• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SuperChargedRodney37
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2024
    • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
    So the Athletic has a new mock by Baumgardner posted up. We trade but not with Minny. We trade with the Falcons for 5. We get 8, 43 and "a 2025 mid round pick" (I hate that ambiguity). So they get Harrison as Minny jumped to 4. At 8 we take Alt, at our predisposed 37 we take Zach Frazier and at 43 we take Keon Coleman.

Not so sure I do that trade with that return. Not so sure I do that trade even without knowing what we get in the draft. So we are what 17 days away??? Then silly season is over.
    I saw that and laughed out loud. These guys get bored and start playing around like all of us probably do with the mock draft simulators.
    He didn't listen to Coach when he said in this scenario the #5 pick is going to be treated like an overall #1.
    This is probably he dream scenario for the Chargers because MHJ just fell right into their laps.
    I also don't believe the Titans pass on Alt. He actually fits their LT spot perfectly, way more than he fits the Chargers as a RT.

I do like his thinking about the Falcons as a trade partner though. I like trading back from #37 to #43 and getting the second of Atlanta's 3rds pick #79. I really like the value in this draft from rounds 2-4. If the Chargers can pick up an extra pick or two in that range, then they can do some real damage. I also believe they can get a future starting tackle as late as the 4th in this draft.

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperChargedRodney37 View Post

I also believe they can get a future starting tackle as late as the 4th in this draft.
      nice work trying to roll that one thru the ranks unnoticed, and.... was a huge Trey Smith proponent when he cam out, and....

the only two guys that eye see that could qualify as such are Blake Fisher (someone is on record as saying he's the better Golden Domer tackle over Alt), but would be a surprise to see him there day three, and....

eye do like Tylan Grable some, and.... he is sitting round seven by most takes.... you take him round four, or you thinkin' Fisher will last to there, or.... ??

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Icebolt View Post

I really like it except for one. Either Barton or Morgan I would switch with a CB.
        Also, how did you arrive at these picks? What trades were done?
        I traded down twice in Rd1, forget what else- stupid trade offers were flying at me ... simulators, gotta love em.

I can see a CB early, sure.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• SuperChargedRodney37
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2024
          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

nice work trying to roll that one thru the ranks unnoticed, and.... was a huge Trey Smith proponent when he cam out, and....

the only two guys that eye see that could qualify as such are Blake Fisher (someone is on record as saying he's the better Golden Domer tackle over Alt), but would be a surprise to see him there day three, and....

eye do like Tylan Grable some, and.... he is sitting round seven by most takes.... you take him round four, or you thinkin' Fisher will last to there, or.... ??
          Good question BC,
          I've seem mocks where Fisher goes anywhere from early 3rd to late 4th. Remember, this would be a Tackle they could let sit and groom in the system for a year with 2025 in mind. Players that could be there at #105
          1. Puni- Kansas
          2. Goncalves (Injury concerns)- Pitt
          3. Glaze- Maryland
          4. Jones- Texas
          5. Coleman- TCU
          6. Foster- Missouri (Underrated)
          7. Laumea- Utah (Mauler) might be a better guard than Tackle which would allow you to bump Salyer to RT in 2025

There is a few more in that mid 3rd to early 5th range that could be good to develop with 2025 in mind.
          All these guys have played multiple positions on the line and a few like Puni, Jones played both Left and Right Tackle in college for multiple years.

I'm just saying that Baltimore was very good at identifying these mid-round linemen and developing them.
          Harbaugh as well would take 3-Star lineman and coach then up to All-Conference guys.

This is a great draft to strategically spend high draft capital on a more premium position and when the rest of these teams are getting those players, they will push these valuable developmental players right into your lap.
          The positions I see this with are Wide Receiver and Offensive line. I see a run on WR in the top of round 2 allowing for the team to potentially trade back from #37 and get an extra 3rd. (ie Atlanta at #43 to get their second 3rd rounder #79)

Should they choose to do so of course.

