• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltinloudguy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
    The key to [Ravens, MacDonald, Minter] defense is versatility on the back side.
    Diante Lee

We should be looking hard at mid round Combo DBs !!
    Agreed! I’d love to get the combo of Mike Sainristil and Cam Hart. Sainristil would instantly be in the slot and Hart would develop for the year to take over one of the outside spots next year.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post

There is that one guy S/CB not sure which one is that.
      I got 5 or 6 Euro.
      Pounce on them with your scout's eye.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• charger1_sj
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperChargedRodney37 View Post

Nope not enough. Chargers would ask for the 2025 1st as well. I always find it interesting when these trade scenarios are discussed and people say "You're getting 2 firsts". The reality from the team standpoint is your getting only 1 additional 1st. You are simply swapping the other pick. So, if the Chargers want 2 Firsts that means #23 and an additional 2025.

I keep trying to warn people to consider that the team might be much higher on Nabers than this board wants to believe. It's not just simply MHJ if he's there or trade out. It going to take ALOT to get them off of #5 because their guy is 99% going to be on the board at #5.
        Well if the story is true then:

@4 with the Cards it's reported the Vikings will not give up next year's 1st. So if they don't do it @4 why would they do it @5 with us?
        Either the Vikings give in or doesn't happen. If fact if it were to happen the Vikings may try it with NE. Better chance to get the guy
        they want. Of course NE may not budge. So we're in for some interesting times come April 25.

In my opinion a trade down with the Vikings would be #5 straight up for #11, 23. Going by the trade chart (which you can throw out)
        we would owe the Vikings about 300 points not the other way around. It may come down to how desperate are the Vikings for the
        #4 QB.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Nope not enough. Chargers would ask for the 2025 1st as well. I always find it interesting when these trade scenarios are discussed and people say "You're getting 2 firsts". The reality from the team standpoint is your getting only 1 additional 1st. You are simply swapping the other pick. So, if the Chargers want 2 Firsts that means #23 and an additional 2025.

I keep trying to warn people to consider that the team might be much higher on Nabers than this board wants to believe. It's not just simply MHJ if he's there or trade out. It going to take ALOT to get them off of #5 because their guy is 99% going to be on the board at #5.
          When you trade 3 1st round picks to move up in the draft, you are trading your current-year 1st rounder, which as a lower value, plus two future 1st round picks. I would not make that trade for the #5 pick, for McCarthy. The Vikes have two 1st round picks in this draft. A current year 1st round pick is more valuable than a future pick. And you know exactly where that pick is. If the Vikes offered #11, #23 and #108, I'd have a hard time saying no to that. All the compensation for the #5 pick would be in this year's draft, which IMO is a huge plus. That would give Hortiz/Harbaugh the ability to rebuild this roster in one season and be bonafide SB contenders right now.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

Popper mentioned S Josh Proctor. He can play SS-FS-NICKEL.

CB Max Melton projects as a true #1 CB who can play both man and zone. He has 4 blocked punts and is a ST monster as well.
            Agreed.
            And btw Popper's interns mimic our all star takes on a saily basis.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Eurobolt
              *** Jim Harbaugh ***
              • Sep 2018
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I got 5 or 6 Euro.
              Pounce on them with your scout's eye.
              Thats 6 or 7 dollars xD

I meant Cooper DeJean

Comment

• SuperChargedRodney37
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2024
                • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Well if the story is true then:

@4 with the Cards it's reported the Vikings will not give up next year's 1st. So if they don't do it @4 why would they do it @5 with us?
                Either the Vikings give in or doesn't happen. If fact if it were to happen the Vikings may try it with NE. Better chance to get the guy
                they want. Of course NE may not budge. So we're in for some interesting times come April 25.

In my opinion a trade down with the Vikings would be #5 straight up for #11, 23. Going by the trade chart (which you can throw out)
                we would owe the Vikings about 300 points not the other way around. It may come down to how desperate are the Vikings for the
                #4 QB.
                I think you're onto something as New England is said to really like Daniels/McCarthy over Maye and now they are hosting the best passer in this draft Penix today. In fact, Washington will host Penix tomorrow. So, New England would absolutely take a trade down with Minnesota if they feel McCarthy or Penix would be there, and they have both relatively close on their board.

