• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

What are you getting for #23, just to frame the picture into focus?
    The Cardinals have the most total draft capital in this draft.

#35, 66, 71, 90, 104 ,138 are in play here.

I chose 66, 71 90, giving us 6 of the top 100 and 8 of the top 110.

I never go by trade charts strictly, as each draft has its own qualities.

There is always the weighing of quality vs quantity, but in my perspective, we should be looking for quantity here.

What do you think dmac, we all have favorites in these slots ?
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

The PFF Simulator is frustrating, I am sure everyone has found.
      They are the best at allowing a fan GM to make trades.
      But they are clueless about the idea of MIN trading up to #5 for McCarthy.
      Why the hell do you think, PFF, the Vikes acquired two round one picks ?
      And take your grades and shove them PFF.

The other simulators can be pretty good in info, but are always ridiculously unrealistic in trading. Always carpet bomb. Have a big variety of resources, is my suggestion.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

I know you are not asking me but I hope you don't mind if I answer as well. @ #23 I'm trying to trade down to pick up another 2nd or 3rd rounder. If they trade out of the 1st rnd then definitely a 1st next year. There are a lot of good players in those rnds that could really help this team.
        AZ Picks, unless I missed one?:

#35 - 550 pts (2)
        #66 - 260 pts (3)
        #71 - 235 pts (3)
        #90 - 140 pts (3)
        #104- 86 pts (4)
        #138- 37 pts (5)
        #162- 27 pts (5)

Reference: #23 pick = 760 pts

Is #35, #71, & #90 too much? (35 + 71 is fair value according to "The Chart"). I'd do that.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

I know you are not asking me but I hope you don't mind if I answer as well. @ #23 I'm trying to trade down to pick up another 2nd or 3rd rounder. If they trade out of the 1st rnd then definitely a 1st next year. There are a lot of good players in those rnds that could really help this team.
          Cool.

I believe AZ would be enticed by the idea of having 3 #1's in this draft., all things considered.

They see what the Texans did with CJ & Will and would like maybe a MHJ/VLatu similar splash move.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

The Cardinals have the most total draft capital in this draft.

#35, 66, 71, 90, 104 ,138 are in play here.

I chose 66, 71 90, giving us 6 of the top 100 and 8 of the top 110.

I never go by trade charts strictly, as each draft has its own qualities.

There is always the weighing of quality vs quantity, but in my perspective, we should be looking for quantity here.

What do you think dmac, we all have favorites in these slots ?
            I pulled the "chart" values - above post. your picks come up short on value, but as you note that is not a hard science or law.

I want their #35 as part of the package, there will be a blue chipper still available there, plus one of the Rd3 picks and one Rd4? I'm mulling if I'd rather just have 35 and 66 if Joe can't fleece an extra 4th

Comment

• Chargers8491
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2022
              • Send PM

Fiske looks better at penetration to the pocket, both are solid. Fiske has moved way up most rankings after the combine. They are both in the second tier of DTs and both would be better than our current group. if we traded down, this is a position I'd consider for Tier 1 beef - it makes a huge difference across the entire DL and LB group between a guy that can hold the point and make some plays and a guy that blows shit up inside-out.

Johnny Newton, Murphy are my first round cluster between 11 and 23, Orhorhoro, Taylor, Fiske are 23-37 cluster.

I rate Cooper > Colston but both are instant starters (i'd think/hope). Cooper may go in latter Rd1 and I don't see us taking LB in R1. If he was there at 37, he'd be a great nab. A couple others to keep an eye on are Wilson (NCSt), Gray (NC), Watson (MissSt).

Lots of areas to improve the roster, though - I have no idea where they will go.
              Yeah, I like Newton also. Wouldn't be upset with that pick either.

I have no idea where they will go. I'm going to play around with a mock when we closer to the draft.

The one area I'm having trouble with is the o-line. We should have a better idea after Aug 2nd. My initial thought is it's not going to be as big of a concern as most fans make it out to be especially with Pip. If the staff thinks they are ok with the current o-line then OT won't be as big as a priority as most think it will. They will still draft oline but it won't necessarily be in the lower rnds, IMHO. If that's the case that would allow them to attack other areas in the lower rnds.

