• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SuperChargedRodney37
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2024
    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

If it’s 3 QBs and MHj gone, EVERYONE has to deal with us. King’s ransom on its way!
    I believe that will be the exactly how it plays out. That king’s ransom will have to include 2025 capital as well.
    People continue to underestimate just how high the team is on Nabers & Odunze. It’s not just MHJ or bust for them. These 3 receivers are very far ahead of the 4th on any list and that’s starting to make it’s way around to the draft commentators who listen to the scouts.

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

And I like Fuaga at 11 just fine, and say the best CB at 23, sure. Makes the team better, no doubt.

But good luck with 1:48 left in the game and needing a score to win it. Elite is elite for a reason.
      Dude... if we're 1:48 left in the game and needing a score to win it... then we already fucked up in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd quarter (along with most of the 4th quarter). And I'm certainly not trying it with Trey Pipkins @RT!!! Do you hate Justin Herbert? What horrible thing did he do to you? The Chiefs traded elite away a couple years ago... they seem to be fine.

I'm not building a team with the last 1:48 as my template. Give me a team that can be ahead in the 4th quarter and salt the game away running the ball. Patty MaHommes should be sitting on the bench... watching my team run over his team. Period.

Comment

• SuperChargedRodney37
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2024
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Gotta like Fuaga.
        Daggummit even at #5.
        And I really like Zach Frazier at #37,
        if we are unable to move around in the draft.
        This will leavr no doubt exactly what tone is being set.
        That leaves DB, WR as absolutely crucial needs.
        JMO.
        Frazier is the Top Center in the draft among most scouts. I would be surprised if he makes it out of the 1st round now. I wouldn’t be surprised if JPJ is there in the 2nd now. Some red flags with his medicals are making the rounds since the combine.

if you want Center. I believe they will try to develop McFadden first over spending early capital on the position.

Comment

• Charge!
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

And I get your concern. I get your excitement about landing MHJ with the #5 pick. But, it's not happening. Cards will take him @#4. If they out-smart themselves and somehow find a way to convince the Vikings to mortgage their 2025 1st round pick... I will gladly take MHJ @#5. That is a no-brainer. Good luck with your dream scenario.

But in the more likely scenario of MHJ being gone @#4... I don't put Malik Nabers ahead of Joe Alt (especially considering what they are trying to do with Greg Roman's offense). And I certainly don't believe Nabers is as valuable as the #11 and #25 pick together. Same goes for Brock Bowers (who will probably be available with the #11 pick anyways).

The Vikings trade-up to the #23 pick is fairly obvious. They are targeting the #5 pick. The Math works out. The Chargers team needs (along with the Giants team needs)... makes the Vikings trade-up to #23 even more obvious.

In that fairly obvious scenario (trade-back to #11 and #23) the BPA becomes either Fuaga or Bowers. I'd take Fuaga because he is the embodiment of a Greg Roman offense. The #23 pick, #37 pick, and #69 pick all become BPA picks (with an emphasis on defense). Yes, all six gys fuck up @times... it's football. But better players @DT, LB, and CB would fuck-up a lot less. I mean, we're talking about Tito Ogbonnia (off an injury), Daiyan Henly (zero NFL experience), and Ja'Sir Taylor (often burned player on the 30th best pass defense).

It doesn't get more obvious than that.

agree.... except 11 becomes Bowers (who along with MHJ are the 2 cant miss picks with zero downside in this draft).... there are no Munoz OT's.... just many sold OT's..... and we can get a solid RT at pick 23...

some of you guys are too obsessed with running the ball or building a top defense....but last 2 years have proven that REID understands how to take advantage of todays rules and salary cap...winning 2 consecutive SB's..... withiout a great WR.... but they have great QB abd great TE who cannot be stopped by the best defenses in 2 years..... whenever it really counts.....

Great TE's are virtually unstoppable because they out run LB'ers.... and run over secondary.... but Bowers can out run most secondary as well as running them over.... lol... and you cannot legally hold them like youe could when Winslow SR played.... (and he is HOF'er against physical defenses that triple teamed him)....

Chargers fans have forgotten how great it is to have a greart TE...... wy too many years since Gates or Winslow.... 2 players that we all knew would find a wy to get open on 3rd down to keep drives going...... WR's are best if they are blazing fast to get wide open deep on a play action.... play action ONLY works if you have a real running game as a threat.....

Chargers have been missing a great every down every play TE for several years.... last years TE group was iffy at best .... no one could stay healthy, block or consistently catch passes....

Bowers would instantly be our best pass catcher and motivate our receivers to actually improve their play....,or get out!

