• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

After looking harder, i dont think Cooper is going round 1. If he does it might be to Ravens but i think they might go OT as well. The dont have a hole at ILB now. They will move Trent Simpson in there to start. They signed Van Noy for 2 years but is he going to be their starter? Nope.....could draft a Edge rusher as well or a CB if Kool Aid is there.

The Patriots could take him but after they get a QB they need a WR. I think Cooper could be there at 37.
    I don't know. Really good at man-coverage against RB's and TE's. 8 sacks as a QB spy.
    Teams #22-26 bringing him in for visits. Could that mean late 2nd round...? Maybe.
    But why not take a guy tailor-made to use against the Chiefs with the #23 pick... a pick you get for free... by simply moving back 6 spaces... and also taking the guy you want anyways (Fuaga)...?

I agree, Ravens probably choose an OT. But the Patrick Queen comp is a good comp IMO.

Comment

• Chargers8491
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Matt Money Smith mentioned your second option actually and I think I prefer that to 11 and 27. Not that I would turn down 11 and 27 - but if you can come away with two seconds and two third with your two fourths - that is roster building right there
      I'll have to watch it. I mentioned the Cards/Chargers trade about a month back. Got some flak for it but the more I think about it the more it makes since.

Yea, I would rather have an extra 2nd and 3rd rnd pick vs #27. So many holes could be filled with solid players. I think I will play around with a mock later because I really believe this will be the likely scenario. Of course, they could always trade #27 for an extra 2nd and 3rd rnd pick but Ilike the idea of having the Cards because they are at the top of the rnds.
      1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
      2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
      2b- #37 Jenkins DT
      3a- #66 Puni OT
      3b- #69 Sainristill CB
      4a- #105 Rice WR
      4b- #110 Lloyd RB
      5- #140 Green CB
      6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Charge!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

We’ve discussed this to death here.
        Many of us are of the opinion it’s already a done, hand shake deal. And when MIN went and got 23 it was because they had already talked to AZ and LAC about where an acceptable 2nd 1st would need to fall for this all to work. MIN didn’t just go get that pick, then call them and say, “Hey!! Look what we did!!” They had already discussed what the parameters of a trade would require. And then MIN agreed and went and did it.
        Im sure they asked NE as well since there is still an outside chance of a trade there…

But AZ already having 27 and 3 3rd round picks makes just too much sense.
        I had it slightly different from Matt “Money” Smith.
        I had it at,
        MIN gets 4
        AZ get 5-23-37-69-108
        LAC gets 11-27-35-66-71

So we swap 2nds swap 3rds and get an extra 3rd.
        Then LAC take a 3rd and move from 11 to 8-9 and grab their offensive weapon in Odunze or Bowers.
        Then dangle 27 to teams. There’s going to be a bunch of teams who will want to jump back up.
        WASH, PHIL, CAR and BUF all have 2 2nd round picks…
        Trade 27 to WASH for 36 and 40. They get their QB and an OT in one draft. Or a WR..
        there are so many possible combinations of things that could happen..... TT is not in charge so we know anything is possible..... trading...moving down, moving back up....etc.... enough to keep us entertained and heads spinning!...lol

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

We’ve discussed this to death here.
          Many of us are of the opinion it’s already a done, hand shake deal. And when MIN went and got 23 it was because they had already talked to AZ and LAC about where an acceptable 2nd 1st would need to fall for this all to work. MIN didn’t just go get that pick, then call them and say, “Hey!! Look what we did!!” They had already discussed what the parameters of a trade would require. And then MIN agreed and went and did it.
          Im sure they asked NE as well since there is still an outside chance of a trade there…

But AZ already having 27 and 3 3rd round picks makes just too much sense.
          I had it slightly different from Matt “Money” Smith.
          I had it at,
          MIN gets 4
          AZ get 5-23-37-69-108
          LAC gets 11-27-35-66-71

So we swap 2nds swap 3rds and get an extra 3rd.
          Then LAC take a 3rd and move from 11 to 8-9 and grab their offensive weapon in Odunze or Bowers.
          Then dangle 27 to teams. There’s going to be a bunch of teams who will want to jump back up.
          WASH, PHIL, CAR and BUF all have 2 2nd round picks…
          Trade 27 to WASH for 36 and 40. They get their QB and an OT in one draft. Or a WR..
          Truly if you are passing up a top 5 pick - I like the idea of getting the second and third over pick 27
          granted you can always trade down from pick 27
          but this is the year to build up on rookies in rounds 2-4
          not too crazy where you keep trading back but I like the odds of getting more picks

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

I'll have to watch it. I mentioned the Cards/Chargers trade about a month back. Got some flak for it but the more I think about it the more it makes since.

Yea, I would rather have an extra 2nd and 3rd rnd pick vs #27. So many holes could be filled with solid players. I think I will play around with a mock later because I really believe this will be the likely scenario. Of course, they could always trade #27 for an extra 2nd and 3rd rnd pick but Ilike the idea of having the Cards because they are at the top of the rnds.
            Exactly - they are at the top of each round

And the thing is - the Chargers can also talk to other teams about moving back into that 5th pick. So if the Cardinals truly want MHJr -- the Chargers can say -- well, if you want to move back up -we can trade to you or to another team

So really - if the trade is made at 4 - it should be announced as a three team trade though the NFL will want to milk the drama so they will first have the MN pick
            wait 8 minutes
            announce the trade
            blah blah blah

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Oline-Tip of the Spear...
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Pipefitter Illinois State University
              • Send PM

Ok...just gonna post this for thought and reflection...

