• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Well, if PR could make scrubs like Inman and Tutu look pretty good, why can't Kyler?
    Because Kyler isn't close to being Rivers equal.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I literally got a warning on CMB to drop the Clary thing, people were sick and tired of hearing me complain about it, but fuck was that frustrating as hell to watch year in year out, for the record I think Trey is a bit better, maybe not much but I think he is better than Jeromey which honestly doesn't say a whole lot...
      Clary was the original whipping boy on Charger fan forums.
      My impression is that everyone wanted him gone.'

It was McNeil / Dielman / Hardwick / Vasquez / the weak link

The few who didn't wanted him moved to guard.

Isn't it Charger luck that once he started having success at guard his career came to a quick end.
      It's the Storm Norton's on the Chargers who are indestructible;
      everyone else is a glass doll.

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

The Indestructible Storm. Yeah, that’s us lol.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
          round one 11

RT1 * Fuaga

round two 37/40

LB1 Edgerrin Cooper, Junior Colson
          NB1 Kamari Lassiter, DJ James, Mike Sainristil
          FS1 Tyler Nubin, Cole Bishop
          OG1 Zach Frazier, Cooper Beebe, Christian Haynes

round three 67/69

TE4 Cade Stover, Theo Johnson, Ben Sinnott
          RB2 Jonathan Brooks, Blake Corum, Jaylen Wright
          ED2 Bralen Trice

round four 105/110

OG1 Christian Mahogany, Zak Zinter
          WR4 Malik Washington, Luke McCaffrey
          CB4 Josh Newton, Cam Hart, Renardo Green, Kalen King
          RB2 Braelon Allen, MarShawn Lloyd, Audric Estime, Mar'Kiese Irving, Ray Davis, Will Shipley
          DT1 Mehki Wingo, DeWayne Carter
          QB Joe Milton

round five 140

OC2 Tanor Bortolini, Hunter Nourzad
          S4 Tykee Smith, Sione Vaki, Beau Brade
          NB2 Jaylin Simpson

round six 183

RB2 Dillon Johnson, Isaiah Davis, Daijun Edwards

round seven 225/253

RB2 Frank Gore, Miyan Williams, Keilan Robinson
          NT1 Khristian Boyd, Justin Rogers
          Moderators...I would like to report an imposter/hacked account...this is obviously not Beach's clusters by round...T. Sweat is nowhere to be found....

They almost pulled off the forgery...notice the obligatory Daijun Edwards inclusion, round 6?

But not only is this cluster collection "Sweat free"...its NT free until the 7th round!....from Beach?

Fake post....
          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
            Charger Fan since 1978
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Clary was the original whipping boy on Charger fan forums.
            My impression is that everyone wanted him gone.'

It was McNeil / Dielman / Hardwick / Vasquez / the weak link

The few who didn't wanted him moved to guard.

Isn't it Charger luck that once he started having success at guard his career came to a quick end.
            It's the Storm Norton's on the Chargers who are indestructible;
            everyone else is a glass doll.
            I wonder why, LOL...
            "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• northerner
              Charger fan since '79
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Because Kyler isn't close to being Rivers equal.
              man oh man.

Rivers = HOF, might take a while.

Kyler = nobody

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

I still think that McCarthy to Arizona is a valid option.

Murray is short, injury prone, has a poor work ethic, and his stats are on the downward trend.
                He costs a ton of money.

Getting out of his contract and into a better QB on his first contract is their only way out.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

NT1 * atm we've got Tito and Jerrod Clark, up from the ps, @the nose. my guess is that we look to throw someone else in the mix there, but not 'til one of our seventh rounders comes up. the two names that might be under consideration could be Khristian Boyd and Justin Rogers, the latter of which I would pass on, albeit not to say that Boyd is gonna do so much for our D, and then again.... he could surprise ??

DT1 * not sure Hinton nor Okoye are gonna be in the mix come the start of the season, but Joe did bring in Poona Ford in FA. is there gonna be someone there for us come round four ?? the two guys that could be sitting there if that were to be the case, are Mehki Wingo and DeWayne Carter, and again not guys that are gonna shift any presence we have in the middle of the Dline, and.... we only have so many picks.

DE (none) * think we're good for now w/Joey 'n Tuli, albeit wouldn't surprise me if Joe found a late addition here (in FA) sometime before the start of the season ??