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

running the ball is about wearing out a defense and opening up the passing offense.....

yoiu can run thw ball on bad defenses..... but in playoffs you play against defenses that can shut down the run..... even if you play a shut down defense you have to run at least a certain percentage of the time to keeo them homest and keep defenders in the box allowing fast WR's to beat single coverage on play action.....

there has never been a pro team that could run so well(against good teams) that they can just run continuously and score TD's and score TD';s...without passing..... (lots of college teas have done that long ago like nebraska oklahoma...lol).... but NFL is not that way......
            Exactly! I would much rather be 2nd and 6 or 3rd and 2 against a good defense... than 3rd-and-12.
            If that good defense has no idea what you are going to run against them... they are not as good. They are exponentially better when they know you have to pass. They are exponentially worse if you've been grinding them all game with a balanced offense. Tired defenses are no longer good. Defenses with their ears pinned back... are even better.

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

It's draft #1 for him as a GM where he makes the decisions.

He is his own guy and we will see how that is.
              Yeah, GM's don't make decisions all by themselves. They lean heavily on their scouts and Scout Directors.
              This isn't the first time he's made important decisions (call them recommendations if you like) in a draft.

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

What's the likely landing spot for Bowers before 11? Jets? Giants? titans?
                Giants = WR
                Titans = OT
                Jets = OT

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Gotta like Fuaga.
                  Daggummit even at #5.
                  And I really like Zach Frazier at #37,
                  if we are unable to move around in the draft.
                  This will leavr no doubt exactly what tone is being set.
                  That leaves DB, WR as absolutely crucial needs.
                  JMO.
                  That defense will remain bad without a LB and DT. Those are Minter specialties!

Comment

• Charge!
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Exactly! I would much rather be 2nd and 6 or 3rd and 2 against a good defense... than 3rd-and-12.
                    If that good defense has no idea what you are going to run against them... they are not as good. They are exponentially better when they know you have to pass. They are exponentially worse if you've been grinding them all game with a balanced offense. Tired defenses are no longer good. Defenses with their ears pinned back... are even better.
                    agree with that.... plus no one dimensional team ever wins championships... you have to run and pass well... as well as rush the QB.....

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

agree.... except 11 becomes Bowers (who along with MHJ are the 2 cant miss picks with zero downside in this draft).... there are no Munoz OT's.... just many sold OT's..... and we can get a solid RT at pick 23...

some of you guys are too obsessed with running the ball or building a top defense....but last 2 years have proven that REID understands how to take advantage of todays rules and salary cap...winning 2 consecutive SB's..... withiout a great WR.... but they have great QB abd great TE who cannot be stopped by the best defenses in 2 years..... whenever it really counts.....

Great TE's are virtually unstoppable because they out run LB'ers.... and run over secondary.... but Bowers can out run most secondary as well as running them over.... lol... and you cannot legally hold them like youe could when Winslow SR played.... (and he is HOF'er against physical defenses that triple teamed him)....

Chargers fans have forgotten how great it is to have a greart TE...... wy too many years since Gates or Winslow.... 2 players that we all knew would find a wy to get open on 3rd down to keep drives going...... WR's are best if they are blazing fast to get wide open deep on a play action.... play action ONLY works if you have a real running game as a threat.....

Chargers have been missing a great every down every play TE for several years.... last years TE group was iffy at best .... no one could stay healthy, block or consistently catch passes....

Bowers would instantly be our best pass catcher and motivate our receivers to actually improve their play....,or get out!

Chargers have had great QB/tight end combos: yes, we are familiar with what it means.

Zero Super bowls with that group.

You need a lot more than just a great QB and tight end.

Stop banging that one drum.

Comment

• SuperChargedRodney37
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2024
                        • Send PM

It seems you like Brock Bowers? 😀 I think he is a Blue Chip TE no doubt about it. However, the Chargers don’t see his fit like the Bowers fans do. Unfortunately, that ship has sailed.

They think Hayden Hurst can be a Top-6 pass catching TE. They don’t think there’s a TE in this draft that can block as an extension of the OLine like Dissly.
                        They only want “True TE’s” in the house who are “vicious”. Block first.

I’m not telling you to give up on your guy though.
                        Give Coach Bischoff a listen to. He pretty much spells it out
                        They think Hurst could be Elite and thus believe they don't see an immediate upgrade to him in this draft for the positional value Hurst gives them.

Comment

• SuperChargedRodney37
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2024
                          • Send PM

Giants = WR
                          Titans = OT
                          Jets = OT
                          If the Jets don’t take him at #10, I think he slides to the mid-teens.
                          i agree Bolt it’s OT for the Jets or trade back and recoup a 2nd.

He would look good in Indy as the next Dallas Clark.

Comment

Working...
                          X