• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ghost of Quacksaw
    Beef Before Gazelles
    • May 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Javia View Post
    If Harbaugh doesn't get any good offers for the #5 pick, I expect him to take a WR. NOT because he wants to, but because his hand is forced.
    I'd word it differently-- If no good offer for the #5 pick materializes, the talent distribution would dictate taking a receiver that I'm certain Harbaugh will be geeked about having. Had the positional talent distribution been different, I'm likewise assuming that Harbaugh would prefer to acquire run-game components.

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I'm glad to see someone is paying attention to GM and coach interviews.
      I'm glad to see someone understands the offensive scheme changes.
      Oh pretty sure we all do. 👍

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Not my hang-up... talk to sj about it. He's planning for the last 2 minutes of the Chiefs game... I'm trying to build a team that plays every team... every minute... every game.

I will never understand the argument.... "Don't fix your RT problem... because we have other problems". You have to start somewhere, brother. The 1st round sounds like the start. I'm simply looking at prospects that make the whole team better... piece by piece.

If I can trade back a few spots... and pick up an extra 1st round player...? Well, that's a no-brainer for me. And everything I've read about Joe Hortiz suggests it's a no-brainer for him, too. So instead of obsessing over 40-yard runs and vertical leaps... or "generational" labels... let's talk about scheme fits or coach's philosophies.

The trade-back scenario nets us an extra pick (at least) @#23. Just think of the possibilities @#23. Some people will categorize them as "bags of Doritos"... they are not. They are starting LB's, CB's, OG/OC's... use your imagination. All of the positions you aptly criticize will be there.

So, I start most draft conversations @#11... free of generational blah, blah, blah. I like RT Taliese Fuaga the most. He fits the coach's philosophy too. "Run the ball... protect the QB". My 2nd favorite prospect should please the masses... Brock Bowers. The physical traits are there. The need is there. Do I think he gets used in the Roman system the way he got used @Georgia...? No. Do I think that Roman/Herbie/Bowers translates to Reid/MaHommes/Kelce...? No. But I understand the talent. I understand how he fits the offensive scheme.

But understand... the #11 pick is only 1/9 of the draft. There is so much more! I'm excited to death about possibly getting 6 picks in the first 4 rounds. Have you taken a look at #1-110...? Seriously looked...? We haven't even talked about defense... BORING!!!! Eventually I'll find someone who gets as excited about late-1st round LB's, 2nd-round DT's, and 3rd-round CB's.... but for right now we're still stuck on how to beat the Chiefs with under 2 minutes left, and down by 4 points...
        Im right there with ya on DT and CB in round 2 & 3 and i love Cooper if we get 23.

I was hoping we can trade down from 23 and get a 2nd and 3rd ad get Cooper there but thinking that isnt possible now but you never know. Just because he has visits with teams doesnt mean they will draft him....but i believe the Ravens would so i guess if we want him, 23 is it.

My only disagreement is with 11. And its not a disagreement, its just my preference to get Bowers. But if we go RT id be ok with it and understand.

After that, im all for Cooper, thought he was a prefect fit while you were still on Kool Aid.....Jenkins/Fiske, like either one in round 2 and Sainristil in round 3 and have mocked all those guys except Fuaga. I am hoping we can get another 3rd but wont with Minnesota. If we get their 4th, maybe we can turn it into another 3rd.

Im sure others would argue a WR at 23 but we need to build the defense too. Many pieces needed there.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Oh pretty sure we all do. 👍
          I dont think we all do lol.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Oline-Tip of the Spear...
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

Xxxxxzactly...
            Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I dont think we all do lol.
              Are you a sock and a sock then a shoe and a shoe guy?

Or a sock and a shoe then a sock and a shoe guy?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Are you a sock and a sock then a shoe and a shoe guy?

Or a sock and a shoe then a sock and a shoe guy?
                B...had to think about it...so, what does that mean in reference to us all not understanding our new scheme?

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Comment

• Chargers8491
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2022
                    • Send PM

I know a WR that is on the verge of being a cap casualty and could be traded for. Am I in this esteem group?...lol
                    1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
                    2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
                    2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                    3a- #66 Puni OT
                    3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                    4a- #105 Rice WR
                    4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                    5- #140 Green CB
                    6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

not to mention that they signed two already and will probably want to take a good look at Henley before deciding what to do there...I'm sure Hortiz will continue the Raven AND Charger traditions of signing like 20 plus UDRFAs too...they might find someone that no one is expecting too, it's never as bad or as good as people think, drafts still yield talent or disappoint regardless of the expert opinions...
                      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Javia View Post
                        I don't doubt for a second that Harbaugh will trade down for more picks if he gets an offer. He seems like a more solid players, less stars kind of a coach. If he can get 2 lower 1st round picks for his #5 pick, he will do it. The question is: what happens if Minnesota trades with another team? If Harbaugh doesn't get any good offers for the #5 pick, I expect him to take a WR. NOT because he wants to, but because his hand is forced.
                        Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post
                        (1) If they stay at #5, it's a wideout.

(2) They won't draft any other position at #5

(3) Yes, I expect the Chargers will be involved in a trade down from #5. No certainties, though, because a suitable offer has to materialize.
                        You both seem to be saying that Harbaugh/Hortiz would prefer to trade down, if the opportunity presents it self, i.e. another team wants the #5 pick and if they are offering the right compensation. But if they remain at #5, they will definitely draft a WR.

I guess my thoughts are that they will only trade the #5 pick only if they get a really good offer, better than what the Ye Olde Draft Compensation Chart suggests. I don't think they want to pass up on drafting a generational talent at WR unless the compensation is very good. My feeling is when they traded Keenan Allen, it locked them into drafting either Nabers or MHJ, but I am not certain nor do I have a good track record of predicting drafts. That said, if they stay at #5, I don't think they will draft any player besides Nabers or MHJ. I don't think the will draft OL or any other position with that pick.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2023
                          • Send PM

I think one thing people aren’t talking about is offense. We all say trenches and run the ball.

Justin Herbert is way better than Lamar Jackson or Collin Kaepernick. I think he has elite arm talent. You can open it up and throw downfield.

I don’t think you need a vanilla offense. And I don’t think you need to dumb it down for him.

While I do like running the football. I don’t think this needs to be running where it’s clear our Quarterback can’t throw the ball.

I think there needs to be an emphasis for skill at 5 Harrison Jr. or Malik Nabers. Or Romeo Oudunzie.

Comment

Working...
                          X