ED2 * would you want to hedge your roster here against Rumph ?? I think we might, and.... not sure I see much of anyone that could help/would be wise, post day two ?? the guy that sticks in my craw here is Bralen Trice, who has been sliding down boards, and.... Ravens guys are not bothered by sub standard metrics.... if Trice has the film, he could be the pick w/a second, round two pick, if we pick one up ??

LB1 * like Nutty and some others of you have proclaimed, LB is a sneaky big need. could we fill our need there round two ?? maybe, and won't be surprised to see Payton Wilson off the board, which is just as well given his injury bug/history, and.... Cooper could surprise and still be there @37, and if not, think most here would be ok w/Junior Colson ?? backup plans could include Jeremiah Trotter/round 3, Cedric Gray/round 4, or Trevin Wallace/round 5 ??

CB4 * think we need someone to backup Asante on the boundary ?? day three guys who have gotten some mention here include the likes of Josh Newton, Cam Hart, Renardo Green, and Kalen King. most likely that would cost us one of our fourths.

NB1 * is Ja'Sir your starter ?? if not, prolly a higher priority than not come the draft ?? the guys that have gotten mention here include Kamari Lassiter, DJ James and Sainristil.... you might also want to include the likes of a Kris Abrams Draine or Jaylin Simpson ?? if we can get two seconds, would guess one of 'em goes towards here ?? eye like Lassiter, but think the consensus is Sainristil....

FS1 * think most peoples have Alohi penciled in here, and in theory, we have JT Woods as well here, and.... what is the reality of things here ?? the day two guys that I recall getting mention here are Tyler Nubin and Cole Bishop.... day three guys get less of a mention, but could include the likes of a Beau Brade, Tykee Smith or Sione Vaki ?? thinkin' it could happen sooner than later here, aka a round two selection ??
                  You posted two long position by position posts, appreciate the reasoned thinking here. Good stuff thx.

DT1 and NT - none of them are starter grade imo - excepting that I don’t know Poono.
                  DE/Edge - I expect Minton will install flexibility of the top 3 to fill the 2 positions in most frequent rotation. Rumph - beats the shit out of me, he’s never shown he can man up to the power game required to beat OTs head on, nor the speed moves game to get around them consistently.
                  LB1 - we need one, Minton needs a good LB1
                  CB4? I’m looking at CB1 myself.
                  FS1 - I expect they decide they can survive here with better front “7” and CB play. stand pat.
                  RB - need a COP as you mention. Shipley looks like an Eke upgrade to me. You left Marshawn off of your Day 3 list, oversight or you don’t like him? He was productive at USC.
                  QB2 - they should bring someone in. Maybe a late Day3 flier pick if they add a couple picks via trade down, FA or UDFA?
                  WR4? Who’s WR 1, 2, and 3? Big need imo, though there are many quality second tier draft picks this year if they don’t go big at 5
                  RT1 - I’ve posted on this many times. Pip is better than any depth player we have. Trade before draft - what are we gonna get for him - a 5? 7? Hard to replace that depth, they keep him. 2025 he will be cut. Either he was already replaced in 2024 via draft or he’ll be replaced via draft next year.
                  OG - man, I don’t know what to make of last year’s starter performance? Was it all coaching and scheme?
                  OC - think they ride Bozeman this year, coach up McF as backup - no moves here. TPB apoplectic when they pass on JPJ. Just my hunch, no unique insight.
                  TE - best for last. I think as much as I like Bowers, they will decide they can upgrade that group with one of the 2nd tier TEs that are also good blockers and use top picks for higher value positions (CB, WR, DT). Reimann, Johnson (I like him now), Sinnot, etc … ? I am less impressed with Barner and I do not buy into the “Harbaugh will draft players he knows” for one second. He knows Barner, he therefore would know Barner is not top shelf.

Thanks for the thorough analysis, bolded are positions I seek out in this draft if the board plays out with quasi-“BPA” options. Thats 7 highlighted … and the board may not play as we like.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

man oh man.

Rivers = HOF, might take a while.

Kyler = nobody
                    But...but...Murray was drafted #1 OVERALL in 2019...right?
                    (And don't forget David Carr, #1 OVERALL in 2002)...

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
                      I still think that McCarthy to Arizona is a valid option.

Murray is short, injury prone, has a poor work ethic, and his stats are on the downward trend.
                      He costs a ton of money.

