• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Murphy @ 5? Thought you were about value Mr beach? But you got many of your guys. Didnt know Rice was one..welcome aboard
    well, think he's being undervalued for one, and the poppycock of late has both him and Fuaga off the board @10/11 ?? and after thinkin' 'bout things after I posted that, think I might be leaning Fuaga instead @5 as like his intangibles better (than Murphy) and can also entertain the possibility of going after A'Shawn Robinson in FA to tide us over @DT ??

and can't help but be intrigued by the likes of Rice & McCaffrey @wideout.... FOMO !!
    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Yeah, I'm not in the same mental camp you are here. 10 bags of doritos does not equal a filet mignon player at #5. Picks in the third round are a no go for me.
      Filet Mignon is served @#10, also.
      The bag of Doritos you turned your nose up to won a National Championship 2 months ago... for our current HC.

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

If the Falcons trade for Fields, they would be out for us to trade with. Saw a rumor tweeted of that yesterday that i posted in the pick at 5 thread.
        And if the Steelers trade for Fields (also a rumor) then Falcons, Vikings, and Saints are back to competing for the 3rd or 4th QB.

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

If somehow there are only 2 QBs picked in top 4. And Chargers are at #5 with so many teams after them with questions at QB near and long term. I think Joe Hortiz can extract a bit more from teams that want that pick.

Chargers pick is worth 1700pts.
          Team need to pay more than 1700 to get #5.

Saints. #14, (1100pts) #169 (24pts) and 2025 1st Rd. (600pts)
          1724 total points.

Vikings. #11 (1250pts) #42 (480pts) and #130 (42pts)
          1772 total points.

Falcons #8 (1400pts) #43 (470pts)
          1870 total points.

Jets. #10 (1300pts) #72 (230pts) 2025 2nd Rd (270pts)
          1800 total points.

For my money that #5 pick needs to return more than 1700pts back. Falcons 170pts over exact value per Chart is still a very fair deal, IMV.

​​​Max value out of trade down is what Joe Hortiz should do, otherwise draft the BPA at #5. And then maybe trade down in other rds to acquire additional current or future draft picks.
          However Hortiz wants to do it. If he thinks he can rip someone off... go for it. If he wants someone to feel like they got a deal... go for it.
          In the end, extra players allow us to build a solid team. I don't want a bunch of stars who never shine... because the guy next to him sucks.

Trade back in the draft... trade any player that doesn't fit (Bosa, Mack, Fox) the Harbaugh/Minter scheme. Maximize your draft any way you can. It's what Hortiz/Ravens are known for. Things will change around here.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Yeah, I'm not in the same mental camp you are here. 10 bags of doritos does not equal a filet mignon player at #5. Picks in the third round are a no go for me.
            Yep...I'm with u Gzubie...if we trade down from #5, I want to get at LEAST a 2nd rounder out of it, and preferably a 2nd AND a 3rd rounder...and I don't want to trade down to more than #11 overall...if some QB hungry team can't pony up the picks, adios amigo...

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

However Hortiz wants to do it. If he thinks he can rip someone off... go for it. If he wants someone to feel like they got a deal... go for it.
              In the end, extra players allow us to build a solid team. I don't want a bunch of stars who never shine... because the guy next to him sucks.

Trade back in the draft... trade any player that doesn't fit (Bosa, Mack, Fox) the Harbaugh/Minter scheme. Maximize your draft any way you can. It's what Hortiz/Ravens are known for. Things will change around here.
              Yep...so it's possible that Hortiz = AJ Smith in the 2004 draft...that was quite a haul we got...

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                French Speaking Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Québec city
                • Send PM

Impossible to have draft like that !

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                  Impossible to have draft like that !
                  Rien n'est impossible!

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Filet Mignon is served @#10, also.
                    The bag of Doritos you turned your nose up to won a National Championship 2 months ago... for our current HC.
                    More like Carne Asada meat sprinkled over your Nacho Chips!

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                      French Speaking Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Québec city
                      • Send PM

All started with one of the best trade in sport (Manning-Rivers).
                      I think only the E. Lindros trade to the Philadelphia Flyers in NHL beats it.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2023
                        • Send PM

Fuaga is gonna be the tackle that shoots up the draft. Hes gonna be the guy that teams really want.

I know the Giants want him specifically for Shaquan Barkley.

NFL is ignorant. Meaning because Pineaui Sueweell looked so good. Everybody is going to want that.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2023
                          • Send PM

But I got one place is see Fuaga going. Las Vegas the Raiders.!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X