1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
              2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
              2b- #37 Jenkins DT
              3a- #66 Puni OT
              3b- #69 Sainristill CB
              4a- #105 Rice WR
              4b- #110 Lloyd RB
              5- #140 Green CB
              6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Yeah, I like Newton also. Wouldn't be upset with that pick either.

I have no idea where they will go. I'm going to play around with a mock when we closer to the draft.

The one area I'm having trouble with is the o-line. We should have a better idea after Aug 2nd. My initial thought is it's not going to be as big of a concern as most fans make it out to be especially with Pip. If the staff thinks they are ok with the current o-line then OT won't be as big as a priority as most think it will. They will still draft oline but it won't necessarily be in the lower rnds, IMHO. If that's the case that would allow them to attack other areas in the lower rnds.
                They'll show cards on draft weekend - Any OL taken by Rd2 is likely taken with an intention to play them in 2024 - or i'd think - idunno

Comment

• Chargers8491
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2022
                  • Send PM

They'll show cards on draft weekend - Any OL taken by Rd2 is likely taken with an intention to play them in 2024 - or i'd think - idunno
                  That's my dilemma right now as far as mocking. Do the Chargers fill they need to upgrade the oline so the use draft picks in rnd 1-4 to find one or are they content with the oline and use picks 5-7 to find depth.
                  2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                  3a- #66 Puni OT
                  3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                  4a- #105 Rice WR
                  4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                  5- #140 Green CB
                  6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Chargers8491
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2022
                    • Send PM

AZ Picks, unless I missed one?:

#35 - 550 pts (2)
                    #66 - 260 pts (3)
                    #71 - 235 pts (3)
                    #90 - 140 pts (3)
                    #104- 86 pts (4)
                    #138- 37 pts (5)
                    #162- 27 pts (5)

Reference: #23 pick = 760 pts

Is #35, #71, & #90 too much? (35 + 71 is fair value according to "The Chart"). I'd do that.
                    Yeah, I would do #35 and #71 in a heartbeat.

I'm guessing here but if the Chargers and Vikings do a draft day trade Vikings next year's #1 will be part of the trade. So, with a trade back @ #23 I'm looking for 2nd and 3rd rnd picks this year vs another 1st rnd pick next year.
                    2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                    3a- #66 Puni OT
                    3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                    4a- #105 Rice WR
                    4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                    5- #140 Green CB
                    6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                      The PFF Simulator is frustrating, I am sure everyone has found.
                      They are the best at allowing a fan GM to make trades.
                      But they are clueless about the idea of MIN trading up to #5 for McCarthy.
                      Why the hell do you think, PFF, the Vikes acquired two round one picks ?
                      And take your grades and shove them PFF.

The other simulators can be pretty good in info, but are always ridiculously unrealistic in trading. Always carpet bomb. Have a big variety of resources, is my suggestion.
                      They are all frustrating lol. I dont pay for PFF to use it and ive seen numerous mocks on Twitter using it and it just seems...like all of them...off. Seen whacky trades i dont think are realistic , seen grades on players and the overall draft i think are off. All the Sims arent accounting for why the Vikes got an extra first rounder.

Like ive always said, the Simualtors are fun but they arent accurate and have zero meaning to how things will go. And they all have different player rankings. The simualtor for DraftBuzz also lets you trade players in their draft but that one is difficult to navigate and sometimes it just plain fucks up and doesnt work right.

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

That's my dilemma right now as far as mocking. Do the Chargers fill they need to upgrade the oline so the use draft picks in rnd 1-4 to find one or are they content with the oline and use picks 5-7 to find depth.
                        Caveat is the right picks 5-7 can challenge to start.

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

The Chargers appear to be in the business of drafting a receiver. – Jeff Miller, LA Times

there is also the rumor/speculation that Roman Wilson is falling down draft boards.... to 69 ??
                          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

Working...
                          X