Getting out of his contract and into a better QB on his first contract is their only way out.
                      Picking at 4...thats what id be looking at. Trade Kyler post June 1st they save 38 mil. They shouldnt get a boatload of picks for him but a decent one anyways. He isnt worth a first....to me anyways.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

round one 11

RT1 * Fuaga

round two 37/40

LB1 Edgerrin Cooper, Junior Colson
                        NB1 Kamari Lassiter, DJ James, Mike Sainristil
                        FS1 Tyler Nubin, Cole Bishop
                        OG1 Zach Frazier, Cooper Beebe, Christian Haynes

round three 67/69

TE4 Cade Stover, Theo Johnson, Ben Sinnott
                        RB2 Jonathan Brooks, Blake Corum, Jaylen Wright
                        ED2 Bralen Trice

round four 105/110

OG1 Christian Mahogany, Zak Zinter
                        WR4 Malik Washington, Luke McCaffrey
                        CB4 Josh Newton, Cam Hart, Renardo Green, Kalen King
                        RB2 Braelon Allen, MarShawn Lloyd, Audric Estime, Mar'Kiese Irving, Ray Davis, Will Shipley
                        DT1 Mehki Wingo, DeWayne Carter
                        QB Joe Milton

round five 140

OC2 Tanor Bortolini, Hunter Nourzad
                        S4 Tykee Smith, Sione Vaki, Beau Brade
                        NB2 Jaylin Simpson

round six 183

RB2 Dillon Johnson, Isaiah Davis, Daijun Edwards

round seven 225/253

RB2 Frank Gore, Miyan Williams, Keilan Robinson
                        NT1 Khristian Boyd, Justin Rogers
                        Only thing ill say here is there will be better WRs in round 3 than those TEs in round 3. I like Sinnott as ive said before but he wont be better value than some WRs that will be there. None of those three will be. Kmet went round 3 and neither of that group imo is Kmet at that stage.

Round 3 recievers id expect to see there are Corley, R. Wilson, Polk, Pearsall, Walker.

Honestly you would take one of those TEs over those WRs? Thought you were a value guy? Just my opinion anyways.

Round three im probably looking RB, WR, LB if Colson is there and we havent drafted one yet.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

You posted two long position by position posts, appreciate the reasoned thinking here. Good stuff thx.

DT1 and NT - none of them are starter grade imo - excepting that I don’t know Poono.
                          DE/Edge - I expect Minton will install flexibility of the top 3 to fill the 2 positions in most frequent rotation. Rumph - beats the shit out of me, he’s never shown he can man up to the power game required to beat OTs head on, nor the speed moves game to get around them consistently.
                          LB1 - we need one, Minton needs a good LB1
                          CB4? I’m looking at CB1 myself.
                          FS1 - I expect they decide they can survive here with better front “7” and CB play. stand pat.
                          RB - need a COP as you mention. Shipley looks like an Eke upgrade to me. You left Marshawn off of your Day 3 list, oversight or you don’t like him? He was productive at USC.
                          QB2 - they should bring someone in. Maybe a late Day3 flier pick if they add a couple picks via trade down, FA or UDFA?
                          WR4? Who’s WR 1, 2, and 3? Big need imo, though there are many quality second tier draft picks this year if they don’t go big at 5
                          RT1 - I’ve posted on this many times. Pip is better than any depth player we have. Trade before draft - what are we gonna get for him - a 5? 7? Hard to replace that depth, they keep him. 2025 he will be cut. Either he was already replaced in 2024 via draft or he’ll be replaced via draft next year.
                          OG - man, I don’t know what to make of last year’s starter performance? Was it all coaching and scheme?
                          OC - think they ride Bozeman this year, coach up McF as backup - no moves here. TPB apoplectic when they pass on JPJ. Just my hunch, no unique insight.
                          TE - best for last. I think as much as I like Bowers, they will decide they can upgrade that group with one of the 2nd tier TEs that are also good blockers and use top picks for higher value positions (CB, WR, DT). Reimann, Johnson (I like him now), Sinnot, etc … ? I am less impressed with Barner and I do not buy into the “Harbaugh will draft players he knows” for one second. He knows Barner, he therefore would know Barner is not top shelf.

Thanks for the thorough analysis, bolded are positions I seek out in this draft if the board plays out with quasi-“BPA” options. Thats 7 highlighted … and the board may not play as we like.
                          TEs, im not in on Barner or Corum even if its a JH factor. I dont believe it is for those guys. For Jenkins and Sainristil i do. Believe it or not,.... ive heard him mention those two often when talking about his Michigan guys...and of course JJ but we arent drafting a QB. We'll see. Id love Jenkins or Fiske though.

NT i think Poona Ford is going to be playing there. He played there in Seattle. Not sure they figure him to start but i figure thats where they project him.

Comment

Working...
                          X