• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
    Agree and i said he was getting over hyped. Happens every year. But yes there are a few teams like Philly and Dallas who need a OC.

Comment

• Javia
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2023
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Agree and i said he was getting over hyped. Happens every year. But yes there are a few teams like Philly and Dallas who need a OC.
      The Chargers need a new C and a new RG. JPJ can play either, as can Bozeman, and is one of the best run blockers in the draft. I think that Harbaugh would be ecstatic if JPJ managed to fall all the way to pick #37.

Comment

• Jack Burton
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2023
        • Send PM

Since the whole QB thing hinges around pick 4-5, Ive been listening to other teams podcasts to see what they’re temperatures are on the topic but they also talk about other prospects and according to many of these guys Graham Barton’s name keeps coming up. A lot. He is the best C by far in this draft to all these guys. And no one thinks he’s getting out of the 1st. He’s also a really good G.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Chargers have been down and playing catch-up because their defense was horrendous and they had trouble pass protecting, run blocking on offense. Run the ball better (better run blocking) and stay balanced on offense (55/45) and many of those fall-behind early problems go away. The defense is a long ways away from being a defense that will keep you in games. I'd be focussing on defense a lot more than this board is doing right now. Most of the time a Top-10 defense will make you competitive and win a SB for you. Bad weather in late December or early January can be a season ender for an offensive-centric team... just ask the Dolphins.
          Yeah but we had chances, just not the personnel.

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Yeah but we had chances, just not the personnel.
            I'm not looking at current personnel with last year in mind. I think both offensive and defensive schemes will be vastly different considering the current OC and DC. Run blocking will be the big difference on offense. Pass rush and pass defense will vastly different, too.

I believe Plumpkins doesn't cut it in the run game or pass protection. Hence, I believe that their interest in Alt and Latham is real.

I believe their interest in Edgerrin Cooper is real... along with their interest in Fiske.
            They already know about Jenkins, Colson, and Sainsristil. So maybe they are just doing their HW on Cooper and Fiske... using these expeditions to compare with what they already know. But their interest should give us clues.

Their interest in Brenden Rice and Ainias Smith should give us clues too. Interest in Brock Bowers (along with Ja'Tavion Sanders) has to be considered. I look at the draft in a holistic way. #5 pick v #11 + #23 picks is just the surface... and only represents 5% of the process (after whole draft and FA pickups).

Comment

• Jack Burton
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2023
              • Send PM

I'm not looking at current personnel with last year in mind. I think both offensive and defensive schemes will be vastly different considering the current OC and DC. Run blocking will be the big difference on offense. Pass rush and pass defense will vastly different, too.

I believe Plumpkins doesn't cut it in the run game or pass protection. Hence, I believe that their interest in Alt and Latham is real.

I believe their interest in Edgerrin Cooper is real... along with their interest in Fiske.
              They already know about Jenkins, Colson, and Sainsristil. So maybe they are just doing their HW on Cooper and Fiske... using these expeditions to compare with what they already know. But their interest should give us clues.

Their interest in Brenden Rice and Ainias Smith should give us clues too. Interest in Brock Bowers (along with Ja'Tavion Sanders) has to be considered. I look at the draft in a holistic way. #5 pick v #11 + #23 picks is just the surface... and only represents 5% of the process (after whole draft and FA pickups).
              What about going to LSU’s Pro Day 2 days ago?
              You think their interest in those 2 WRs is real?

Comment

• charger1_sj
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2022
                • Send PM

Feel free to look up the offensive rankings. The point was... that most SB winning teams have Top-10 defenses. I was referring to a poster that stated that defense doesn't win championships any more... he inferred that was ancient thinking. I was just pointing out how often Top-10 defenses have appeared lately... and how often Top-3 offenses have fallen lately.

Also be aware that the #1 scoring offense (Cowboys) couldn't overcome the 48 points the Packers hung on their defense in their playoff game... or that the #2 scoring offense (Dolphins) scored only 6 points in the inclement weather in KC during the playoffs.
                Dallas D was ranked #5, Packers O # 11. So you tell me what went wrong? Because it had nothing to do with rankings and this is why I don't like rankings.
                Cleveland had the #1 ranked D in the league. They didn't get very far. So obviously there's much more to it than saying D wins championships. It's really
                comes down to who gets hot, who has the better coaching, who is healthy, and a bit of luck. KC loses both against Philly and SF if not for the timely turnovers.
                The KC/Philly game was high scoring, yet the Eagles had a great D that year and KC's D wasn't shabby either. In both cases when the chips were down
                Mahomes was clutch and KC won.

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

think GBay could use him as well.... also think Creed Humphrey lends something to his cause as well ??

and do think Bozeman is gonna ease the pressure on drafting IOL early, and as personally am not so overwhelmed by the OCs this go 'round ??
                  5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

What about going to LSU’s Pro Day 2 days ago?
                    You think their interest in those 2 WRs is real?
                    Certainly. They may be researching trade value or other team's interest as well.
                    Information is king. Best to know everything about everybody.
                    Maybe they want to see Nabers throw a tantrum... up close and personal.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

He'd be a bust if you skip on MHJr / Nabers / Odunze to draft him.

A solid RT you can get on day 2.
                      Thats always the risk if you trade back. Hence, if you trade off of MHJr or Nabers - who by consensus, seem to be top 3 pure players in the draft

1) you better get more than max value in a trade down

2) the trade down is about building a better team with multiple players over one player but still need to hit on the picks.

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Dallas D was ranked #5, Packers O # 11. So you tell me what went wrong? Because it had nothing to do with rankings and this is why I don't like rankings.
                        Cleveland had the #1 ranked D in the league. They didn't get very far. So obviously there's much more to it than saying D wins championships. It's really
                        comes down to who gets hot, who has the better coaching, who is healthy, and a bit of luck. KC loses both against Philly and SF if not for the timely turnovers.
                        The KC/Philly game was high scoring, yet the Eagles had a great D that year and KC's D wasn't shabby either. In both cases when the chips were down
                        Mahomes was clutch and KC won.
                        Absolutely! Rankings help us explain trends and the sometimes unexplainable... they are susceptible to hot rolls, matchups, coaching, and timely turnovers. The KC/Philly game produced 73 combined points! But don't tell me the 182 passing yards by MaHommes was the total reason KC won. Don't tell me defense doesn't matter... that the only way to beat KC is to outscore them.

The #1, #2, and #3 scoring defenses appeared in this year's Conference Championship games. Those are simple facts... discount that if you must. Just don't try and convince me that Harbaugh and Roman are going to try and replicate what Reid/MaHommes/Kelce have going... that would be like trying to win the Kick Boxing Championship on one leg.

Comment

• MusicMakerInMe
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2020
                          • Send PM

That is pretty wild. The height isn't too crazy as he's the same as Rashawn and has longer arms.
                          If you visit the link you can run the metrics as Guard and Center.

Scored 9.96/10.0 for a Guard.
                          10.0/10.0 for a Center.

Comment

Working...
                          X