• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Ive mentioned this before. Harbaugh is alledgely 6'3" and he is standing next to Bowers when he recruited him and Bowers looks a couple inches taller and wearing a hat. Then someone here who is a Nabahs guy tried to tell me Harbaugh has shrunk .

We'll see soon enough. IDK if he measures 6'3". Sam LaPorta is 6'3" and doing fine. There are many 6'3" TEs. Gerald Everett is 6'3"
    You dont need to be 6'6" like Gronk.... and that isnt the norm.
    SMH.
    Labels.
    Bowers is not a TE.
    He's a Big Slot.
    And Top 5 in the '24 Draft.
    Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
      Chargers Hall of Fame
      • Sep 2019
      • Send PM

If only TT had drafted almost ANYONE who came after pick 21 instead of QJ last year, we'd have a much easier time with this year's draft.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

That was a joke Boltjolt.
        It's the I am in the draft Nabers fan club, so I'll go over board in criticising the other options and over hype my personal fav flourish.
        You’re making it hard for me to believe in anything …
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

The Kid makes sense

Blah Blah Bowers is great … i already know. Im back on the Bowers Bus where I always belonged … lets ride!

what flicked my lightbulb on - go look at tape of Burton. I was running mocks and he was popping up out in my hundreds pick - so I pullled a lil tape and for a Day 3 option, he looked pretty good. Dude is fast for the “tear the top off” crowd but he’s not fragile/tiny, he creates good separation, and he’s got good hands, I’ll let critics dissect his route tree as I’ve not watched enough tape on him. I think he could be a sleeper out there.

AFTER we go Brock in Rd 5 - this guy might be on the board later in the draft and is worth a consideration.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Ive mentioned this before. Harbaugh is alledgely 6'3" and he is standing next to Bowers when he recruited him and Bowers looks a couple inches taller and JH is wearing a hat. Then someone here who is a Nabahs guy tried to tell me Harbaugh has shrunk .

We'll see soon enough. IDK if he measures 6'3". Sam LaPorta is 6'3" and doing fine. There are many 6'3" TEs. Gerald Everett is 6'3"
            You dont need to be 6'6" like Gronk.... and that isnt the norm.
            We do shrink as we age, I was 6’3” after HS, i’m 6’2” now. but I’m not concerned about some sneaky side angle photo of Bowers near Gronk, thats ridiculous. Just to watch his tape against other football players. He doesn’t look or play small or weak. He’s not a stork, thats ok - he’s faster than storks and will just create more separation so storkiness is not needed to complete a pass.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

George Kittle's 2017 Combine measurements were:

6-foot-3.6 inches tall
              247 lbs
              4.52 40 yd dash

He was an AP1 and Pro Bowler this last season at age 30.

He's not as big as some TE's, but he can dominate.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Icebolt View Post

If BB is 6'4' then how tall is Gronk, 6'8" ?
                Brock Bowers doesn't look to be a solid 6-4, 240 pounds, which is what he's listed at on most sites. I've seen a few others in which he was listed at 230 pounds. It was funny to see members of the Brock Bowers Fan Club scrambling to find pictures of great players who don't have imposing physiques, which included Patrick Mahomes. As if Mahomes has ever been asked to chip Myles Garrett or T.J. Watt, or block Patrick Queen one-on-one. Lol.

Whatever he is, if we draft Bowers, Ben Herbert is going to have his work cut out for him there.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                  Beef Before Gazelles
                  • May 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post
                  If only TT had drafted almost ANYONE who came after pick 21 instead of QJ last year, we'd have a much easier time with this year's draft.
                  I'm voting Brian Branch. lol

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

So they're sticking with Jones going forward? I'm going to be very surprised if they don't do something at QB, maybe it'll happen in FA, IDK but Jones is not the guy, I think they've figured that much out already...
                    I think they know Jones is not the guy. But they also probably know they won't be able to trade into the top three to get Caleb Williams or Drake Maye. Do they like Jayden Daniels enough to trade up with us for him? I doubt it.

From what I've read, they have an out with Jones' contract following the 2024 season. It was a bad contract for them to offer him, but I think they'll move on after next season.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

I think they know Jones is not the guy. But they also probably know they won't be able to trade into the top three to get Caleb Williams or Drake Maye. Do they like Jayden Daniels enough to trade up with us for him? I doubt it.

From what I've read, they have an out with Jones' contract following the 2024 season. It was a bad contract for them to offer him, but I think they'll move on after next season.
                      this is one of the better QB classes in the last ten years and that's saying something, I don't know how they pass one up with their pick, they don't need to trade up to get JJ McCarthy or Penix, I do think they go QB tho and why wouldn't they like Jayden? what makes you believe that? Daboll has a history of working well with dual threat QBs...
                      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

this is one of the better QB classes in the last ten years and that's saying something, I don't know how they pass one up with their pick, they don't need to trade up to get JJ McCarthy or Penix, I do think they go QB tho and why wouldn't they like Jayden? what makes you believe that? Daboll has a history of working well with dual threat QBs...
                        There are some who don't think Penix will get drafted in the first three rounds because of his injury history. College football writer Bruce Feldman thinks it's possible Penix won't get drafted at all.

My unprofessional opinion is Daniels is not the most accurate passer and doesn't have great arm strength. He's also quite frail, so there are concerns about how he'll hold up in the NFL. I don't see the Giants wanting to spend that high of a pick on Daniels after messing up by taking Daniel Jones sixth overall in 2019. Most Giants fans I talk to want Nabers or Odunze if they stay at sixth, but they're much like us in wanting to trade back and get a right tackle to replace Evan Neal, who has been a disappointment.

Comment

• Chargers8491
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Brock Bowers doesn't look to be a solid 6-4, 240 pounds, which is what he's listed at on most sites. I've seen a few others in which he was listed at 230 pounds. It was funny to see members of the Brock Bowers Fan Club scrambling to find pictures of great players who don't have imposing physiques, which included Patrick Mahomes. As if Mahomes has ever been asked to chip Myles Garrett or T.J. Watt, or block Patrick Queen one-on-one. Lol.

Whatever he is, if we draft Bowers, Ben Herbert is going to have his work cut out for him there.
                          Look at his thighs and arms. He has a lot of power in his legs which is why he is able to run fast and break tackles. He has good upper body strength which is why he doesn't fumble. Those 2 things are more valuable to me than his overall body weight.
                          1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
                          2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
                          2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                          3a- #66 Puni OT
                          3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                          4a- #105 Rice WR
                          4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                          5- #140 Green CB
                          6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

Working...
                          X