• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northerner
    Charger fan since '79
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

But...but...Murray was drafted #1 OVERALL in 2019...right?
    (And don't forget David Carr, #1 OVERALL in 2002)...
    David Carr? how about Jamarcus Russell? there's your bag of doritos. maybe half a bag.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I'm the one who started the "Clary Sackwatch Thread" on CMB, but I never got a Cabo invite...at least not for that one...I do agree Pip is better than Clary, but Pip still has a lot of issues vs. some edge rushers...plus, Pip isn't all that strong a run blocker...so I still consider Pip to be at capable backup level, but not starter...having said that, I think OG and C depth are bigger PON's at the moment...
      It's deflating as hell to see your team "settle" for a subpar starter with no plan to replace him, whether it's due to him being a coach favorite, a friend of your best player, or a GM untouchable because of draft capital or $ invested...I realize that as fans sometimes we can be inpatient and want to get rid of guys before they've had a chance to develop, one guy that I learned that lesson with was Jamal Williams, I wanted him gone early on before he became a beast...
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

TEs, im not in on Barner or Corum even if its a JH factor. I dont believe it is for those guys. For Jenkins and Sainristil i do. Believe it or not,.... ive heard him mention those two often when talking about his Michigan guys...and of course JJ but we arent drafting a QB. We'll see. Id love Jenkins or Fiske though.

NT i think Poona Ford is going to be playing there. He played there in Seattle. Not sure they figure him to start but i figure thats where they project him.
        I like Jenkins, he’s not as explosive as Fiske but very solid and a DL upgrade. I love Sainristil - Sain is going to be better than projected imo. he flips hips so smoothly and without any loss of motion, he’s sticky - he will be a great slot nickel defender imo, maybe has CB2 potential not sure. Plays tougher than his size. He gave UW receivers fits in the natty, they are pretty good. Corum I think will be a good back, I think he’s got a lot of miles on him but RBs are a 4-5 yr rental nowadays anyway. He’s sneaky short and fast enough, can catch the ball. Good player - not a WOW but solid upgrade to Kelley and Spiller.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Chargers8491
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

TEs, im not in on Barner or Corum even if its a JH factor. I dont believe it is for those guys. For Jenkins and Sainristil i do. Believe it or not,.... ive heard him mention those two often when talking about his Michigan guys...and of course JJ but we arent drafting a QB. We'll see. Id love Jenkins or Fiske though.

NT i think Poona Ford is going to be playing there. He played there in Seattle. Not sure they figure him to start but i figure thats where they project him.
          I like Jenkins and Colston combo because they are good players and they already know Minter's D but Coop and Fiske are so good also. If they can get 2 of the 4 (1 DT 1LB) I'm good.
          1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
          2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
          2b- #37 Jenkins DT
          3a- #66 Puni OT
          3b- #69 Sainristill CB
          4a- #105 Rice WR
          4b- #110 Lloyd RB
          5- #140 Green CB
          6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Chargers8491
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I like Jenkins, he’s not as explosive as Fiske but very solid and a DL upgrade. I love Sainristil - Sain is going to be better than projected imo. he flips hips so smoothly and without any loss of motion, he’s sticky - he will be a great slot nickel defender imo, maybe has CB2 potential not sure. Plays tougher than his size. He gave UW receivers fits in the natty, they are pretty good. Corum I think will be a good back, I think he’s got a lot of miles on him but RBs are a 4-5 yr rental nowadays anyway. He’s sneaky short and fast enough, can catch the ball. Good player - not a WOW but solid upgrade to Kelley and Spiller.
            I like Sainristil as well. Green is my favorite but would be perfectly happy with him. If they could both that would be outstanding. Chargers need to find a way to snag another 2nd and 3rd rnd pic...lol
            2b- #37 Jenkins DT
            3a- #66 Puni OT
            3b- #69 Sainristill CB
            4a- #105 Rice WR
            4b- #110 Lloyd RB
            5- #140 Green CB
            6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Sainrisil was known as the "heart" of that defense according to someone from Michigan. FWIW.
              He knows what Minter wants to do.
              and ya, there's upside too, maybe he can grow to play boundary CB to some degree.
              P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
              P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
              P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
              P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

It's deflating as hell to see your team "settle" for a subpar starter with no plan to replace him, whether it's due to him being a coach favorite, a friend of your best player, or a GM untouchable because of draft capital or $ invested...I realize that as fans sometimes we can be inpatient and want to get rid of guys before they've had a chance to develop, one guy that I learned that lesson with was Jamal Williams, I wanted him gone early on before he became a beast...
                This sounds a lot like the Orlando Franklin epic fail...MM: "It's out of my hands!"

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

I like Jenkins and Colston combo because they are good players and they already know Minter's D but Coop and Fiske are so good also. If they can get 2 of the 4 (1 DT 1LB) I'm good.
                  Fiske looks better at penetration to the pocket, both are solid. Fiske has moved way up most rankings after the combine. They are both in the second tier of DTs and both would be better than our current group. if we traded down, this is a position I'd consider for Tier 1 beef - it makes a huge difference across the entire DL and LB group between a guy that can hold the point and make some plays and a guy that blows shit up inside-out.

Johnny Newton, Murphy are my first round cluster between 11 and 23, Orhorhoro, Taylor, Fiske are 23-37 cluster.

I rate Cooper > Colston but both are instant starters (i'd think/hope). Cooper may go in latter Rd1 and I don't see us taking LB in R1. If he was there at 37, he'd be a great nab. A couple others to keep an eye on are Wilson (NCSt), Gray (NC), Watson (MissSt).

Lots of areas to improve the roster, though - I have no idea where they will go.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

I like Sainristil as well. Green is my favorite but would be perfectly happy with him. If they could both that would be outstanding. Chargers need to find a way to snag another 2nd and 3rd rnd pic...lol
                    Green looks superior as a CB1 potential, agree.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

I like the idea of the popular trade with the Vikes, namely, #5 for #11 & #23, sweetened with a '25 rd 3.

THEN I see AZ as a strong possibility as a trade parnter. Give them #23 to go with their #27 right there. In exchange for AZ ending up with 3 first rounders (has to be tempting), we would get in return numerous high mid rounders.
                      AZ has a bunch of extra picks in hand.
                      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I like the idea of the popular trade with the Vikes, namely, #5 for #11 & #23, sweetened with a '25 rd 3.

THEN I see AZ as a strong possibility as a trade parnter. Give them #23 to go with their #27 right there. In exchange for AZ ending up with 3 first rounders (has to be tempting), we would get in return numerous high mid rounders.
                        AZ has a bunch of extra picks in hand.
                        What are you getting for #23, just to frame the picture into focus?

Comment

• Chargers8491
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

What are you getting for #23, just to frame the picture into focus?
                          I know you are not asking me but I hope you don't mind if I answer as well. @ #23 I'm trying to trade down to pick up another 2nd or 3rd rounder. If they trade out of the 1st rnd then definitely a 1st next year. There are a lot of good players in those rnds that could really help this team.
                          2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                          3a- #66 Puni OT
                          3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                          4a- #105 Rice WR
                          4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                          5- #140 Green CB
                          6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

Working...
                          X