• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

were you missing a word there, or.... you think he goes OT or WR (or TE) @5 ??
    No, what I was saying is if the pick is at 5 and the top player on his board is WR -- I think he and Hortiz would take WR -- even though Harbaugh has talked about how important the Oline is

And he is right, OL is important but I think Harbaugh is smart enough to understand you don't turn down top flight talent.

I think if the Chargers stay at 5 - they go off the draft board and if their draft board is in line with other analysts, that would be WR

Comment

• Jrock1970
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Mar 2024
      • Send PM

my thought on this matter is that a top shelf lineman is the more rare find day two or in the back half of the first, and.... where 'tis much more common to find a pass catcher in that slotting ??

know alotta peoples here are hung up on RT, but who would you rather have blocked.... Khalil or Joey, or.... how 'bout both of 'em ??

personal suspicion is that alot more pass catchers slip thru the top of the first to later than that.... than real good linemen.... RTs included ??
      Agree wth you on multiple fronts. Similar Draft as well.....Fuaga, Mitchell, Sweat, Cooper/Colson/Trotter, then possibly another D-line. Too many really good recievers in end of 1st/ top of 2nd for me to double dip unless you take Dallas in first....roster needs help all over😁

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Javia View Post

MW, QJ, Odunze and MHJ are all X receivers. KA can play any receiver position, but on the Chargers he is the Z/slot receiver. Nabers is a Z/slot receiver.
        Nabers played the majority of his snaps at LSU at slot, yes (I think QJ did at TCU too?). But Nabers’ skill set is way more that of an NFL X than QJ’s. IMHO. If we draft Nabers he immediately becomes starting X, Palmer the Y, QJ slot/backup for both, the way I see it.

Comment

• Jrock1970
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Mar 2024
          • Send PM

Not to mention corner......Mckinstry, Rake, Dejean or Sainristil.....🤷‍♂️

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

'Cat.... think 'tis more likely we would draft one of 'em @69, as their (avg overall) rankings are along the lines of 65, 72, 94 & 92 respectively.
            Okay, sounds good! Maybe a CB or DT in round 2...

Comment

• Jrock1970
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2024
              • Send PM

As far as Recievers go, i'd take a pass on all of top 3.....unless you mortgage the future by trading multiple early picks in next years draft. I would focus on getting multiples from this group- Mitchell, Worthy, Burton, Smith, Malik W., and Roman W.

Comment

• Jrock1970
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2024
                • Send PM

This is kinda what it would look like to get a top reciever and top tackle.
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

• Eurobolt
                  *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Jrock1970 View Post
                  This is kinda what it would look like to get a top reciever and top tackle.
                  I see what you have done here... Abused TT

Comment

• Jrock1970
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Mar 2024
                    • Send PM

Lol....I had to give up #110,253 and 25-1st,4th and 7th to get #13..... not what it said 🤣
                    However....if i could get away with doin that to Telessismoreco i darn shure would👍👍👍👍

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2022
                      • White Rock, BC Canada
                      • Send PM

Obviously the Chargers have needs to fill but i am not sure you can fill every hole in one draft. As Harbaugh himself says you "chip away" Needing multiple players, and the fact that Harbaugh and Hortiz want to build the lines does not mean you close your eyes to exceptional talents that can change the team when you are in the rare top 5 position to get one. Harrison and Nabers are such game changing players. Nabers is making it very hard to pass on him with this tape and the show he just put on at his pro day.

Los Angeles finds itself in a similar situation as the Cincinnati Bengals in 2021. That Bengals team had a lot of needs with many people shouting from the rooftops that the fifth pick should be an offensive tackle. Instead, the Bengals went with the special LSU wide receiver, Ja'Marr Chase, and it completely changed the entire complexion of the franchise.

Comment

• electricgold
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2020
                        • Send PM

Isn't Braelon Allen exactly the kind of RB Harbaugh & Roman want and love.

Didn't Harbaugh try and recruit him to play at Michigan at one point?!

If you go by players he really wanted wouldn't it be correct to think we may draft Bowers & Brealon Allen around a grip of Michigan players?

Comment

• Jrock1970
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Mar 2024
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post
                          Obviously the Chargers have needs to fill but i am not sure you can fill every hole in one draft. As Harbaugh himself says you "chip away" Needing multiple players, and the fact that Harbaugh and Hortiz want to build the lines does not mean you close your eyes to exceptional talents that can change the team when you are in the rare top 5 position to get one. Harrison and Nabers are such game changing players. Nabers is making it very hard to pass on him with this tape and the show he just put on at his pro day.

Los Angeles finds itself in a similar situation as the Cincinnati Bengals in 2021. That Bengals team had a lot of needs with many people shouting from the rooftops that the fifth pick should be an offensive tackle. Instead, the Bengals went with the special LSU wide receiver, Ja'Marr Chase, and it completely changed the entire complexion of the franchise.
                          True....but you still have to be able to protect herbie well enough to use the advantage the top reciever affords you. They had other key contributors the last couple years helping that success. 3yrs later and they're not in that great of a postion......

Comment

Working...
                          X