Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Nabers is right on par with what Ja'marr Chase did at his pro day and pretty close on his production! Have to believe if MHJ wants to play in LA the Cards could draft Nabers and never blink! If the cards draft MHJ we could draft Nabers?
    It's interesting I was just reading about how in 2021 the Bengals had a lot of needs but picked Chase at #5 and it completely changed the franchise, and that Nabers could do the same for the Chargers.

If the Cards draft a WR at #4 and it's MHJ, the Chargers will have the opportunity to draft Nabers. If the Cards draft Nabers the Chargers will have MHJ fall into their lap. If the Cards trade down and a team drafts a QB, the Chargers will have their choice of MHJ or Nabers. Whatever scenario plays out the Chargers win. They really can't lose. Nabers reminds so much of John Jefferson I am favoring him over MHJ right now. But either one of them catching home run balls from Herbert would be awesome.

Comment

• Jrock1970
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Mar 2024
      • Send PM

Nabers is like a keenan type that can scoot and break tackles👍

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

We will have to agree to disagree with UM's offense and that's ok.

I do agree with this point that you made about not having a superstar WR and really goes to show how good a coach Harbaugh is. He had a bunch of 3-star recruits, and they have a ton of them in this year's draft. The point I was trying to make is that this years draft is loaded with WRs that will fit in their offense and could be superstars. They don't need to take one in the 1st rnd. If the draft wasn't as deep with WRs then I could totally see it. With that said, if they choose to WR with #5 I get that as well.

I'm not sure if this was directed at me or not but I never said he doesn't want an elite WR. If I said that somewhere than I am wrong because I've never seen anywhere he has said that.

LSU has a lot of good players in the draft and not surprised he as there and not surprised if he is there to see Nabers. If the Chargers are going to pick @ #5, he is definitely a target. He needs to do his due diligence because they can't get that pick wrong if they stay put.
        Disagree about what? that because he ran a pro style offense at UM, his will be the same in LAC? I agree he will have a pro style offense and won't install a spread, pistol, run n shoot, nor option attack style offense; but yeah we sure can disagree that they will be the same.

Deciding to take a WR later because of WR draft depth is a valid argument. Stating that Harbaugh doesn't want great receivers because his UM offense didn't have them and his UM offense was great is logically invalid. And for gods sake - somebody take time to even look up his amazing offense at UM:

Michigan's offense ranked #69 nationally in total yards per game. https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...m-offense.html
        His Defense was ranked #1https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...m-defense.html

Now I don't know that Jim wants to take an OT, a WR, a TE, trade down, or a CB. But I am sure he knows that #69 offense will not win jack shit in the NFL
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Jrock1970
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Mar 2024
          • Send PM

KA is one of the greatest route runners i've ever seen. Quicker than fast, great footwork, exceptional at tracking the ball in air, had above average hands and a knack for outlandish catches but lacked true speed and was easy to tackle(when you got to him...lol) Easily one of my favorite charger recievers. Absolutely hate to see him go. But even He wasn't enough by himself....

Comment

• Jrock1970
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Mar 2024
            • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post

No matter how good the RT is, if the C and G miss their blocks, the play is dead. Even if the RT does add a full second of protection over Pipkins (that's not really going to happen), it doesn't matter unless Salyer and Bozeman add that second, too. If Nabers or MHJ win the rep, they are open. If they can get open one second faster than (ugh, I don't even know who our 3rd receiver will be at this point. Let's say Guyton) than the entire OL can block for one second less. I think the best bet for fixing the OL is the scheme change. If the blocking scheme is good, all the guys can improve. That's probably the thing I have the most faith in when it comes to this offensive coaching staff.
            Agreed....thank god we got a center that should be good enough. If Salyer progresses like he should then drafting Nabers and not taking a readymade tackle or getting another developement project later would work just fine.

Comment

• eaterfan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2020
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Jrock1970 View Post
              KA is one of the greatest route runners i've ever seen. Quicker than fast, great footwork, exceptional at tracking the ball in air, had above average hands and a knack for outlandish catches but lacked true speed and was easy to tackle(when you got to him...lol) Easily one of my favorite charger recievers. Absolutely hate to see him go. But even He wasn't enough by himself....
              100% true... But the offenses when he was here were always really good, even at times when the OL was bad.

Linsley has been one of the best Cs to play for the Chargers and Slater was an all-pro. They couldn't do it on their own, either. The defense has to step up and this team needs to draft well in the mid to late rounds to bring in more talent on both sides of the ball.

Comment

• Jack Burton
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2023
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Jrock1970 View Post
                I cant remember which podcast it was, I listened to around 6 today, lol, but one of them said MH2 was measured at 22.2 mph with the ball…faster than Nabers..faster than Tyreek which was measured as the fastest at 21 MPH…

Comment

• eaterfan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

I cant remember which podcast it was, I listened to around 6 today, lol, but one of them said MH2 was measured at 22.2 mph with the ball…faster than Nabers..faster than Tyreek which was measured as the fastest at 21 MPH…
                  MHJ is a really really good athlete. He's just in a class with some freaks. This reminds me of Aiden Hutchinson. He was a great athlete, but people kept knocking him because he wasn't Trayvon Walker (all time freak).

