• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Is that a big surprise? I don’t follow college football closely at all but never heard of this kid
    He earned the Heisman.
    Just ask Booger.
    Brugler likes him too.
    ~ #10 overall prospect ATM.
    Calling card is lots of big plays.
    Dangerous like Lamar.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Not right away as rookies anyways. As mentioned i think Sinnott, Barner maybe Stover can be pretty decent ones in time. Bell not real high on and he looks to me to be under the 239 lbs he is listed at.

Id rather bring back Hunter Henry than Everett. Both are 29. Give Hunter Henry a 2 year 10-11 mil deal and make year 2 an out. NE isnt going to resign him. They hardly use him after what they paid him.....unless BB still thinks as high of him as he did before thy got him. Everett im only interested at 4 mil....and even then, he is an average TE.....runs tough but thats it.

Perhaps a 1 year cheap deal for Hooper. He is also mediocre but he would be cheap to get a rookie up to speed.
      Bell might only be 235 lbs... would it really matter? Dalton Kincaid was only 240 lbs. Most teams have a receiving TE that they don't ask to block. Stone Smart is only 226 lbs. Jaheim Bell's YAC can't be ignored. He runs like a RB after the catch. Whoever figures out how to use his natural talents, will have themselves a productive starter IMO.

If it's simply size that fits your requirements, then Brevyn Spann-Ford should be your guy. The dude is 6'7" 270 lbs. And unlike the ultra-slow Darnell Washington, Spann-Ford can move. LOL! Imagine Spann-Ford and Parham in at the same time for your 12-personnel...

Parham: 6'8", 240 lbs
      Spann-Ford: 6'7", 270 lbs.

Good luck!

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

College football is ruined:

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

"reportedly rumored"... I guess that mean it's absolutely verified, lol.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Bell might only be 235 lbs... would it really matter? Dalton Kincaid was only 240 lbs. Most teams have a receiving TE that they don't ask to block. Stone Smart is only 226 lbs. Jaheim Bell's YAC can't be ignored. He runs like a RB after the catch. Whoever figures out how to use his natural talents, will have themselves a productive starter IMO.

If it's simply size that fits your requirements, then Brevyn Spann-Ford should be your guy. The dude is 6'7" 270 lbs. And unlike the ultra-slow Darnell Washington, Spann-Ford can move. LOL! Imagine Spann-Ford and Parham in at the same time for your 12-personnel...

Parham: 6'8", 240 lbs
            Spann-Ford: 6'7", 270 lbs.

Good luck!
            Im thinking lower lol. Looks Stone Smart size and yes it matters for a TE. Smart dont play much as he is undersized and isnt a true in line TE. Neither is Bell imo. Hey maybe he really is 235 lbs, but he sure dont look it to me.

Kincaid came in at 246 for the combine or Proday...whichever he was measured at(didnt participate due to small back fracture). And he looks to have decent size today. Just saying Bell looks small for a TE....and it is going to matter if he is your #1 TE.
            He isnt known as a blocker either. I know you gonna say Kincaid wasnt either but he wasnt awful, he was ok and has gotten better and he is a better blocker than Bell is. Im not down on him, just not what i think we need. He runs like a RB is maybe because in 2022 he had 73 carries (3.6 YPC) and only 25 receptions.

Think we need a little more than what he brings. If we want to split a TE out all the time, just get a WR with size or stick with Smartt. But we also need a inline TE who can also split out. Sure he can get bigger but idk...Bell just doesn't push any buttons for me as a TE for us. I could be wrong as well but for us im not looking for Rod Bernstein at TE.

Parham sucks and is injury prone. Sorry but we can upgrade him as well. He is just tall and they dont utilize his height very often...and when they do, he drops the ball.
            Last edited by Boltjolt; 12-10-2023, 11:48 AM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
              College football is ruined:

I knew paying these guys wasnt a good idea. Its gonna get worse. Players are transfering at a higher rate every year now. He has nothing to prove in college. Sure he is set for life with 20 mil...IF he dont blow it like most players but if he gets hurt badly, his NFL money will go way down from where it will be now as a top 5 pick and makes him wait an extra year to get a big second contract.