As for the second part, This the question I've been asking all along. Are the Vikings that desperate for one. (Not sure but I don't think so).
                But the bigger question is, how much do the Chargers value these Top 2 WR's? The consensus among the fans on this board seem to think if it's MHJ you stay and pick and if it's Nabers you're trading out. However, what if the team has the same grade on both MHJ and Nabers? Is it possible? What happens then?
                The answers have been disclosed for those that really want to look for them and see it. As for others, I wouldn't argue with them over their binkies in this draft because they will find out soon enough.

Comment

• SuperChargedRodney37
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2024
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

When you trade 3 1st round picks to move up in the draft, you are trading your current-year 1st rounder, which as a lower value, plus two future 1st round picks. I would not make that trade for the #5 pick, for McCarthy. The Vikes have two 1st round picks in this draft. A current year 1st round pick is more valuable than a future pick. And you know exactly where that pick is. If the Vikes offered #11, #23 and #108, I'd have a hard time saying no to that. All the compensation for the #5 pick would be in this year's draft, which IMO is a huge plus. That would give Hortiz/Harbaugh the ability to rebuild this roster in one season and be bonafide SB contenders right now.
                  I understand your thoughts. But would challenge you with this. For them the 2025 1st may have more value because they might just have 20 players at best in this draft with a 1st round grade. (I think that's generous though). So the future 1st gives them a better opportunity to maneuver in the 2025 draft for a more Blue-Chip player should they see the value. Getting all the capital in this one draft is short sighted planning and assumes there are legitimate starting caliber players in that mid-round range. I would argue there is good developmental players you could coach up, and they could become possible starters down the road, but this draft is severely lacking on pure Blue-Chip Talent. (It's hard to find possibly 10)

I also will continue to say that I think people are severely underrating their thoughts on what they are getting at pick #5. As well as severely overrating the Vikings desperation for pick #5.
                  This draft is so eerily resembling the 2021 draft from the standpoint of people thinking all these QB's are getting picked in the Top-4. We just went through this with Fields and Jones.
                  McCarthy or Maye will slide very possibly right to #11 Or Penix.

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

I understand your thoughts. But would challenge you with this. For them the 2025 1st may have more value because they might just have 20 players at best in this draft with a 1st round grade. (I think that's generous though). So the future 1st gives them a better opportunity to maneuver in the 2025 draft for a more Blue-Chip player should they see the value. Getting all the capital in this one draft is short sighted planning and assumes there are legitimate starting caliber players in that mid-round range. I would argue there is good developmental players you could coach up, and they could become possible starters down the road, but this draft is severely lacking on pure Blue-Chip Talent. (It's hard to find possibly 10)

I also will continue to say that I think people are severely underrating their thoughts on what they are getting at pick #5. As well as severely overrating the Vikings desperation for pick #5.
                    This draft is so eerily resembling the 2021 draft from the standpoint of people thinking all these QB's are getting picked in the Top-4. We just went through this with Fields and Jones.
                    McCarthy or Maye will slide very possibly right to #11 Or Penix.
                    Maye is not sliding to #11. Crap, the giants would take him at #6 no problem. Maybe Penix at #11 if they don't care. Raiders and Broncos then become our best trade partners?
                    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• SuperChargedRodney37
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2024
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Maye is not sliding to #11. Crap, the giants would take him at #6 no problem. Maybe Penix at #11 if they don't care. Raiders and Broncos then become our best trade partners?
                      So it's a ZERO possibility?? Maye?? Like I said, I heard the same exact arguments from people in 2021.
                      You really believe the Chargers would consider trading out of pick #5 and the Top-2 players on their board in order to give a divisional rival an apparent Franchise QB in Maye?

Okay sir. I won't argue with you.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Agree and this is true. However if Minnesota is saying no to AZ about giving up their 2025 first at #4, they likely wont say yes to us either. But i might take their 4th and 2nd round 2025....if they accept it. They dont have a lot of options if they want a QB so really who knows if thy really said no to AZ on the 2025 first.

After MHJ id rather have Odunze over Nabers but thats me. Id be good with either one though.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Yes but they would be trading 5 for 11....and the compensation is 23 and whatever else is agred on so he is right. We are only getting one first rounder back because we are giving up ours and ours is more valuable than theirs. You are saying you would rather have their 4th this year than their first in 2025?

Id take the 2025 first and maybe trade 23 down a bit and get another third or 4th, however it works out. If you want the 5th option for a player then you have to stay withn round one with it.

Then in 2025 you will be glad we have their first round pick. But that would be kinda fleecing a desperate team as 11 and 23 are already in our favor. But, QB tax.

Comment

Working...
                          X