
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Salyer played well at tackle, not as well at guard.
                          Salyer was ok. Pipkens a train wreck. I'd prefer Nabers/Harrison/Mitchell as top reciever pick.....or even Odunze. But only if they can get significantly better up front as well.... we might not see another group of recievers like this in another decade or more. Fingers crossed😁

Comment

Working...
                          X