Comment

• Chargers8491
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2022
            • Send PM

Good question BC,
            I've seem mocks where Fisher goes anywhere from early 3rd to late 4th. Remember, this would be a Tackle they could let sit and groom in the system for a year with 2025 in mind. Players that could be there at #105
            1. Puni- Kansas
            3. Glaze- Maryland
            4. Jones- Texas
            5. Coleman- TCU
            7. Laumea- Utah (Mauler) might be a better guard than Tackle which would allow you to bump Salyer to RT in 2025

There is a few more in that mid 3rd to early 5th range that could be good to develop with 2025 in mind.
            All these guys have played multiple positions on the line and a few like Puni, Jones played both Left and Right Tackle in college for multiple years.

I'm just saying that Baltimore was very good at identifying these mid-round linemen and developing them.
            Harbaugh as well would take 3-Star lineman and coach then up to All-Conference guys.

This is a great draft to strategically spend high draft capital on a more premium position and when the rest of these teams are getting those players, they will push these valuable developmental players right into your lap.
            The positions I see this with are Wide Receiver and Offensive line. I see a run on WR in the top of round 2 allowing for the team to potentially trade back from #37 and get an extra 3rd. (ie Atlanta at #43 to get their second 3rd rounder #79)

Another true RT I like and one who is not getting a lot of hype is Blake Fisher for ND. Played opposite of Alt maybe why he isn't getting a lot of hype. He is 6' 6" 310lbs and is that 4th rnd range.
            1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
            2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
            2b- #37 Jenkins DT
            3a- #66 Puni OT
            3b- #69 Sainristill CB
            4a- #105 Rice WR
            4b- #110 Lloyd RB
            5- #140 Green CB
            6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Good question BC,
              1. Puni- Kansas
              3. Glaze- Maryland
              4. Jones- Texas
              5. Coleman- TCU

well.... Puni 'n Laumea may be starters, but @guard and not tackle me thinx, and ftr and fwiw.... do think the both of Grable 'n Fisher could end up starting @tackle ??

Comment

• SuperChargedRodney37
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2024
                • Send PM

well.... Puni 'n Laumea may be starters, but @guard and not tackle me thinx, and ftr and fwiw.... do think the both of Grable 'n Fisher could end up starting @tackle ??
                Possibly, but I'm not sure they are drafting a lineman with the intent they start for this team in 2024. Could it happen sure, but I don't think it is a must for them going into 2024. The line isn't as bad as people are making it out to be.
                Harbaugh even mentioned McFadden as a possible future Center. I trust he really believes in this, and they may not even address a straight center in this draft.
                Center is the position Harbaughs Michigan Teams had drafted most in the first 3 rounds of the draft with 3.

Just to be clear. Any lineman they draft in those middle rounds I believe the intent is for them to grow into starters. The question is when and how soon.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2021
                  • Send PM

Don’t forget RT Roger Rosengarten as well in the 4th.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                    We Are The Storm!
                    • Aug 2018
                    • Send PM

Christian Jones in the later rounds?

Comment

• Jrock1970
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2024
                      • Send PM

Which 2 or 3 recievers do y'all want the most this draft?
                      me; Harrison, Burton and A. Smith.

Comment

• Jrock1970
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Mar 2024
                        • Send PM

Just a thought......I wonder what drafting one of the top 2 Left Tackles would say to Slater? Either he's not good enough, has to compete for spot, or gets moved to right side which diminishes the value of his next contract. I believe he's more than good enough so you'd play new left tackle on right side.....diminishing his value. Wouldn't it be better to trade down and get best RT ?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Jrock1970 View Post
                          Just a thought......I wonder what drafting one of the top 2 Left Tackles would say to Slater? Either he's not good enough, has to compete for spot, or gets moved to right side which diminishes the value of his next contract. I believe he's more than good enough so you'd play new left tackle on right side.....diminishing his value. Wouldn't it be better to trade down and get best RT ?
                          Good thought and another reason Latham is interesting.
                          Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X