• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Geezbolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Sun Valley, ID
    • Send PM

Well said Bolt-O. THE PLAN is what it's all about and I would assume that plan for this draft is to do whatever can be done to be competitive for a playoff berth as quickly as possible, while still building for the future. It sounds simple, but we all know it has a lot of moving parts.

I'm in agreement with you that if Harrison is there at #5, you stay put and take him. There's no such thing as a sure thing in a draft, but in this one, I think MHJ comes the closest. Like you though, I'm okay with a trade-down, especially since this draft is said to be heavy in WR talent.

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
      In two weeks, this board will be on fire in a good way... The first round will be over, and we'll probably have a good understanding on what the priorities of the the rest of the draft will be. I'm going with the BPA idea, I think its Harrison, but I'm not falling into the despair mode if he isn't available or even passed on with a trade out. I'm just hoping that those that have put in so much work on who they think is the pick is just as likely to be wrong as the next guy, lol. The only ones that matter in this draft is Hortiz and Harbaugh, and that they are not just guessing, and are executing on THE PLAN.
      You've all been patiently waiting for my annual cartman GIF
      Here you go...

download (1).jpg
      Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

In two weeks, this board will be on fire in a good way... The first round will be over, and we'll probably have a good understanding on what the priorities of the the rest of the draft will be. I'm going with the BPA idea, I think its Harrison, but I'm not falling into the despair mode if he isn't available or even passed on with a trade out. I'm just hoping that those that have put in so much work on who they think is the pick is just as likely to be wrong as the next guy, lol. The only ones that matter in this draft is Hortiz and Harbaugh, and that they are not just guessing, and are executing on THE PLAN.
        It's good to do your own research and investigation, and not just blindly follow what others say. I don't think you could go wrong with any of Marvin Harrison Jr, Malik Nabers, or Rome Odunze. If I had to say my preference, I like Nabers because his speed is what this team needs and has been lacking in most recent seasons. Now if it's not Nabers, I won't be down if it's one of the other two.

Too many people take this way too seriously. We can argue and debate all day and night. I won't spend too much time doing that because I have other and better things to do.

Comment

• Chargerville
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2013
          • Send PM

I agree that we need a receiver, and I’m fully aware of the fact that we at least tried to address the tight end position in free agency, but man Brock Bower looks like a championship caliber player & a Harbaugh type player in my opinion.
          Last edited by Chargerville; 04-13-2024, 12:59 AM.

Comment

• ThatSinkingFeeling
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2022
            • Send PM

If they want a WR then stay put. If their mind is on anyone else, trade down.

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ThatSinkingFeeling View Post
              If they want a WR then stay put. If their mind is on anyone else, trade down.
              Now that makes too much sense, bravo. 👏

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Ryan Mathews went off the board before Iupati.... who went one slot in front of (Maurkice) Pouncey.... Bulaga off the board @23.... Gronk @42.

Trent Williams & Okung 4 & 6.... Anthony Davis @11.... Eric Berry/Joe Haden 5/7.... Earl Thomas @14, McCourty @27.
                5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                  Ryan Mathews went off the board before Iupati.... who went one slot in front of (Maurkice) Pouncey.... Bulaga off the board @23.... Gronk @42.

Trent Williams & Okung 4 & 6.... Anthony Davis @11.... Eric Berry/Joe Haden 5/7.... Earl Thomas @14, McCourty @27.
                  Ugh. Don't forget Brandon Graham. I was so pissed about that.

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

here's another one I am not familiar with....

Grinding the Mocks (shinyapps.io)

05) Marvin, Malik, Joe, Rome, Dallas, Brock
                    11) Fashanu, Fuaga, Terrion Arnold, Quinyon, Verse, Latham, Latu, Fautanu
                    23) Byron Murphy, Bryan Thomas, Graham Barton, Cooper DeJean, Kool Aid, JPJ, Jer'Zhan, Chop
                    37) Suamataia, McConkey, Rakestraw, Kamari Lassiter, Braden Fiske, Edgerrin, Tyler Nubin, Keon Coleman, Leggette, Payton Wilson, Kris Jenkins, Troy Franklin, Ricky Pearsall, Patrick Paul
                    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by BigBad View Post
                      I refuse to fall in love with a prospect and trust Hortiz and Harbaugh to do what is best.
                      I agree 100%.

but if they don't pick Bowers or Verse with the 5th pick I'm done with Hortiz and Harbaugh...idiots!
                      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                        Charger Fan since 1978
                        • Sep 2021
                        • Send PM

In two weeks, this board will be on fire in a good way... The first round will be over, and we'll probably have a good understanding on what the priorities of the the rest of the draft will be. I'm going with the BPA idea, I think it's Harrison, but I'm not falling into the despair mode if he isn't available or even passed on with a trade out. I'm just hoping that those that have put in so much work on who they think is the pick is just as likely to be wrong as the next guy, lol. The only ones that matter in this draft is Hortiz and Harbaugh, and that they are not just guessing, and are executing on THE PLAN.
                        The reason I'm not as invested in this year's draft is completely different than the reason I wasn't as invested in last year's draft...In 2022 I did a bunch of research and watched bunch tape on a large # of players, in 2023 I was soooo pissed about Staley being back that I mosty went MIA in the offseason although I was targeting the pass rushers where we were picking @21 based on what I thought other teams were going to do, Myles Murphy was my guy last year...this year, again I didn't do as much as I did in 2022 but this time because I'm really confident that Harbaugh is going to win, so the draft has lost some of it's luster this year, it just feels like another phase of the offseason and I think it's because I'm anticipating the actual season so much this year that it's taken some of the focus away from the draft...
                        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                          Beef Before Gazelles
                          • May 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                          here's another one I am not familiar with....

Grinding the Mocks (shinyapps.io)

05) Marvin, Malik, Joe, Rome, Dallas, Brock
                          11) Fashanu, Fuaga, Terrion Arnold, Quinyon, Verse, Latham, Latu, Fautanu
                          23) Byron Murphy, Bryan Thomas, Graham Barton, Cooper DeJean, Kool Aid, JPJ, Jer'Zhan, Chop
                          37) Suamataia, McConkey, Rakestraw, Kamari Lassiter, Braden Fiske, Edgerrin, Tyler Nubin, Keon Coleman, Leggette, Payton Wilson, Kris Jenkins, Troy Franklin, Ricky Pearsall, Patrick Paul
                          I find this really helpful, thank you. It helps illustrate the potential impact of additional draft picks acquired in a trade down, because it provides NAMES that are reasonable to associate with those drafting locations.

Comment

Working...
                          X