I have an avatar sig that says "Bowers NMW"...but I admit its dated...keeping it up out of pride, cuz I called my shot...though Boltjolt is the true disciple...

We pick up Hurst and Dissly, WR a big need with some gems at the top...super strong OT class, with many of them being actual RTs, and Harbaugh/Hortiz talking oline importance....

But today, for shits and giggles...I watched Bowers again....

Youtube, "Brock Bowers 2023 Film-All targets and Carries"...go to 5:00 and watch those 2 plays...I especially like the second one, where he gets smoked behind the line of scrimmage on a shuttle, and carries the LB for 6 or 7 yards, for a net 5 yds...

That is why some of us still think Bowers is a viable first round option...absolute, bona fide football player...

I admit...I dont think its in the cards...but if we do pick him, Im gonna be patching the drywall in my family room ceiling when I come outta the lazyboy with a 36" vertical, and put my bald head through it...just hope I dont hit a joist, lol...

If Im "predicting", I think Jim/Joe wanna build fast and furious, inside/out...but if they DO ALSO have an eye on the next 5 to 10 yrs? Good lord, but Bowers is gonna be special wherever he lines up on the field, on any play...

Just wanted to say it, one more time...
              Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

The Giants re-signed Jones for 4 years, $160m one year ago... then watched him play 5 games in 2023 and have decided to give up already...? As an encore, they will pass up Nabers, roll with below-average WR's, and draft Michael Penix...?

I guess... they are the Giants after all.
                He has neck issues as well as they screwed up giving him that contract. When will they be picking 6th next to get a QB?
                Maybe next year when the QB class isn't near as good?

Comment

• Chargers8491
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2022
                  • Send PM

The more I watch Legette WR the more I like him. He seems like a Harbaugh type of receiver. He has the body type that would be a good blocker. Guy is built like a shit brick house.
                  1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
                  2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
                  2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                  3a- #66 Puni OT
                  3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                  4a- #105 Rice WR
                  4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                  5- #140 Green CB
                  6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Now Boltnut,

If you can inform us of a complete scum bag with great skills, that is sure to drop to day 3, past the ever vigilant eyes of Andy Reid,
                    then day 3 is the way to go.

Otherwise, defenses will be putting 8 - 9 people in the box all game, daring us to throw.

Good look in Joe Alt finessing that with his reaching targets and looking for multiple blocks while occasionally getting rag dolled by a much stronger DT.
                    I'll let Andy find the scumbags (Hill & Rice).

On your massive search for Day 3 WR's you probably saw a lot of Day 1 and Day 2 busts along the way (Skyy Moore, MeCole Hardman, and Kadarius Toney included).

Maybe you saw that Hortiz said that he likes FA WR's, too. Maybe that includes the recently cut Marquise Valdes-Scandling? After fleecing the Great Andy Reid, maybe he'll sign for cheap.

Also, notice the Chargers visiting with Brendan Rice, Ainias Smith, and Anthony Gould... all Day 3 WR's.

If defenses want to put 8-9 in the box (hyperbole, I think)... then I would gladly take my chances with JP or QJ one-v-one, after play-action, and take a chunk... or see what a safety or LB thinks of Joe's former 1st round pick (Hurst).

But before we go down that road, you may want to check out the afore mentioned WR's...
                    Brendan Rice

Ainias Smith

Anthony Gould
                    NFL Wide Receiver Prospect Anthony Gould Highlights

Joe Alt is about as finesse as your posts.
                    I'd love to see Fuaga "finesse" the AFC West every week.
                    But, hey, maybe we should just wait for Plumpkins to develop... like Sam Tevi 2.0...

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Funny how only the top OT in the draft can upgrade Pip, but any old day three dude can upgrade the WR room. Pip must be sooooo goooood, why even upgrade?

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

He has neck issues as well as they screwed up giving him that contract. When will they be picking 6th next to get a QB?
                        Maybe next year when the QB class isn't near as good?
                        Penix has injury issues as well. Giants picked "Danny Dimes" with the #6 pick... I suppose they could do it again. They are the Giants.
                        But how do they pass on the Best WR Joe Hortiz has ever scouted...?

Comment

• Jrock1970
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Mar 2024
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I'll let Andy find the scumbags (Hill & Rice).

On your massive search for Day 3 WR's you probably saw a lot of Day 1 and Day 2 busts along the way (Skyy Moore, MeCole Hardman, and Kadarius Toney included).

Maybe you saw that Hortiz said that he likes FA WR's, too. Maybe that includes the recently cut Marquise Valdes-Scandling? After fleecing the Great Andy Reid, maybe he'll sign for cheap.

Also, notice the Chargers visiting with Brendan Rice, Ainias Smith, and Anthony Gould... all Day 3 WR's.

If defenses want to put 8-9 in the box (hyperbole, I think)... then I would gladly take my chances with JP or QJ one-v-one, after play-action, and take a chunk... or see what a safety or LB thinks of Joe's former 1st round pick (Hurst).

But before we go down that road, you may want to check out the afore mentioned WR's...
                          Brendan Rice

Ainias Smith

Anthony Gould
                          NFL Wide Receiver Prospect Anthony Gould Highlights

Joe Alt is about as finesse as your posts.
                          I'd love to see Fuaga "finesse" the AFC West every week.
                          But, hey, maybe we should just wait for Plumpkins to develop... like Sam Tevi 2.0...
                          I'd be happy with any of these 3 slot recievers...
                          X. Worthy
                          M.Washington
                          A.Smith
                          As long as that ankle is healthy I think Ainias could be special!

Comment

Working...
                          X