• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

this whole thing you have with Pipkins kind of reminds me of some time back on the old forum, boy did I take a lot of shit for wanting the chargers to upgrade RT during the Jeromey Clary era and he started for how many years? I want to say like 3-4 maybe more I'm not 100% sure...I thought that guy was awful...
    OMG... we've been fighting this battle since Shane Olivea got hurt. I have PTDD (post traumatic draft disorder).
    The one time we actually spent high draft capital on RT, we picked Fluker (who I hated).
    I'm sure I was the 1 guy @CMB that backed your efforts to shit-can Clary.

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

round one 11

RT1 * Fuaga

round two 37/40

LB1 Edgerrin Cooper, Junior Colson
      NB1 Kamari Lassiter, DJ James, Mike Sainristil
      FS1 Tyler Nubin, Cole Bishop
      OG1 Zach Frazier, Cooper Beebe, Christian Haynes

round three 67/69

TE4 Cade Stover, Theo Johnson, Ben Sinnott
      RB2 Jonathan Brooks, Blake Corum, Jaylen Wright
      ED2 Bralen Trice

round four 105/110

OG1 Christian Mahogany, Zak Zinter
      WR4 Malik Washington, Luke McCaffrey
      CB4 Josh Newton, Cam Hart, Renardo Green, Kalen King
      RB2 Braelon Allen, MarShawn Lloyd, Audric Estime, Mar'Kiese Irving, Ray Davis, Will Shipley
      DT1 Mehki Wingo, DeWayne Carter
      QB Joe Milton

round five 140

OC2 Tanor Bortolini, Hunter Nourzad
      S4 Tykee Smith, Sione Vaki, Beau Brade
      NB2 Jaylin Simpson

round six 183

RB2 Dillon Johnson, Isaiah Davis, Daijun Edwards

round seven 225/253

RB2 Frank Gore, Miyan Williams, Keilan Robinson
      NT1 Khristian Boyd, Justin Rogers
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Public Service Announcement:

I would like to take this moment to mention that Kyler Murray's starting WR's are: Michael Wilson, Chris Moore, and Greg Dortch

And now, back to your normal programming...
        Well, if PR could make scrubs like Inman and Tutu look pretty good, why can't Kyler?

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

OMG... we've been fighting this battle since Shane Olivea got hurt. I have PTDD (post traumatic draft disorder).
          The one time we actually spent high draft capital on RT, we picked Fluker (who I hated).
          I'm sure I was the 1 guy @CMB that backed your efforts to shit-can Clary.
          I literally got a warning on CMB to drop the Clary thing, people were sick and tired of hearing me complain about it, but fuck was that frustrating as hell to watch year in year out, for the record I think Trey is a bit better, maybe not much but I think he is better than Jeromey which honestly doesn't say a whole lot...
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I literally got a warning on CMB to drop the Clary thing, people were sick and tired of hearing me complain about it, but fuck was that frustrating as hell to watch year in year out, for the record I think Trey is a bit better, maybe not much but I think he is better than Jeromey which honestly doesn't say a whole lot...
            Jeebus, is it going out on a limb to say every tackle drafted that year was better than Pip? Or every tackle that will be drafted this year will be better? That bar is soooooo low.

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Well, if PR could make scrubs like Inman and Tutu look pretty good, why can't Kyler?
              Have it on good authority, don’t need good WRs to win in the NFL. Must be Murray is the issue.

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I think TT was forced to extend Pip because he didn't have any more options...otherwise we'd have to roll with dudes like Storm Norton...I think it's fair to say Pip showed some improvement from his rook year, but still didn't quite reach the level needed to consistently give the type of pass pro we needed...I still consider him to be a decent backup...having said that, it's also true that there was a lot of IOL pressure that ended up causing havoc...
                Disagree he’s a decent backup. He’s a backup you look to upgrade, even if it’s a UDFA.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

I'm the one who started the "Clary Sackwatch Thread" on CMB, but I never got a Cabo invite...at least not for that one...I do agree Pip is better than Clary, but Pip still has a lot of issues vs. some edge rushers...plus, Pip isn't all that strong a run blocker...so I still consider Pip to be at capable backup level, but not starter...having said that, I think OG and C depth are bigger PON's at the moment...

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Chargers' fans are used to accepting whatever they throw out there @RT.
                    I can't explain the Plumpkins tolerance any other way.
                    At least we got what we paid for in Clary... a 6th rounder.

I mean, Maxx Crosby literally went 15 picks after Plumpkins...

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

I'm the one who started the "Clary Sackwatch Thread" on CMB, but I never got a Cabo invite...at least not for that one...I do agree Pip is better than Clary, but Pip still has a lot of issues vs. some edge rushers...plus, Pip isn't all that strong a run blocker...so I still consider Pip to be at capable backup level, but not starter...having said that, I think OG and C depth are bigger PON's at the moment...
                      Yeah, he ain't exactly the poster boy for "Run better and protect the QB".

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Chargers' fans are used to accepting whatever they throw out there @RT.
                        I can't explain the Plumpkins tolerance any other way.
                        At least we got what we paid for in Clary... a 6th rounder.

I mean, Maxx Crosby literally went 15 picks after Plumpkins...
                        Ouch...NEVER use a 3rd round pick to select a project from a Sammy Small School...

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Ouch...NEVER use a 3rd round pick to select a project from a Sammy Small School...
                          Technically, you've covered yourself with Maxx... he went early 4th (Eastern Michigan).
                          I liked Maxx that draft cycle. I'd never heard of Pipkins.

Comment

Working...
                          X