• Show
Clear All
  • Jack Burton
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2023
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

They only have one 4th .....three 3rds.
    In the hypothetical trade they would receive MIN 4th 108 but you are right. It would be 2 3rds

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

We also gotta keep in mind that Slater has a say in this. His agent might not appreciate the idea of him moving to RT. There’s a lot more to it than just guys moving from one position to another. There’s money. They are currently working on his extension. Everything has to be taken into consideration.
      And there are numerous really good RTs in this draft that are plug and play ready day 1.

The ideal situation is LAC getting the trade down and getting 11 and 27 cause it opens up much more options to resolve both a weapon on offense and an OT.
      100%
      I mentioned this exact dynamic months ago, where the hell you been all my life Jack?!?!
      We risk stepping on toes we don't want to step on.
      Slater has been a pros pro and we would be wise to reciprocate that level of commitment and professionalism.
      Sign him long term and let him know he is our franchise left tackle. Period.
      2024: Far From Over

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Yep. In watching and worshipping Alt,
        I saw holes so big
        Audric Estime could fit his fat, SLOW ass through them untouched.
        Fixed it.
        2024: Far From Over

Comment

• DerwinBosa
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post

Also, there is no guarantee either Slater or Alt (or their agents) would even agree to switch to RT. Drafting a second LT or a RT in the top 15 just seems redundant with so many other needs.
          Alt has said he will play right tackle if the team that drafts him puts him there.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2022
            • Send PM

I don't think it compares. There are only around 25 switch hitters in the whole MLB with less than 1 per team while OL play multiple missions all the time.
            There is no comparison between the two at all. LOL.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

There's always the chance if AZ gets the trade with Minnesota, they may stay where they are and have 3 firsts and pick 35 in round 2. That's insane and maybe they hope they get one of the three receivers and if not, they can get Thomas or Adonai Mitchell.
              If only Prater hadn't missed that kick.

Comment

• Jack Burton
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2023
                • Send PM

There's always the chance if AZ gets the trade with Minnesota, they may stay where they are and have 3 firsts and pick 35 in round 2. That's insane and maybe they hope they get one of the three receivers and if not, they can get Thomas or Adonai Mitchell.
                If only Prater hadn't missed that kick.
                Then what do you do if you are the Chargers GM?

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

The price you pay for a QB.
                  Now there’s a bunch of chatter that the Patriots GM likes JJ. If Maye falls, then it’s really all over cause that’s the guy MIN really wants. McCown was his QB mentor and coach in HS.
                  And after he blew up his Pro Day, there’s a bunch of chatter that Pennix is gonna go higher than 1st
                  Vegas want him bad…
                  Nobody can go higher than 1st...nah just fuggin' with ya...Penix can play, he reminds me of Tua but with a stronger arm...accurate, quick release, and great timing...I like Penix a lot, I wonder how high Penix would've gone in 2022?
                  "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Alt has said he will play right tackle if the team that drafts him puts him there.
                    Alt’s forte is his ability to move in space. I suspect he will have a better transition than some LTs who don’t move to the right as well. ND used to pull him on rush plays to the right side, its pretty impressive seeing him get over there that quick and turn up to find a block - so at least he’s seen the right side of the field from time to time.

I still wonder if he is elite vs just very good. If only a true expert would stop by and explain to me if he is and why. I get curiouser and curiouser the more I think about it.
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• AK47
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Slater. He literally missed the whole season in 2022 with just 3 games played. Guys, didn't he play hurt all of 2023?

Alt could provide that security blanket at LT while also starting a RT possibly. This is how we need to re-evaluate all "Swing Tackle" prospects.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Then what do you do if you are the Chargers GM?
                        hopefully he has been getting other calls.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Alt’s forte is his ability to move in space. I suspect he will have a better transition than some LTs who don’t move to the right as well. ND used to pull him on rush plays to the right side, its pretty impressive seeing him get over there that quick and turn up to find a block - so at least he’s seen the right side of the field from time to time.

I still wonder if he is elite vs just very good. If only a true expert would stop by and explain to me if he is and why. I get curiouser and curiouser the more I think about it.
                          I'm not a scout. I just love watching college football during the season, and I value that over the Combine and everything else that goes on from February through April. Although I have my rooting interests with teams, I become very intrigued by certain players as possible prospects for us. I also get turned off by prospects along the way. Sometimes I'm right. Many other times I'm wrong. I'm just a fan.

The way I view this draft is there's Marvin Harrison, Jr. way above everyone else. He's the only one I get the Hall of Fame feeling about. So, I don't want to say your question about if Joe Alt is elite is unreasonable, but my answer to that is, I couldn't tell you. From what I've seen, I like him...a lot. Not as much as I did Penei Sewell in the 2021 Draft, but Alt is among many I believe would be worthy of the fifth overall pick in this draft if Harrison isn't there. That's why, for me, trading out of the fifth overall spot is the move to make if Harrison isn't there. If we can't trade down, I don't believe anyone has a good argument for any prospect not named Marvin Harrison, Jr. being a must with the fifth overall pick. Not for Nabers. Not for Odunze. Not for Bowers. Not for Alt. Not for any of the three pass-rushers I really like.

The best thing about this draft for me is I finally have complete faith in the coaching staff and front office, so I will feel great about whatever they choose to do.

Comment

Working...
                          X