• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chargers8491
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

The giants would be a much better trade partner. Swap picks and move our third rounder to second rounder or get their third rounder outright and move down only one spot.
    Giants have 2 2nd rnd picks. I would take one of their 2nds and a 2025 draft pick 3rd or 4th. Maybe it's a bit much but if you want a QB you are going to have to pay.
    1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
    2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
    2b- #37 Jenkins DT
    3a- #66 Puni OT
    3b- #69 Sainristill CB
    4a- #105 Rice WR
    4b- #110 Lloyd RB
    5- #140 Green CB
    6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

Giants have 2 2nd rnd picks. I would take one of their 2nds and a 2025 draft pick 3rd or 4th. Maybe it's a bit much but if you want a QB you are going to have to pay.
      Getting a second rounder for free is a good trade. You run the risk of walking away with nothing! This is not like moving up to the #1 spot.
      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Just my opinion but I think McCarthy will be the one a team moves up for if he is not taken in the top 3.
        If he is on the board and Daniels, we getting calls. Not trading with Denver for JJ. Jets will have Rodgers back but shouldn't they draft a QB to sit a year? ATL, Minnesota.
        That's as far as I want to go w/ Bowers in mind,.... if he isn't in mind id go to 14 , maybe 16 to the Seahawks. McDonald may be very interested in JJ.

Comment

• Chargers8491
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

If he is on the board and Daniels, we getting calls. Not trading with Denver for JJ. Jets will have Rodgers back but shouldn't they draft a QB to sit a year? ATL, Minnesota.
          That's as far as I want to go w/ Bowers in mind,.... if he isn't in mind id go to 14 , maybe 16 to the Seahawks. McDonald may be very interested in JJ.
          If both QBs are on the board, there is a very good chance the Chargers could trade down twice. I think the Giants will try and trade up one spot to get the QB they want. That would leave one QB left with a potential of another trade down.
          2b- #37 Jenkins DT
          3a- #66 Puni OT
          3b- #69 Sainristill CB
          4a- #105 Rice WR
          4b- #110 Lloyd RB
          5- #140 Green CB
          6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
            Charger Fan since 1978
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

The giants would be a much better trade partner. Swap picks and move our third rounder to second rounder or get their third rounder outright and move down only one spot.
            hopefully the 5th round pick will become a commodity for team looking for a QB...
            "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
              Charger Fan since 1978
              • Sep 2021
              • Send PM

If both QBs are on the board, there is a very good chance the Chargers could trade down twice. I think the Giants will try and trade up one spot to get the QB they want. That would leave one QB left with a potential of another trade down.
              that would be ideal...
              "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• eaterfan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2020
                • Send PM

I just don't see how both QBs will be on the board. If NE doesn't want a QB they will trade down or take MHJ. If MHJ isn't on the board AZ would have to see the board very differently than consensus to not value a trade back to 6 or 8. It's possible they value one of Nabers or Odunze way higher than the other and only want a WR. But I just find it way more likely that they'd like extra picks and would be happy with either or Bowers or maybe an OL later.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                  Beef Before Gazelles
                  • May 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

hopefully the 5th round pick will become a commodity for team looking for a QB...
                  You mean... the 5th overall pick?

Comment

• Chargers8491
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post

I just don't see how both QBs will be on the board. If NE doesn't want a QB they will trade down or take MHJ. If MHJ isn't on the board AZ would have to see the board very differently than consensus to not value a trade back to 6 or 8. It's possible they value one of Nabers or Odunze way higher than the other and only want a WR. But I just find it way more likely that they'd like extra picks and would be happy with either or Bowers or maybe an OL later.
                    There are 6 QBs that could go in the 1st rnd. Problem is we don't know how teams have these guys graded. I think the consensus is Williams and Maye are 1 and 2 but after that is where it could get interesting. There really is no telling where Daniels, Penix Jr, Nix, or Mccarthy is going to fall. Some will move up in the draft and some will move down and maybe even out of the 1st rnd. So even if 3 QBs are taken before #5 that still leaves 4 QBs that teams could trade up for if they want to ensure they get their QB. Again we have no idea how teams have these guys graded.
                    2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                    3a- #66 Puni OT
                    3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                    4a- #105 Rice WR
                    4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                    5- #140 Green CB
                    6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

I like either of those plans. Giving up a 3rd to get a 2nd for one spot is a pretty good deal. Can use the second to get another pick in R3 or R4
                      Or just getting the 3rd round

The Chargers need Daniels or a QB to be on the board at 5 - that would bring a lot of opportunities. I would prefer to not drop below the Vikings as that is pick 11 but if the Raiders truly overpay to move from 13 to 5 (that means 2 firsts and 2 seconds or more!) - I am open to listening. For 2 1's and 2 2's from the Raiders - I probably drop from 5 to 13 - nothing less

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                        Beef Before Gazelles
                        • May 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
                        For 2 1's and 2 2's from the Raiders - I probably drop from 5 to 13 - nothing less
                        What a nuts-on-the-chopping-block move that would be in Telesco's first draft as Raiders GM!

I don't see that happening, but would not be opposed to that scenario unfolding.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

What a nuts-on-the-chopping-block move that would be in Telesco's first draft as Raiders GM!

I don't see that happening, but would not be opposed to that scenario unfolding.
                          Well it is Tom Telesco - and who knows how much Antonio Pierce wants his old college QB.. it would be a combo decision
                          If Anthony Lynn can talk Telesco into "Ken Murray" - he can do the same for Daniels

Comment

Working...
                          X