Comment

• Jack Burton
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2023
                    • Send PM

MHJ is a really really good athlete. He's just in a class with some freaks. This reminds me of Aiden Hutchinson. He was a great athlete, but people kept knocking him because he wasn't Trayvon Walker (all time freak).
                    This draft is just freakin LOADED with awesome talent into the 5th round. It’s absurd. Next years draft is just not projected to be anywhere near this good. Either way, they gotta hit it out of the park. MH2 at 5, or 11 and 23, I don’t care, but just nail this draft.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I wouldn't call MHJ, Nabers, Odunze, or Bowers "a wasted pick". Deservedly, they are all ranked in the top-15. Most of them will be gone by the #11 pick. But you are right about Michigan's offense. Their WR's and TE's are not elite. Ronnie Bell went in the 7th round last year. I'd be surprised to see Roman Wilson go before the 3rd round. Cornelius Johnson might go in the 5th round. AJ Barner looks like a 6th rounder. Colston Loveland might be a 3rd or 4th rounder next year...

The point being... you don't need a 1st round WR or TE to run what Harbaugh/Roman do. They would probably be under-utilized in this offensive system. Pair that with the fact that they're checking out WR's that project in the 4th round... and you can make well-informed guesses about certain positions.

Roman Wilson had 40 receptions in the regular season... same with Cornelius Johnson and Colston Loveland. They spread the ball around. "Everyone gets fed" Harbaugh says. I'm sorry, but we already have those guys on roster with Joshua Palmer, QJ, and Hayden Hurst. We'll draft depth at those positions IMO. And there are some nice prospects in the 4th and 5th rounds (WR's and TE's).

Statements and actions suggest that OT is probably a good bet in the 1st round. The fact that they are also interested in LB Cooper (projected around pick #23) also suggests that a Vikings trade-back is also a good bet.

Dudes are just having a tough time letting go of their faves...
                      I don't know if they are looking for depth at WR and TE. Hurst has a 1 year deal. Perfect for mentoring Bowers and have a strong 3 TE unit. Palmer is a FA after this year. I can see a WR possibly in round 2 but most likely round 3 and 4. Some good guys there to be solid starters in 2025 and contribute this year.

Wilson had 48 receptions at Michigan, and Johnson 47, Loveland 45 so they do spread it around but you still can have weapons. Not seeing us settling for 5th round TEs and WRs when we have a little uncertainty at those spots. Herbert can use some weapons.

Sure Bowers is my fav for us but I'd be pretty happy with MHJ, Nabers and or Odunze it's that's where we go. Or a OT if that's where we go and trade down. I don't want to settle for a 5th-6th round RB either.
                      Several ways they can go that id be cool with. Don't have to be my guys. My only real guy for a fave is Bowers but I'd understand if we went elsewhere....but they love their TEs and this class.....weak.

I have way more confidence in the drafting with Hortiz and Harbaugh than I did Telesco and his bumbling HCs
                      Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-27-2024, 05:45 PM.

Comment

• Jack Burton
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2023
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I don't know if they are looking for depth at WR and TE. Hurst has a 1 year deal. Perfect for mentoring Bowers and have a strong 3 TE unit. Palmer is a FA after this year. I can see a WR possibly in round 2 but most likely round 3 and 4. Some good guys there to be solid starters in 2025 and contribute this year.

Wilson had 48 receptions at Michigan, and Johnson 47, Loveland 45 so they do spread it around but you still can have weapons. Not seeing us settling for 5th round TEs and WRs when we have a little uncertainty at those spots. Herbert can use some weapons. Don't send him to a car race with a Toyota.

Sure Bowers is my fav for us but I'd be pretty happy with MHJ, Nabers and or Odunze it's that's where we go. Or a OT if that's where we go and trade down. I don't want to settle for a 5th round RB either.
                        Several ways they can go that id be cool with. Don't have to be my guys. My only real guy for a fave is Bowers but I'd understand if we went elsewhere....but they love those TEs and this class.....weak.
                        Matt Money Smith alluded to the FO re signing Palmer now. He even went so far as to exclaim, “Don’t wait. Cause they will get a discount if they sign him now…”

Comment

• Jrock1970
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Mar 2024
                          • Send PM

No matter how good the RT is, if the C and G miss their blocks, the play is dead. Even if the RT does add a full second of protection over Pipkins (that's not really going to happen), it doesn't matter unless Salyer and Bozeman add that second, too. If Nabers or MHJ win the rep, they are open. If they can get open one second faster than (ugh, I don't even know who our 3rd receiver will be at this point. Let's say Guyton) than the entire OL can block for one second less. I think the best bet for fixing the OL is the scheme change. If the blocking scheme is good, all the guys can improve. That's probably the thing I have the most faith in when it comes to this offensive coaching staff.
                          I also beieve Pipkens would be much better at guard....if that works out we should have an above average o-line. If ....it works out 😁

Comment

Working...
                          X