Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

well,. he did run it twice .

He'll be a serviceable back, I just see faster backs in the draft that can do what he can do plus put some downfield pressure on defenses. LBs and Safeties will learn they can cheat up on him and not risk getting burned, i fear. Just don't need a slow RB when there's so many other options.
    Jaylen Wright had the fastest MPH time at 5 yards than any RB. Not sure if that 1987 date is for that or not since it only shows Achane next. Also had the longest broad jump for RBs this year (11.2 ft) which is an explosion measure. His vert was 38"

Just think this guy is going to be a very good player with speed @ 210 lbs.

This was info from a Tweet...dont care about his RAS score but the other info

Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-04-2024, 10:43 AM.

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Poppers picks

Round 1, Pick 5: Malik Nabers, WR, LSU * if he really is a cross between JaMarr & JJ then ok, hard to knock the pick, and.... we're three deep @wideout and looking @Trey Pipkins as our first line of defense against some of the top edge rushers in the world.... if Justin is always second guessing his protection, won't matter who you have @wideout.... Hortiz also has Breshard Perriman on his resume, and young John has MW & QJ.... personally would like to start building a Super Bowl roster, and think twice before we go back to the well in building a SuperChargers roster @wideout.... it's been nice, but am heavily leaning toward RT and to protect our franchise, as the belief if he has the time, won't matter how many Surtain's you got back there, the Rocket Man will find someone.... to build from the inside out, or not ?? does it all start in the trenches, and.... really uneasy 'bout the second round RTs.... tough call, but as of now, the lean is Taliese.

Round 2, Pick 37: Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia * not a good gambit.... dude likes to run block, and is buried on Zierlein's rankings, and can be found on day three on some other's big boards. counting/waiting on an OC here is risky biz, and think FA is a better hedge, and.... no way am I drafting for position and leaving T'Vondre Sweat on the board, if he's there.... just no way.

Round 3, Pick 69: Blake Corum, RB, Michigan * another need pick, and part of a bunch that just doesn't get me too overly excited.... dude is apparently fairly injury free, and seems to get the job done, but again personally would much rather take my chances on who I think are the better players, like Ben Sinnott, Cole Bishop, Cedric Gray and even Daijun Edwards, and.... agree we need to be looking RB here, and.... gonna be a bit disappointed if this guy is the best we can do.

Round 4, Pick 106: Cam Hart, CB, Notre Dame * prolly another fairly solid, lower risk than not selection, and.... just not my first choice, as prefer talents like the aforementioned Cedric Gray and Daijun Edwards among others, and.... this is the reason that am in favor of retaining Mike D. don't like drafting for need, and personally think we need a nickel back before a backup boundary anyway.

Round 5, Pick 139: Matt Goncalves, OL, Pittsburgh * another safer than not pick, that does what ?? a backup swing tackle, or is this your Pips replacement ?? give me Fuaga and forgedd aboudditt.

Round 6, Pick 183: AJ Barner, TE, Michigan * way too many dissenting opinions for my liking, and as much prefer to insure I get a Ben Sinnott much earlier in the process, and.... 'nother reason am in favor of bringing back Everett.... is this guy even better than Nick Vannett ??

Round 7, Pick 223: Javontae Jean-Baptiste, Edge, Notre Dame * underwhelming use of draft capital.... much prefer to add a special teams LB for depth, and again.... why I am in favor of adding a Dorance Armstrong in FA.... OG Trente Jones is also worth a look see down here.

Round 7, Pick 256: Justin Rogers, DT, Auburn * this guy sounds like a Raider.... not where I'm looking to add depth, as we're already loaded w/backup NTs.... NTs make the entire D better.... get a real NT.... T'Vondre Sweat, or as someone once told me.... if you're gonna do it, do it right.
      we also need a backup QB, and.... note to Pops.... all of our mocks will look better once Joe starts adding some picks to our haul via trade.
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

TL;DR version:
        Poppers picks

Round 1, Pick 5: Malik Nabers, WR, LSU

Round 2, Pick 37: Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia

Round 3, Pick 69: Blake Corum, RB, Michigan

Round 4, Pick 106: Cam Hart, CB, Notre Dame

Round 5, Pick 139: Matt Goncalves, OL, Pittsburgh

Round 6, Pick 183: AJ Barner, TE, Michigan

Round 7, Pick 223: Javontae Jean-Baptiste, Edge, Notre Dame

Round 7, Pick 256: Justin Rogers, DT, Auburn

Context before write up:
        We're drafting a starting C prospect now or in the next two or three drafts. Prefer now.
        Pipkins has steadily improved under Staley, Lombo, Moore. I wonder what he will do with Ben Herbert, Roman, Devlin and Hardwick? I'd stay with him this year.
        We need a hammer at RB. Corum works for me.
        I'm OK with Pops and I'll be OK with Hortiz.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

We're drafting a starting C prospect now or in the next two or three drafts. Prefer now.
          Pipkins has steadily improved under Staley, Lombo, Moore. I wonder what he will do with Ben Herbert, Roman, Devlin and Hardwick? I'd stay with him this year.
          We need a hammer at RB. Corum works for me.
          I'm OK with Pops and I'll be OK with Hortiz.
          For not trading back, I liked it. I might go Odunze over Nabers at this point -- if both are on the board. But not going to quibble with Nabers

The Barner and Hart picks are solid

Corum - thats the tricky part about RB -- they probably need to use 37 on Center, maybe IDL, or CB - so that means passing on guys like Allen and Wright. But it makes sense, Corum in R3 is solid

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

we also need a backup QB, and.... note to Pops.... all of our mocks will look better once Joe starts adding some picks to our haul via trade.
            Just addressing your first point but if we want to address the RT position then we need to trade down. Not worth it to draft an LT at #5 and switch him over to RT. That’s why WR at #5 makes sense since it’s BPA.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Just addressing your first point but if we want to address the RT position then we need to trade down. Not worth it to draft an LT at #5 and switch him over to RT. That’s why WR at #5 makes sense since it’s BPA.
              Agreed. If staying at - you take Odunze or Nabers. Or if there, MHJr

If you want RT - trade back and get more draft capital. Take a RT to play RT. I still want to trade back, get Bowers and more draft picks

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                Beef Before Gazelles
                • May 2021
                • Send PM

Concur. I'd be happy about Fuaga being the pick AFTER a trade down, but don't see Fuaga as great value at #5. Too many elite non-QBs to choose from at #5.

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

maybe if you're an Alt guy, and.... I'm not, and.... Fuaga could be off the board as early as 6, as New Yorkers are not unanimously enamoured w/ol' Evan Neal, and.... not convinced that even MHJ is bpa ??

I like Fuaga, and like him as a Charger more so than any other player in the draft.... just my take.
                  5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

maybe if you're an Alt guy, and.... I'm not, and.... Fuaga could be off the board as early as 6, as New Yorkers are not unanimously enamoured w/ol' Evan Neal, and.... not convinced that even MHJ is bpa ??

I like Fuaga, and like him as a Charger more so than any other player in the draft.... just my take.
                    Historically, right tackles don’t go top 10. And definitely not at 5.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Bear Ugh GIF by Simian Reflux

Too many good choices at 5.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Fuaga was consensus best interview at the Combine.
                        All business.
                        Jim Harbaugh material.
                        Does not say "excuse me" when he blocks you.
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2020
                          • Oklahoma
                          • Send PM

Supposedly Nabers is one of Caleb Williams best buddies.
                          Seeing mocks with the Bears trading up from 9 for Nabers.

Comment

Working...
                          X