• Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperChargedRodney37 View Post

So it's a ZERO possibility?? Maye?? Like I said, I heard the same exact arguments from people in 2021.
    You really believe the Chargers would consider trading out of pick #5 and the Top-2 players on their board in order to give a divisional rival an apparent Franchise QB in Maye?

Okay sir. I won't argue with you.
    I'm just saying that if Maye or JJ is on the board we should find trade partners...If those two are on the Board that means receivers were taken before us? No, we get a lot in return from either the broncos or raiders so I don't have a problem if the trade is really attractive for us. Broncos more likely than Raiders because they do have a player we could use asap.
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• SuperChargedRodney37
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2024
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Agree and this is true. However if Minnesota is saying no to AZ about giving up their 2025 first at #4, they likely wont say yes to us either. But i might take their 4th and 2nd round 2025....if they accept it. They dont have a lot of options if they want a QB so really who knows if thy really said no to AZ on the 2025 first.

After MHJ id rather have Odunze over Nabers but thats me. Id be good with either one though.
      Agreed,

Therein lies the rub. I do believe Arizona requested this because they may need the extra Capital in 2025 just in case they need to reset the QB room. Ossenfort is no fool and I actually believe he trades out of #27 entirely to get an extra 2025 1st. He has #27 and #35 which are so close in terms of value for this draft.

I agree with the Vikings not giving in because they technically don't have to. Also, would hurt them big time if it's Maye, he's not anywhere near Day One starter yet and Minnesota has no 2025 2nd round pick. So that's why they're very hesitant if I had to guess. Maye starting in 2025 after you paid Jefferson and need to get Maye help with no 1st or 2nd round pick hurts. (Need to build that line)

I say Maye because a very good friend of mine who's in the know in New England says the McCarthy/Penix preference over Maye is real.

Right now, you have Williams/Daniels/Maye/McCarthy and now Penix taking visits to Washington and New England. I think people are really sleeping on Penix because of the medicals. Skill wise he's arguable the best QB in this draft. So now this draft is really starting to mirror the 2021 draft in terms of 5 maybe even 6 with Nix QB 's going in the Top half of the 1st.
      In that draft 2 of those Top 5 were available at #11 and it's quite possible that 2 will be available again.

I like Odunze as well but have heard from a few insiders now that have said It's MHJ/Nabers then .........Odunze after.

Comment

• charger1_sj
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I'm just saying that if Maye or JJ is on the board we should find trade partners...If those two are on the Board that means receivers were taken before us? No, we get a lot in return from either the broncos or raiders so I don't have a problem if the trade is really attractive for us. Broncos more likely than Raiders because they do have a player we could use asap.
        Don't think so. Only one of Maye or JJ will likely be there. Bears and Commanders are taking QBs. That leaves NE. If they don't take a
        QB they will be trading down to a team that will. That leaves 1 QB for spots #4 and #5. It also leaves the top 2 WRs there. Not to mention
        Bowers and Odunze.

If we stay put we either take a WR or one of the OTs. That's where BPA lies. If we trade down it likely will not be with the Broncos or Raiders.
        Neither one has enough draft capital for this year and if I'm the GM I'm not going for next year. We need all the draft capital we can get this year.
        Leave next for next year.

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Don't think so. Only one of Maye or JJ will likely be there. Bears and Commanders are taking QBs. That leaves NE. If they don't take a
          QB they will be trading down to a team that will. That leaves 1 QB for spots #4 and #5. It also leaves the top 2 WRs there. Not to mention
          Bowers and Odunze.

If we stay put we either take a WR or one of the OTs. That's where BPA lies. If we trade down it likely will not be with the Broncos or Raiders.
          Neither one has enough draft capital for this year and if I'm the GM I'm not going for next year. We need all the draft capital we can get this year.
          #12 + Sutain + next years first would do it for me...Bowers, Thomas, OT will be there at #12...
          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Agreed,

Therein lies the rub. I do believe Arizona requested this because they may need the extra Capital in 2025 just in case they need to reset the QB room. Ossenfort is no fool and I actually believe he trades out of #27 entirely to get an extra 2025 1st. He has #27 and #35 which are so close in terms of value for this draft.

I agree with the Vikings not giving in because they technically don't have to. Also, would hurt them big time if it's Maye, he's not anywhere near Day One starter yet and Minnesota has no 2025 2nd round pick. So that's why they're very hesitant if I had to guess. Maye starting in 2025 after you paid Jefferson and need to get Maye help with no 1st or 2nd round pick hurts. (Need to build that line)

I say Maye because a very good friend of mine who's in the know in New England says the McCarthy/Penix preference over Maye is real.

Right now, you have Williams/Daniels/Maye/McCarthy and now Penix taking visits to Washington and New England. I think people are really sleeping on Penix because of the medicals. Skill wise he's arguable the best QB in this draft. So now this draft is really starting to mirror the 2021 draft in terms of 5 maybe even 6 with Nix QB 's going in the Top half of the 1st.
            In that draft 2 of those Top 5 were available at #11 and it's quite possible that 2 will be available again.

I like Odunze as well but have heard from a few insiders now that have said It's MHJ/Nabers then .........Odunze after.
            Liar’s Month. 😎

Comment

• charger1_sj
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2022
              • Send PM

#12 + Sutain + next years first would do it for me...Bowers, Thomas, OT will be there at #12...
              Good luck with that one.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Agreed,

Wasn't the rumor that Minnesota was really high on Maye? Thought that was a early rumor but it's liars month.

And I won't rule out the Raiders sneaking in there. Telesco never says a thing or shows his hand and if anything , lies about what IS leaked. I can see them out of nowhere jumping in the for Daniels but then....i do believe he and Pierce aren't a good fit together.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Bowers may not but Thomas will. I think I'd have to have their 3rd or 4th rounder as well. Div & QB tax....f em

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

LSU wide receiver Malik Nabers is done with his legal trouble after New Orleans District Attorney Jason Williams declined to reinstate a gun charge against him.

I just realized that Nabers' gun charge was from last year and apparently would have been legal had it not been concealed.
                    IDK if this changes anything but at least he gave it up and charge was dropped.

Still think he's a considerable liability at 5 but how far does he drop?
                    Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Jack Burton
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2023
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Bowers and Odunze.

At this point you stop trying to trade down, take Bowers or Odunze.
                      Fuck the Raiders and unless the Chargers get 2 1’s, a 3 and Surtain, fuck the Donkos too.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Wasn't the rumor that Minnesota was really high on Maye? Thought that was a early rumor but it's liars month.

And I won't rule out the Raiders sneaking in there. Telesco never says a thing or shows his hand and if anything , lies about what IS leaked. I can see them out of nowhere jumping in the for Daniels but then....i do believe he and Pierce aren't a good fit together.
                        TT and Pierce are already starting a pre-draft rumble...Pierce wants to trade up for a QB, but TT wants to stick with O'Connell and Minshew:

Comment

• Jack Burton
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2023
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

TT and Pierce are already starting a pre-draft rumble...Pierce wants to trade up for a QB, but TT wants to stick with O'Connell and Minshew:

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/...o-pierce-draft
                          Now we just need someone to pull the pin on the grenade….
                          Where that pumpkin pie hair cutted freak!?!?!

Comment

Working...
                          X