• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Icebolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Mar 2023
    • Send PM

#4 and maybe even #3 pick are potential trades ups for teams that want a QB. I love How you guys just stated that certain team cannot trade up. You must be noobies because on draft day ANYTHING can happen. LV, Denver are just 2 of the desperate teams. Also the Giants are a serious contender to move up since it would not cost them as much ( move up 2 sports ) and they have a couples of #2's. Just because you want the Chargers to be the team to trade for doesn't mean it's the only option. Your not being open minded about what may happen.
    Maybe Vikings don't want to move up keep what they have. Texans were the one's that approached them for the trade.
    If Vikes really want a top 4QB they may have to move to #4 or #3.

Comment

• Jrock1970
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Mar 2024
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I much prefer a trade down.
      Weigh all the factors.
      That is without even knowing the proposed trades on the table.
      I do as well....to many 2nd, 3rd, 4th round contributors to possibly have no chance to add.....really heavy top-half this year.

Comment

• Jrock1970
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Mar 2024
        • Send PM

Quality over quantity is optimum. However, if you can get deeper quality AND quantity by "potentially sacrificing" (remember they are just prospects no matter how good they seem) a little quality from top selection to improve odds on nailing more pics you have to seriously consider it.....we are multiple quality players away at this point. IMO

Comment

• SuperChargedRodney37
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2024
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Jrock1970 View Post
          I think the whole "leverage" argument is moot anyway until the clock strikes bolts on. It's fun to guess though. I'm hoping we can drop down 1 slot and pick up at least a 3rd and still get WR1.
          This is actually a trade more should be talking about. You could theoretically trade back one spot with the Giants, still get one of the Elite Blue Chip WR's and swap Giants pick #70 for Chargers pick #105 (Perfect match to the trade chart) and now you have the start to attacking the meat of this draft which is rounds 2-4. Alot of good value in that range. You could get a future starting tackle in this draft as late as the 4th round this year.
          Then focus on trading back from #37 to Atlanta for #79 and you now have a lot of maneuverability.

That Giants trade may make sense, if for example the Giants like Nabors more and the Chargers like Odunze more. Win, win for both teams. Chargers have a few teams to leverage against the Giants in that case.

Comment

• eaterfan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2020
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post

My point is Minnesota actually has quite a bit of power here and can sorta call everyones bluff. Minnesota really isn't competing with anyone but themselves cuz the 'fade and Denver don't have multiple first round picks this year to give, multiple teams are on record wanting to trade down, and none of the teams above Minn are taking a QB.

Put yourself in the Minnesota GM shoes. Who's gonna take a QB?

Arizona? No
            Chargers? No
            Giants? doubtful
            Titans? No
            Falcons? doubtful
            Bears? (already got one with pick #1)
            Jets? No
            Vikings
            Denver
            'Fade
            Saints

So the only thing Minn has to worry about is what those teams like Denver & Oakland are offering & it's highly doubtful those teams are gonna want to destroy several years of draft picks to move up that high given the state of their rosters. You're talking probably 3 years of 1st round picks for a team like the 'fade to move up that high. Telesco sure as hell isn't gonna do that & given what Denver is still dealing with from that disastrous Russell Wilson trade it's highly doubtful they are either. The Saints & Dennis Allen need to win this year so it's doubtful they do. Who else is there? So Minnesota can just hold tight and move up in that 7 to 10 pick range no use going all the way to 4 or 5. And that's IF they actually like McCarthy that much. For all we know they might actually love Penix or Bo Nix.
            I think the Hortiz and Harbaugh have enough job security that they will still be around for the 2025 draft. I'd rather have Denver's 2025 first than the 23 pick this year. Hortiz and Harbaugh might see it that way, too. If they are trading down they know this isn't a quick fix. This is a build up and they should play for the better assets and not the quick fix with picks this year. They should go with a higher quality pick next year.

Comment

• Jrock1970
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2024
              • Send PM

44% of all drafted players make it to their 2nd contract. That doesn't account for level of impact. So best case scenario with 8 pics is about 5 keepers. So, if we trade back and increase that number to 11-12 we could possibly end up with 7 keepers😁

Comment

• SuperChargedRodney37
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2024
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Icebolt View Post
                #4 and maybe even #3 pick are potential trades ups for teams that want a QB. I love How you guys just stated that certain team cannot trade up. You must be noobies because on draft day ANYTHING can happen. LV, Denver are just 2 of the desperate teams. Also the Giants are a serious contender to move up since it would not cost them as much ( move up 2 sports ) and they have a couples of #2's. Just because you want the Chargers to be the team to trade for doesn't mean it's the only option. Your not being open minded about what may happen.
                Maybe Vikings don't want to move up keep what they have. Texans were the one's that approached them for the trade.
                If Vikes really want a top 4QB they may have to move to #4 or #3.
                Good point,
                The rumors swirling in New England right now is they may really like McCarthy over Maye and may trade back to get in better position to get him. Could be a smoke screen but from what Coach Mayo and Wolfe have said about the traits they are looking for in a QB, McCarthy fits those traits better than Maye does.
                I will say that if one of the Top 4 trade back, it will most assuredly happen before the draft, probably the week leading up to it. Once that 15-minute clock starts it becomes a game of chicken and harder to pull off the complexed deals.

Comment

• SuperChargedRodney37
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2024
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post

I think the Hortiz and Harbaugh have enough job security that they will still be around for the 2025 draft. I'd rather have Denver's 2025 first than the 23 pick this year. Hortiz and Harbaugh might see it that way, too. If they are trading down they know this isn't a quick fix. This is a build up and they should play for the better assets and not the quick fix with picks this year. They should go with a higher quality pick next year.
                  The only thing I think you would need to consider is this scenario, is you are helping your Divisional Rival get arguably the most important Position a team needs to build around, a potential Franchise QB all while hurting yourself as a franchise by punting on an Elite Blue Chip Player that you really desire and need on this team. I just don't see (job security or not) Hortiz/Harbaugh doing this when that Elite receiver will immediately pull a safety out of the box and not allow Surtain or McDuffie to single handedly shut down one half of the field covering a #2/3/4 receiver that won't get separation against them.

Comment

• eaterfan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2020
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperChargedRodney37 View Post

The only thing I think you would need to consider is this scenario, is you are helping your Divisional Rival get arguably the most important Position a team needs to build around, a potential Franchise QB all while hurting yourself as a franchise by punting on an Elite Blue Chip Player that you really desire and need on this team. I just don't see (job security or not) Hortiz/Harbaugh doing this when that Elite receiver will immediately pull a safety out of the box and not allow Surtain or McDuffie to single handedly shut down one half of the field covering a #2/3/4 receiver that won't get separation against them.
                    On the contrary, you are gutting a division rival of the assets needed to support a rookie QB and saddling them with this project that will ultimately fail and set them back half a decade. You are also getting a potential blue chip player next year with a top 10 pick.

Comment

• Jrock1970
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2024
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperChargedRodney37 View Post

The only way I can see helping either of them to help ourselves is if they willfully seriously handicap their ability to stock their rosters by drastically overpaying to move up😎

Comment

• Jrock1970
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Mar 2024
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post

On the contrary, you are gutting a division rival of the assets needed to support a rookie QB and saddling them with this project that will ultimately fail and set them back half a decade. You are also getting a potential blue chip player next year with a top 10 pick.
                        Like George Romero style gutting🤣

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Just want say that I think its a mistake to assume the Falcons are out as trade partners for a QB just because they have a 35 year old Kirk cousins.
                          I say it's realistic that they trade with us ahead of the Giants.
                          Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

Working...
                          X