• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jack Burton
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2023
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

agree..... because MH2 and Bowers are the 2 best pass catchers in this draft in this draft and the ONY 2 cant miss players....both will be perinneial all pros and likely future HOFers.....
    I can’t argue with that…

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

And I get your concern. I get your excitement about landing MHJ with the #5 pick. But, it's not happening. Cards will take him @#4. If they out-smart themselves and somehow find a way to convince the Vikings to mortgage their 2025 1st round pick... I will gladly take MHJ @#5. That is a no-brainer. Good luck with your dream scenario.

But in the more likely scenario of MHJ being gone @#4... I don't put Malik Nabers ahead of Joe Alt (especially considering what they are trying to do with Greg Roman's offense). And I certainly don't believe Nabers is as valuable as the #11 and #25 pick together. Same goes for Brock Bowers (who will probably be available with the #11 pick anyways).

The Vikings trade-up to the #23 pick is fairly obvious. They are targeting the #5 pick. The Math works out. The Chargers team needs (along with the Giants team needs)... makes the Vikings trade-up to #23 even more obvious.

In that fairly obvious scenario (trade-back to #11 and #23) the BPA becomes either Fuaga or Bowers. I'd take Fuaga because he is the embodiment of a Greg Roman offense. The #23 pick, #37 pick, and #69 pick all become BPA picks (with an emphasis on defense). Yes, all six gys fuck up @times... it's football. But better players @DT, LB, and CB would fuck-up a lot less. I mean, we're talking about Tito Ogbonnia (off an injury), Daiyan Henly (zero NFL experience), and Ja'Sir Taylor (often burned player on the 30th best pass defense).

It doesn't get more obvious than that.

/\
      /\
      /\
      What he said.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

"Special" = run the rock down their throats, at will...
        And once you start doing that... it becomes exponentially easier to throw the ball off play-action.
        That's why Harbaugh said, "Can you imagine Justin Herbert with a running game behind him...?"
        Too many dudes are over-thinking this.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

Yeah, I think it’s safe to say he’s trying to drive up the price. It’s also why MIN suddenly loves Penix. …
          It sucks but this is the price you pay for a QB.
          Got my popcorn ready.
          Poker hands will get called.
          Shit's about to get real.

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Draft #1 for him. So we are about to find out if thats what he is. If he is there and we trade down....then we know. Ill believe it when i see it. I can see either happening.
            This is hardly Draft #1 for him. When you've been Director of College Scouting and Director of Player Personnel for as many years as Joe Hortiz... it's hardly your first rodeo. We don't need to "find out who" Joe Hortiz is... he's been telling us for several months now. He's saying the same things that the Ravens organization has trained him to do/say for years now. If/when he changes everything he's learned over the last 15 years... I'll believe it when I see it.

With Greg Roman @OC, and Hortiz @GM, they're going to run the ball down your throat and play defense.

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

And I get your concern. I get your excitement about landing MHJ with the #5 pick. But, it's not happening. Cards will take him @#4. If they out-smart themselves and somehow find a way to convince the Vikings to mortgage their 2025 1st round pick... I will gladly take MHJ @#5. That is a no-brainer. Good luck with your dream scenario.

But in the more likely scenario of MHJ being gone @#4... I don't put Malik Nabers ahead of Joe Alt (especially considering what they are trying to do with Greg Roman's offense). And I certainly don't believe Nabers is as valuable as the #11 and #25 pick together. Same goes for Brock Bowers (who will probably be available with the #11 pick anyways).

The Vikings trade-up to the #23 pick is fairly obvious. They are targeting the #5 pick. The Math works out. The Chargers team needs (along with the Giants team needs)... makes the Vikings trade-up to #23 even more obvious.

In that fairly obvious scenario (trade-back to #11 and #23) the BPA becomes either Fuaga or Bowers. I'd take Fuaga because he is the embodiment of a Greg Roman offense. The #23 pick, #37 pick, and #69 pick all become BPA picks (with an emphasis on defense). Yes, all six gys fuck up @times... it's football. But better players @DT, LB, and CB would fuck-up a lot less. I mean, we're talking about Tito Ogbonnia (off an injury), Daiyan Henly (zero NFL experience), and Ja'Sir Taylor (often burned player on the 30th best pass defense).

It doesn't get more obvious than that.

And I like Fuaga at 11 just fine, and say the best CB at 23, sure. Makes the team better, no doubt.

But good luck with 1:48 left in the game and needing a score to win it. Elite is elite for a reason.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

And I like Fuaga at 11 just fine, and say the best CB at 23, sure. Makes the team better, no doubt.

But good luck with 1:48 left in the game and needing a score to win it. Elite is elite for a reason.
                Gotta like Fuaga.
                Daggummit even at #5.
                And I really like Zach Frazier at #37,
                if we are unable to move around in the draft.
                This will leavr no doubt exactly what tone is being set.
                That leaves DB, WR as absolutely crucial needs.
                JMO.

Comment

• Charge!
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

Yeah, I think it’s safe to say he’s trying to drive up the price. It’s also why MIN suddenly loves Penix. …
                  It sucks but this is the price you pay for a QB.
                  most likely scenario is MINN trading with Chargers.....why is most media obsessed with moving to 4?.... lol

I agree with someone who posted(mayber you) that Chargers would trade with MIN for 11, 23, plus maybe more..... then trade up above jets to grab the playmaker Harbaugh wants most...and Chargers need most.... Bowers...... and still have a 2nd 1st round pick to grab a great RT since this is a deep OT draft..... to solidify our OL for years.... and draft is super deep at WR and CB.... so we can add those after first round....

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Even if the big 3 wideouts and Bowers are gone by #9 and Bears end up with Caleb and someone like Brian Thomas, that's still pretty good...QB is key, u r correct...
                    What's the likely landing spot for Bowers before 11? Jets? Giants? titans?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

This is hardly Draft #1 for him. When you've been Director of College Scouting and Director of Player Personnel for as many years as Joe Hortiz... it's hardly your first rodeo. We don't need to "find out who" Joe Hortiz is... he's been telling us for several months now. He's saying the same things that the Ravens organization has trained him to do/say for years now. If/when he changes everything he's learned over the last 15 years... I'll believe it when I see it.

With Greg Roman @OC, and Hortiz @GM, they're going to run the ball down your throat and play defense.
                      It's draft #1 for him as a GM where he makes the decisions.

He is his own guy and we will see how that is.

Comment

• Charge!
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

"Special" = run the rock down their throats, at will...
                        running the ball is about wearing out a defense and opening up the passing offense.....

yoiu can run thw ball on bad defenses..... but in playoffs you play against defenses that can shut down the run..... even if you play a shut down defense you have to run at least a certain percentage of the time to keeo them homest and keep defenders in the box allowing fast WR's to beat single coverage on play action.....

there has never been a pro team that could run so well(against good teams) that they can just run continuously and score TD's and score TD';s...without passing..... (lots of college teas have done that long ago like nebraska oklahoma...lol).... but NFL is not that way......

Comment

• Critty
                          Dominate the Day.
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

My mock is better than your mock

Screenshot_20240409-185639-768.png
                          Who has it better than us?

Comment

Working...
                          X