• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

But...but...Mel Kiper has us PASSING on Nabers, Bowers AND Alt, and picking JC Latham @#5:

image.png
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...m-enters-top-5
    Latham is probably an upgrade on Pipkins. Is that more important to winning than a quality receiver or an elite block / catch/ YAC TE?
    We can pick a RT later if H2 so desires.

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Latham is probably an upgrade on Pipkins. Is that more important to winning than a quality receiver or an elite block / catch/ YAC TE?
      We can pick a RT later if H2 so desires.
      JC Latham is way too close to a DJ Flukeresque pick in my book.... risky, risky, risky.... the more talked about three seem a lot safer and better gambit ?? !!
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

I know I'm about the only one that thinks this way but I think Pip has improved every year since his rookie year. I think, for our OL, a better Center would be the best thing for our team. I sure wouldn't feel bad if they took a ROT but I do think the #5 spot could be better used on Bowers or one of the big three WR's in this years draft.
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Final Mock in Feb? Before free agency and trades?
          SO55 is a very creative poster when it comes to heaping things one on top of another, as there is always the Final Final Mock, the Super Final Mock, and the Super Duper Final Mock (to borrow from Fleet).

gotta give the guy some cred.... we are spoiled by his takes.... there is no let up in his conviction.... he's good @keepin' on w/the keepin' on, and.... we will all know soon enough !!
          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
            I know I'm about the only one that thinks this way but I think Pip has improved every year since his rookie year. I think, for our OL, a better Center would be the best thing for our team. I sure wouldn't feel bad if they took a ROT but I do think the #5 spot could be better used on Bowers or one of the big three WR's in this years draft.
            IF they plan to move off of one or both Joey / Mack - I'd rather they "overdraft" an Edge rusher than OT at 5. I like Verse over Latu or Turner, jmo - would do more detailed scouting if it was my job but I can shoot from the hip here at TPB.

Darius Robinson is an alternative / interesting "tweener" that could seal the end or pass rush on normal plays and then slide inside on obvious pass plays, that may fit JH's vision - not sure. He's looking like a Rd2 prospect but whispers are he is moving up some boards

OC is top OL need - just needs to be later in draft, insufficient value at 5 and insufficient difference in team performance if we take OC prospect #1 vs OC prospect #5.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

SO55 is a very creative poster when it comes to heaping things one on top of another, as there is always the Final Final Mock, the Super Final Mock, and the Super Duper Final Mock (to borrow from Fleet).

gotta give the guy some cred.... we are spoiled by his takes.... there is no let up in his conviction.... he's good @keepin' on w/the keepin' on, and.... we will all know soon enough !!
              Ah, so its his version 1 of his final mock? Got it!

Got to say....his conviction dont hold a candle to yours. You never waver on your guys. S055 flips flops when he sees tape of others which is easy to do. Seems he is catching up on that....not a bad thing. Im still finding out on some guys as well if i see names i havent really watched much. Not an avid year round looker as much as the offseason.We still got time. So many options and opinions.

The soon enough cant get here soon enough! Combine workouts start today!

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2023
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

But...but...Mel Kiper has us PASSING on Nabers, Bowers AND Alt, and picking JC Latham @#5:

image.png
                https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...m-enters-top-5
                Kipper doesn’t know. Kipers an idiot. Kipers wrong.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2023
                  • Send PM

One factor I think you guys haven’t thought about. Malike Nabers might be the best option at 5.

Hear me out. The reason Horowitz said help the running game best player available Protect Herbert.

Why Roman said Run the ball and run.

What helps running game even more then a good running back. Run Run Run

An elite WR that’s Malike Nabers/Tyreke Hill. Take the cover off the top over the top.

You stack the box to stop the run then we Herbert destroy you over the top with Nabers and Herbert.

Now you start sending guys back. playing soft because you have to respect over the top. You can’t bring the safety up to stop the run. And we’ll just run you and run you.

With that elite WR reciever Me you any of you can run behind that. It even helps an average offensive line. It makes the 49ers you gotta still respect Aiuk Kittle and Samuel.

So even a Bowers makes you do that. It’s why the Patriots were so successful running the football. With Laurette Blount.

So that’s my theory why an elite WR or TE would help this offense more than a lineman. Defense can’t be agressive against your run offense with skill guys back there.

To make it easier for you. If the Ravens had Tyreke Hill they’d be able to run whenever. It’s why Archane is so good in Miami.

That’s why Pacheco is so good in Kansas City. You’re on your toes with Rice and Kelce so Mahomes can just run because your concerned with him throwing it over the top.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2023
                    • Send PM

Don’t be concerned with Kiper he’s just being a troll. I’m happy all these guys are saying that. That means we are putting the narrative out that we are taking a lineman.

And we go the other way and take Bowers or Nabers.

I hope it’s Nabers. This tape is great. And I think the talent is so good it rivals Marvin Harrison Jr. seeing what he did with Jayden Daniels. Can you imagine what he does with Justin Herbert?

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

JC Latham is way too close to a DJ Flukeresque pick in my book.... risky, risky, risky.... the more talked about three seem a lot safer and better gambit ?? !!
                      It would also be the first pick from our new GM since Telesco's first pick when he was our new GM.

Way too much bad juju to risk.
                      I won't regret seeing Latham as an elite OT later in with anyone else.
                      2024: Far From Over

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2023
                        • Send PM

Kris Jenkins would be a great pick for us in the second round.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2020
                          • Oklahoma
                          • Send PM

Some might shoot me for this one. Bengals come up for Bowers plus 2 more trade downs in the 1st.

IMG_1508.png

Comment

Working...
                          X