• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • electricgold
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

What qb will there be at #4 worth trading for?
    Bo Nix...

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
      Beef Before Gazelles
      • May 2021
      • Send PM

Depends on how desperate some team is for either Bo Nix or J.J. McCarthy.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Worth trading for? Maybe Daniels and depends on how they feel about Nix. They would of course be over drafted but that's how QBs go.

I think AZ will absolutely pick MHJ. Murray would love to get him another D. Hop. Their best WR is Mike Wilson who was injured a lot this season.
        Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-29-2024, 10:31 AM.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Sooooooo, just curious, what would it cost to flip spots with Arizona? Other than a field goal..

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
            Sooooooo, just curious, what would it cost to flip spots with Arizona? Other than a field goal..
            I don't know, but the 1998 trade up with Arizona set the Chargers back for years...so bad that it made the Chargers sign up a washed QB that couldn't make it with the new team in Baltimore.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
              Beef Before Gazelles
              • May 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Worth trading for? Maybe Daniels and depends on how they feel about Nix. They would of course he over drafted but that's how QB go.

I think AZ will absolutely pick MHJ. Murray would love to get him another D. Hop. Their best WR is Mike Wilson who was injured a lot this season.
              I think there's a possibility that Marvin Harrison, Jr. doesn't want to be the next Larry Fitzgerald, and will in one way or another discourage the Cardinals from selecting him. Which might mean Arizona trading the pick to a team that wants Harrison.

If EYE am Harrison?!? I absolutely have some doubts about going to Arizona.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2023
                • Send PM

Don’t Fuck Around and Find out!!!!!!

That starts with Kansas City saying to the Chargers don’t fuck around with this pick.

Chargers get cocky 1 draft Alt at tackle

Chargers get cocky 2 trade back and think they can get Brock Bowers.

And I can see Kansas City jumping us like they did for Mahomes and trading up and selecting Brock Bowers the next Kelce after he retires in the sunset.

They have the next Kelce with Mahomes. So don’t allow it to happen.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

I was messing around on OTC and they currently have us getting a comp pick in the 7th round for true tranquil, LOL...so I have learned to trust the reverse engineered compensatory pick formula on OTC, they've been spot on for years, the one thing that is not reflected on there yet is the minority hire compensatory picks which will be doled out after everyone completes their coaching and GM hires...I'm not sure if those push all the compensatory picks down from the maximum allotment or if they even count towards that...right now that tranquil comp is literally 2nd or 3rd from last to be awarded so it's hanging on by a fingernail...it'll be interesting to see if the chargers get it in the end, not that a 7th rounder is much to get excited about but you never know, with improved scouting under Hortiz, we might start cranking out late round gems like other teams often do...

so at least for right now it sounds like the chargers have 8 draft picks in 2024...I'm sure they'll be picking up a couple more once they trade Mack and perhaps when and if they trade down 1-2 spots to select Brock Bowers...this could be a 10-11 pick year for the Chargers
                  "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post
                    I was messing around on OTC and they currently have us getting a comp pick in the 7th round for true tranquil, LOL...so I have learned to trust the reverse engineered compensatory pick formula on OTC, they've been spot on for years, the one thing that is not reflected on there yet is the minority hire compensatory picks which will be doled out after everyone completes their coaching and GM hires...I'm not sure if those push all the compensatory picks down from the maximum allotment or if they even count towards that...right now that tranquil comp is literally 2nd or 3rd from last to be awarded so it's hanging on by a fingernail...it'll be interesting to see if the chargers get it in the end, not that a 7th rounder is much to get excited about but you never know, with improved scouting under Hortiz, we might start cranking out late round gems like other teams often do...

so at least for right now it sounds like the chargers have 8 draft picks in 2024...I'm sure they'll be picking up a couple more once they trade Mack and perhaps when and if they trade down 1-2 spots to select Brock Bowers...this could be a 10-11 pick year for the Chargers
                    My hope is 8 picks by Round 5 and 6 picks by Round 4

I like Bowers at 5 but if they can get a couple more picks and still stay no lower than 11 and get like 2/4 - I would be open

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

My hope is 8 picks by Round 5 and 6 picks by Round 4

I like Bowers at 5 but if they can get a couple more picks and still stay no lower than 11 and get like 2/4 - I would be open
                      nobody knows what's going to happen, but if Hortiz gets hired as GM, I feel really confident that we can say goodbye to the never trade down in round one TT type bullshit, there will be some wheeling and dealing, smart and targeted after specific players that Hortiz and Harbaugh want in the draft to fill out the roster...
                      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                        Pretty much retired......
                        • Sep 2018
                        • JoJa
                        • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                        • Send PM

If Jayden Daniels somehow makes it to 5 then the shit would hit the fan. Ring, ring.......Hold please, we have 4 other teams on the line.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Good question. All i can offer is that there were 259 picks in last years draft. And 255 in the 2020 draft when those werent given out(i think, might go back further) and the number of comp picks given out for players doesnt change....til these extras were annouced.
                          So maybe those extra 3rd round comps teams get for hiring black GM or HCs are additions. They get two for each hire but they are in consecutive years. Not in the same draft.

In closing, i have no idea lol

Comment

Working...
                          X