• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

What is especially curious to me is that he hasn't identified sure-fire HOFers in the last 30 years... but now has identified 2 in his last 2 years. Maybe he's trying to keep up with Podcast Guy or Boltbeat Article Kid.

Top-10 lists are great for mix-tapes or restaurants. But even those are open for scrutiny.
    I like Top-50 lists for football players, too. But it's really just a place to start watching game films.

Top-5 Rock Songs of All-Time:
    1. Stairway to Heaven
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Bohemian Rhapsody
    4. Hotel California
    5. Voodoo Child

Dream on, BN.

no, seriously - toss out that silly VC @5 nonsense and put Dream On in the list.

Otherwise, setting aside the eternal debate of the exercise, not a bad stab.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

What is especially curious to me is that he hasn't identified sure-fire HOFers in the last 30 years... but now has identified 2 in his last 2 years. Maybe he's trying to keep up with Podcast Guy or Boltbeat Article Kid.

Top-10 lists are great for mix-tapes or restaurants. But even those are open for scrutiny.
      I like Top-50 lists for football players, too. But it's really just a place to start watching game films.

1. Stairway to Heaven
      2. Gimme Shelter
      3. Bohemian Rhapsody
      4. Hotel California
      5. Voodoo Child

I think the cover by Heart of your first song on the list - the live version at the Kennedy Center honors is arguably the best cover of all time and I think that version is better than the original. I like the Eagles in your top 5 as their Greatest hits - great album. Probably would pick One of These Nights or, dang, slipping my mind, its sung by Timothy B Schmidt

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

don't be ridiculous Ghost. That isn't even ABB's best song.

Voodoo child didn't belong. Again, sentimentality overcomes our dear friends - that isn't Jimmi's best song and there is no Jimmi song that belongs in the Top 5 of all time.
        I could never make a top 5 song list. Tooooo many good songs out there. The question seems to be, whats your favorite song?

I cant answer that. Need to be more specific lol.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

don't be ridiculous Ghost. That isn't even ABB's best song.

Voodoo child didn't belong. Again, sentimentality overcomes our dear friends - that isn't Jimmi's best song and there is no Jimmi song that belongs in the Top 5 of all time.
          I'd love to read your list, as a professional rock musician (right?)
          sincerely.
          P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
          P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
          P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
          P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

1. Stairway to Heaven
            2. Gimme Shelter
            3. Bohemian Rhapsody
            4. Hotel California
            5. Voodoo Child

Sabotuer!

Top 5 rock list can be argued endlessly.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I think the cover by Heart of your first song on the list - the live version at the Kennedy Center honors is arguably the best cover of all time and I think that version is better than the original. I like the Eagles in your top 5 as their Greatest hits - great album. Probably would pick One of These Nights or, dang, slipping my mind, its sung by Timothy B Schmidt

Schmidt sang I Cant Tell You Why and Love Will Keep Us Alive.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Waiting for Bolt O to tell us to get back on topic........

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Full disclosure, I'm on "Bowers at 5, screw your trade back-Team"
                  But here's a thought.
                  I've maintained, Bowers is the obvious and best fit for Roman's offense. A natural fit, helps the pass and run, erc etc.

Maybe that's why Hortiz should consider Nabers.

Roman and Harbs WILL build an OL and run game. That's just a fact, they will. Indisputable imo.
                  maybe this year, maybe next, but that's happening

Where they've both fell short at creating a dynamic deep thread/passing attack. A modern necessity.
                  Tua has Hill and Waddle
                  Burrow has Chase, Higgins
                  Jackson has Flowers
                  Mahomes is the unicorn who has the elite TE but can make it work with whomever at WR and likely gets another big WR this draft.

If I'm Hortiz, I consider giving Jim and Roman the piece they can't manufacture in Nabers.
                  The most explosive WR Herbert has ever had is T-Billy..pretty sad.
                  Give Herbert his 1 elite, modern weapon and ask Jim to work around that "missing resource"..

P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                  P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                  P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                  P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• eaterfan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2020
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                    But here's a thought.
                    I've maintained, Bowers is the obvious and best fit for Roman's offense. A natural fit, helps the pass and run, erc etc.

Roman and Harbs WILL build an OL and run game. That's just a fact, they will. Indisputable imo.

Where they've both fell short at creating a dynamic deep thread/passing attack. A modern necessity.
                    Tua has Hill and Waddle
                    Jackson has Flowers
                    Mahomes is the unicorn who has the elite TE but can make it work with whomever at WR and likely gets another big WR this draft.

If I'm Hortiz, I consider giving Jim and Roman the piece they can't manufacture in Nabers.
                    Give Herbert his 1 elite, modern weapon and ask Jim to work around that "missing resource"..
                    Mahomes didn't make it work this year like in past years, without an elite WR, either. the defense was awesome. The offense was pretty good. This team wasn't the same as the Chiefs of the past. I wouldn't model my offensive philosophy around what they did.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Schmidt sang I Cant Tell You Why and Love Will Keep Us Alive.
                      Oh right

One of these Nights

Good question - favorite song - too many genres for one

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                        Waiting for Bolt O to tell us to get back on topic........
                        Heh... its off season, and the discussion is resetting itself... oh, and replace Gimme Shelter with Satisfaction.

Comment

• Charge!
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                          But here's a thought.

Tua has Hill and Waddle
                          Jackson has Flowers

Great QB's can work with a variety of WR's...... Great TE's are far rarer and help with both the running game and poassing game.....

last season, the last 4 teams in playoffs had the top 4 TE's in NFL...... Mahomes and reid beat the 2 best defenses in NFL rartther easily whenever they really needed to score... beating chiefs means outscoring them........period

The Chargers best 2 offenses had HOF TE's.....Winslow and Gates ...those players opened up the game for eveyone else...... they are marchup nightmares.....

Chiefs are still unstoppable because of Kelsey......and proved it by winning 2 SB's withoout Hill..... WR's can be covered or roughed up but great TE';s beat up a secondary.....

Comment

Working...
                          X