• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Maniaque 6
    French Speaking Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Québec city
    • Send PM

B. Murphy is listed 23th, 25th and 27th by Brooks, Reuter and Jeremiah's mocks respectivly.
    L Zierlein see him at 13th before Bowers !

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Not sure how reliable this source is but if the Vikings want JJ, they’ll need to trade up otherwise the Giants might take him.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
        Not sure how reliable this source is but if the Vikings want JJ, they’ll need to trade up otherwise the Giants might take him.

Let the panic begin...
        (Cha-CHING!)

Comment

• SAY OW 55
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2023
          • Send PM

A franchise that picked Ladanian Tomlinson.

this is where I see Marvin Harrison Jr. in todays NFL how important the Wide receiver is. You have to draft Marvin Harrison Jr. and I don’t care what anyone says. 6-4”” can run like that. Route running. This isn’t up for debate. Let’s talk workout. Did anybody watch CJ Stroud and Ohio State carve up a Georgia NFL pro defense with Jalen Carter who destroyed TCU did you see Marvin Harrison? He was the best player on the field. So imagine Marvin Harrison with Justin Herbert. Fuck outa here. This guy is getting 100 balls. This is L.A. you’re competing with Ohtani Lebron George The Rams Spanos will be going with the guy who will sale tickets.

aside from that Burrow Chase Herbert Harrison Jr. sign me up for that.

watch some football. All yall talk about the trenches.you know what opens up a run game? And makes a team committed to the run? A wide receiver who commands attention where you can’t stack 10 in the box.

The Cardinals will draft him at 4. But if he’s there at 5 best believe Marvin Harrison Jr. will be a Charger.

Comment

• Chargers8491
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
            A franchise that picked Ladanian Tomlinson.

this is where I see Marvin Harrison Jr. in todays NFL how important the Wide receiver is. You have to draft Marvin Harrison Jr. and I don’t care what anyone says. 6-4”” can run like that. Route running. This isn’t up for debate. Let’s talk workout. Did anybody watch CJ Stroud and Ohio State carve up a Georgia NFL pro defense with Jalen Carter who destroyed TCU did you see Marvin Harrison? He was the best player on the field. So imagine Marvin Harrison with Justin Herbert. Fuck outa here. This guy is getting 100 balls. This is L.A. you’re competing with Ohtani Lebron George The Rams Spanos will be going with the guy who will sale tickets.

aside from that Burrow Chase Herbert Harrison Jr. sign me up for that.

watch some football. All yall talk about the trenches.you know what opens up a run game? And makes a team committed to the run? A wide receiver who commands attention where you can’t stack 10 in the box.

The Cardinals will draft him at 4. But if he’s there at 5 best believe Marvin Harrison Jr. will be a Charger.
            I still think if they have to make a pic @ #5 because they couldn't make a trade they will take Bowers. He will cause more mismatches than any WR in this draft. Plus, this is Harbaugh we are talking about, when has he every had a flashy WR on any team he has been the coach of? His offense is centered around TE's. They are not going be running a WR spread offense. But this all moot because I believe they are going to trade out of the #5 if not for a team needing a QB then it will be for a team needing a WR.
            1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
            2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
            2b- #37 Jenkins DT
            3a- #66 Puni OT
            3b- #69 Sainristill CB
            4a- #105 Rice WR
            4b- #110 Lloyd RB
            5- #140 Green CB
            6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

I still think if they have to make a pic @ #5 because they couldn't make a trade they will take Bowers. He will cause more mismatches than any WR in this draft. Plus, this is Harbaugh we are talking about, when has he every had a flashy WR on any team he has been the coach of? His offense is centered around TE's. They are not going be running a WR spread offense. But this all moot because I believe they are going to trade out of the #5 if not for a team needing a QB then it will be for a team needing a WR.
              One more reason to trade down from #5...$$$...the difference between a rook contract @#5 and #11: Last year's #5, signed for a total value of $31 mil. Last year's #11 signed for about 1/3 less at $19 mil...when you're trying to stay under the cap, every penny counts. If we can get 2-3 quality players for a lot less $$$, it makes sense to trade down. BTW, QJ got $19 mil.

image.png
              2023 NFL Draft Tracker - Round by round results with associated rookie contract and salaries for each player

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

I don’t think Murphy II gets past the Rams at 19.
                What shoes to fill….
                The also need JPJ at C.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

One more reason to trade down from #5...$$$...the difference between a rook contract @#5 and #11: Last year's #5, signed for a total value of $31 mil. Last year's #11 signed for about 1/3 less at $19 mil...when you're trying to stay under the cap, every penny counts. If we can get 2-3 quality players for a lot less $$$, it makes sense to trade down. BTW, QJ got $19 mil.

image.png
                  https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/draft/2023/
                  You didn't quite go down far enough. How much is 11 and 23 together?
                  ​​​​​

Comment

• Chargers8491
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

image.png
                    https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/draft/2023/
                    For the record I want the Chargers to trade down and pick up draft picks. Was more or less stating that if they stay at #5, they will pick Bowers over one of the WRs, IMHO.

Funny as you posted this, I was looking at possible teams to trade down with and it doesn't look good if we don't trade down with the Vikings:

6) Giants- Don't have a 2nd rnd pick. (Looking for a 2nd rnd pick if I'm trading down)
                    7) Tennessee- Doesn't need to trade up
                    8) Atlanta- Do they trade up for WR? Doubt they trade up for QB w/ Cousins signing. (They have 2nd and 3rd pick)
                    9) Chicago- Doubt they would trade up after Allen trade
                    10) Jets- They could trade up. (They don't have a 2nd rnd pick. DJ is stoned if he thinks they make the trade for just a 2nd next year. Maybe 1st rnd 2025 and 3rd rnd 2024).
                    11) Vikings- Duh
                    12) Denver- They have nothing. They are draft pick hell.
                    13) Raiders- They have a 2nd and 3rd rnd picks but it will cost them out the ass to move up to #5.

I wouldn't want to go down any further but not sure how far Hortiz would be willing to go.
                    1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
                    2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
                    2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                    3a- #66 Puni OT
                    3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                    4a- #105 Rice WR
                    4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                    5- #140 Green CB
                    6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

All this talk about trading down is stupid. Kind of reminds me of someone with a $100 bill and can't buy anything because the Fast food stores and convenience stores take only $20s. Wait until the banks open in the morning or get burned for 50 cents on the dollar.
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

MIN only deals with Az because they fear someone else needing a QB will
                        What would any other team have that Minnesota couldn't match (pick-wise).
                        Dudes be going to a gun fight with a knife.

Comment

• Jack Burton
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2023
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
                          All this talk about trading down is stupid. Kind of reminds me of someone with a $100 bill and can't buy anything because the Fast food stores and convenience stores take only $20s. Wait until the banks open in the morning or get burned for 50 cents on the dollar.
                          Buckle up….

Comment

Working...
                          X