• Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

[QUOTE=Boltnut;n1644336]
    Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

You know it isn't Pitts. It's the QBs.
    Pitts had over 1000 yards as rookie with Matt Ryan. Since then Ryan hasn't been there.

In 2022 Pitts missed 7 games and was still 3rd on the team in receptions. 2nd guy only had 40 receptions in 17 games.
    QBs -...Mariota and Ridder. Mariota was terrible.

In 2023 he was 3rd again with Bijan in second but Pitts had 53 receptions with London leading with only 69.
    QBs ....Ridder and Heineken.

It's kinda like when I play fantasy football, I stay away from Baltimore receivers because I know there aren't going to have big stats.
    Same with Atlanta til they get a good QB.

Pitts will be better when they get a better QB. You think Keenan would have his 100 with Stick?[/QUOTE]

Yes. I understand the QB situation in Atlanta.
    It still doesn't make Pitts a better pick than Chase, Waddle, or Sewell.

And yes... KA would still get 100/1300 with Stick. Do you think Pitts is better than Keenan...?
    No way Keenan gets 100 with Stick lol..and his catch rate would be 50% because Stick made many bad throws.

No Pitts isn't better than Keenan but he is better than his stats have been with shit QBs.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2023
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

he is amazing.... but watch what he does after EVERY fricking catch????......he jaws at and taunts the defenders after every fricking play!..... he is a selfish talented head case!!!...in NFL. he will cause alot of stupid penaties!.....
      I’ll deal with that shit if you’re the next Cede Lamb.

Comment

• Berserker76
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2019
        • Send PM

he is amazing.... but watch what he does after EVERY fricking catch????......he jaws at and taunts the defenders after every fricking play!..... he is a selfish talented head case!!!...in NFL. he will cause alot of stupid penaties!.....
        You'd like to think this can be coached out of guys like this, I don't know. That's why I'd take Oduze over him, just don't need that crap in a player.

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

[QUOTE=Boltjolt;n1644361]
          Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

No way Keenan gets 100 with Stick lol..and his catch rate would be 50% because Stick made many bad throws.

No Pitts isn't better than Keenan but he is better than his stats have been with shit QBs.
          Keenan would get 100 catches with me as QB. It's what he does.
          Pitts was a classic overdraft.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2023
            • Send PM

Man I’ll draft Christian Mcafreys brother in the 7th round. For a reciever. Thats a Harbaugh guy.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

I don’t think you know the young man well enough to condemn him
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

our recent 3rd round picks include JT Woods (2022) and Tre McKitty (2021). Doritos.

However, we also drafted Kenneth Murray when we traded up to get into the steakhouse. so who knows, i do like the doritos metaphor though.
                Man, that is one stale(y) bag of Doritos. The one upside is that I expect to see better Draft picks from the new group in the 3rd and 4th round that Makes sense!
                Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Hmmm...and the NFL has stiffened the taunting penalties, so that's not good...and there IS that illegal weapons charge that Nabers luckily avoided last year...something to think about...when u draft someone in the top 10, u want to avoid any possible head cases...

Comment

• AK47
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
                    You gotta ask yourself a question is Oduze Quentin Johnston???

When I look at Romeo Oduze I see a Pro Bowler. I’m trying to make a comp. He’s strong I want to say Devante Adams. Precise route runner.

But we saw all those traits out of Quentin Johnston out of TCU big strong. Difference to me is Oudeunze looks explosive.

I don’t know tape. He looks better than Marvin Harrison Jr.

So to me. All jokes aside.

This is the Harbaugh pick and I see the Chargers drafting Romeo Oudunze. And I don’t have a problem with it.

he will catch 90 balls for 1500 yds and 12 touchdowns.

Nabers is explosive. I think Oudunze is a little more polished.

Oudunze is more Mike Williams than Quentin Johnston.
                    Oudunze is a smooth operator. Always in control and reliable.

The perceived weakness? Isn't explosive at the line of scrimmage. Will he beat press coverage? Well the question is do WR's need to consistently beat press coverage in the Chargers new run-centric offensive system? I would assume it prefers WRs with blocking ability so size helps, the ability to catch in traffic so good hands help, and if the CB presses said WR needs to run an effective fade route and most importantly consistently catch. These are Oudunze-like attributes!! Now if only we had a QB who throws accurate fade routes......oh wait?

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Man, that is one stale(y) bag of Doritos. The one upside is that I expect to see better Draft picks from the new group in the 3rd and 4th round that Makes sense!
                      Everybody is used to stale Doritos in the 3rd and 4th rounds. That's about to change.
                      Trenton Simpson, Travis Jones, Charlie Kolar, Isaiah Likely, Ben Cleveland, Justin Madubuike, Orlando Brown Jr., Mark Andrews...
                      That's who you get in the 3rd/4th round. You stockpile 3rd/4th rounders... you snap up good players that other GM's foolishly let slide.
                      It's The Raven Way. Now it will be The Charger Way. No more JT Woods and Trey Pipkins in the 3rd round.

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                        Looks like Jeremiah finally watched some Alt videos.
                        Or he simply went back and re-read Harbaugh's and Hortiz's statements from their introductory presser.
                        It's not like either of them are code-talkers. Their records are there for all to see. Run the ball. Protect the QB. Play defense.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Everybody is used to stale Doritos in the 3rd and 4th rounds. That's about to change.
                          Trenton Simpson, Travis Jones, Charlie Kolar, Isaiah Likely, Ben Cleveland, Justin Madubuike, Orlando Brown Jr., Mark Andrews...
                          That's who you get in the 3rd/4th round. You stockpile 3rd/4th rounders... you snap up good players that other GM's foolishly let slide.
                          It's The Raven Way. Now it will be The Charger Way. No more JT Woods and Trey Pipkins in the 3rd round.
                          Yep...I expect to see, if anything, trade DOWNS for picks instead of TT-style Tradeups for reaches and busts...

Comment

Working...
                          X