Thats a tough decision and not like he grew up broke with his daddy in the NFL.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

The Chargers currently possess picks 10, 41, 72 & 107.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Possibly down to 6 when we lose out?

Brock Bowers, come on down.
                  Trade Bosa and MW. Hopefully we get two 3rds. Or someone like the Niners , maybe Seahawks want Joey and throw a 2nd at us.

Wishful thinking there but never know. Someone (Seattle) gave us a 3rd for a clipboard Jesus.

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Possibly down to 6 when we lose out?

Brock Bowers, come on down.
                    personally would still take Latu, Odunze or Newton over Bowers.... how much of an injury concern is he ??

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

So whats the difference of we go CB early or NT? You are saying we need a DT/NT and we will need a CB.

I know....keep Vato. Likely not happening. I know you would keep him but things point to us not keeping him.
                      He is playing this week though because Leonard has an injured heel.

Will be some good CBs round 2 if we don't get one round 1 and probably will need that CB to start so waiting isn't good strategy. That CB will play every down, a DT/NT will not. Maybe they sign one , who knows.

My two TEs and Bowers and Sanders.
                      Jaheim Bell is ok, but he is split out often so hard to see much tape of him blocking, so got to read scouting reports that don't look real favorable to his blocking. And to me he looks undersized and under the 239lbs he is listed. Looks more a shorter version of Gesicki who can't block but a better runner with the ball.

After that it's just some decent guys like Sinnott. Maybe he can beat out Parham but don't know if he can step in right away. Michigan TE AJ Barner is a sleeper/value pick who could turn out to be a good one.

That's why for me, if we pick top 10 or lower I'm going Bowers or targeting Sanders round 2.
                      TE is not the class it was last year.

Would be a draft to have extra picks from Bosa and MW trades.
                      out of those names, only guy I'd take a flyer on is Barner day three, or better yet if he lasted 'til round 8.

and the difference is you'd draft TE or CB if it's a need pick, whereas for myself am drafting by player and much prefer Sweat over a maybe CB, and prefer LB, OC, OG, RB over TE round three.

and yes, am leaning re signing the both of Everett and Mike D. as placeholders 'til the draft falls our way @those positions.... of need.
                      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

2024 NFL Draft Stock Down

Keon Coleman, WR, Florida State

Coleman is starting to emerge as a polarizing prospect with team sources. The evaluators who don’t like him said they think he lacks speed and is going to really struggle getting away from NFL cornerbacks. The scouts who do like him say they think Coleman will be able to create just enough late separation, but he is a big, physical, mismatch weapon on contested catches. They also point to Coleman being a good athlete, as illustrated by his effectiveness as an emergency punt returner. Some sources think he could end up being selected in the mid-to-late first round of the 2024 NFL Draft, while others have him in Round 2.

Emeka Egbuka, WR, Ohio State

Egbuka looked like a future first-round pick entering this season, but after a disappointing year, he’s being projected to Day 2 of the 2024 NFL Draft by teams. Egbuka missed time with an injury, looked like was missing speed when he came back, and never developed chemistry with his new quarterback. Egbuka could return to Ohio State, but if he enters the 2024 NFL Draft, he probably will fall to the second or third round.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

personally would still take Latu, Odunze or Newton over Bowers.... how much of an injury concern is he ??
                          He had,.... as I read it, a severe high ankle sprain in week 7 and he had the tight rope surgery procedure to try and get back sooner. That was his first injury in college.

If we get down to pick #6, there is no way I'm passing on him for one of those guys with this TE class. Newton wouldn't even be an everydown player.

If Bowers is on the board, he is my pick.

Comment

Working...
                          X