• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Well, the Bears DON'T have a 2nd rounder to help them trade up from #9 to #5, and that's a problem. If they could trade down from #1 to #3 and snag a 2nd rounder, I'd take that pick and their 3rd rounder to trade down from #5 to #9...OR, I take their 3rd and 4th rounder THIS year and NEXT year's 1st rounder...THAT might work...but I'd rather get at least an extra 2nd rounder in any trade down scenario.

image.png
    They will when they trade Fields. Our they will get a 3rd for him and have 2 thirds.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

They will when they trade Fields. Our they will get a 3rd for him and have 2 thirds.
      One rumor is Fields to the Falcons for #43...Okay, I'd trade down from #5 to #9 for #43 and #75...If they think that's too steep a price, we throw in that 6th rounder we got from the Cheatriots to sweeten the pot...I might even do it for the 2nd rounder and the Bears 4th rounder...I just want to be sure we get a 2nd rounder in any trade down deal...a 2nd rounder is usually a starter...and 3rd rounder, maybe a starter...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
        this draft reminds me a bit of when I had Tristan Wirfs, and despite that Ninja didn't think much of him and had him slotted in the thirties, and.... a good lot of us were debating the merits of the top four tackles, and despite that there was this guy named.... Justin Herbert in our midst.

some here wanted to trade the farm for Burrows, and most wanted to stay clear of Tua, but the reviews were mixed on Herbo.... ??

not so dissimilar to nowadays, as some of us are debating which top tackle would best serve us, and all the while there are three top flight wideouts in the mix as well ?? somewhat similar, no.... ??

the lady or the tiger.... the tackle or the wideout ??

ps. and my apologies to the Bowers crowd.... there's him as well,

Let's get it just right Bruddah.

I remember it well.
        Now here's 2024.

There was Tristan Wirfs. Jedrick Wills. Mekhi Becton. Andrew Thomas. Austin Jackson. Very hit or miss.

I am gonna be undecided right up to the draft. Trenches ? EDGE ? CB ? Playmaker ?

I implore everyone to look at video on a broad spectrum of prospects and check in at TPB with your takes.

Just exactly how good are your guys ?
        How do they fit our system and roster build ?
        C'mon we need the details !
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
          • Send PM

Watching Tanner McLachlan...highlights and full game vs Washington.

I like him a lot. Catches the ball nicely, blocks with tenacity, always playing hard. Decent contact balance, makes football moves after the catch...not a dynamic YAC guy, but not an easy tackle, either...

Shortish arms, and lacks raw power behind his tenacity...mostly gets the job done by interferring with the would be tackler, vs actually successfully blocking them/winning....and sometimes gets pushed around in press.

Lotta upside...Ben Herbert needs to get him on the clean full time, put some steel in his core...but really like this kid day 3.
          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

One rumor is Fields to the Falcons for #43...Okay, I'd trade down from #5 to #9 for #43 and #75...If they think that's too steep a price, we throw in that 6th rounder we got from the Cheatriots to sweeten the pot...I might even do it for the 2nd rounder and the Bears 4th rounder...I just want to be sure we get a 2nd rounder in any trade down deal...a 2nd rounder is usually a starter...and 3rd rounder, maybe a starter...
            I think thats a good trade to go from 5 to 9 with the Bears. I misread it first - but yes, a 2nd and third. And you are right, if the Chargers have to flip back a 6th to make that deal - I would do it. I might even be open to flipping back a 5th if the deal is is truly the Falcons 2nd rounder and the Bears 3rd rounder, plus pick 9 for the Chargers pick in R1-5.

I think the Chargers will have opportunities to trade back but you are right - they need toget a 2nd rounder - or at worst a 3rd and 4th this year and a 2025 Day 2 pick

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Trubisky. Trey Lance. Brock Purdy. Cautionary tales that can cause teams to stay put.
              There is enough QB talent for them to wait and pick from whoever is on the board at their current spot. The QB trades, if any. may come at the end of round one. Pick 37 will be particularly interesting.
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Eurobolt
                *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                • Sep 2018
                • Send PM

Latest The A mock
                5. Chicago Bears (from LAC)*: Rome Odunze, WR, Washington

Projected trade: Bears send No. 9, No. 75 and a 2025 fourth-rounder to the Chargers for No. 5

We picked Fuaga at 9.

I would trade down again with that 9 if possible.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post
                  Latest The A mock
                  5. Chicago Bears (from LAC)*: Rome Odunze, WR, Washington

Projected trade: Bears send No. 9, No. 75 and a 2025 fourth-rounder to the Chargers for No. 5

We picked Fuaga at 9.

I would trade down again with that 9 if possible.
                  I saw that mock from Dane Bugler - maybe he was using a different points chart - but using the Jimmy Johnson point chart - that is a terrible trade for the Chargers only getting a 3rd and a future 4th for moving down 4 spots

I don't mind the pick. I don't mind trading down with the Bears - but need much more value.

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                      Bowers and extra picks at 9 works for me

Fuaga and extra picks at 9 works for me

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Jared Verse/Age
                        23 years
                        November 4, 2000

Laiatu Latu/Age
                        23 years
                        December 31, 2000

Dallas Turner/Age
                        21 years
                        February 2, 2003

Verse and Latu are rated as highly as or higher than Turner based on their strength and physicality now. But give Turner two more years in the weight room and he’ll be far better than them based on his strength, physicality and athleticism.

Turner is my No1 rated ED based on projected future production. When he further develops his leg strength and adds a few pounds of muscle, he looks to be a monster. And give him a year with either Mack or Bosa to learn the tricks of the trade. Wow, a little advanced technique too.

I’m salivating.

Overview

Long and athletic with the explosive traits needed to become an impactful NFL pass rusher. Turner’s first-step quickness and elite closing burst are important building blocks, but he still needs to work on his process from Point A to Point B. He hasn’t learned to create the space and angles needed to consistently attack the edges, but that should come with better hand development and a more diversified approach. A team would be wise to widen him out and allow him a better runway to ignite his burst and overwhelm tackles with his speed. He’s added 20 pounds since coming to Alabama, but he struggles at times to stack and shed run blockers or set a firm edge. Turner’s frame and game are much less developed than Will Anderson Jr.’s coming out of Alabama last year, so it could take time for him to make his mark as a starting 3-4 outside linebacker.

Sources Tell Us

“He’s such a talented athlete. One of the biggest mistakes people make is looking past athletic ability and focusing too much on technique or polish when they come out. Just look for ‘dudes’ and coach the rest of it.” - NFC executive
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                          Jared Verse/Age
                          23 years
                          November 4, 2000

Laiatu Latu/Age
                          23 years
                          December 31, 2000

Dallas Turner/Age
                          21 years
                          February 2, 2003

Verse and Latu are rated as highly as or higher than Turner based on their strength and physicality now. But give Turner two more years in the weight room and he’ll be far better than them based on his strength, physicality and athleticism.

Turner is my No1 rated ED based on projected future production. When he further develops his leg strength and adds a few pounds of muscle, he looks to be a monster. And give him a year with either Mack or Bosa to learn the tricks of the trade. Wow, a little advanced technique too.

I’m salivating.

Overview

Long and athletic with the explosive traits needed to become an impactful NFL pass rusher. Turner’s first-step quickness and elite closing burst are important building blocks, but he still needs to work on his process from Point A to Point B. He hasn’t learned to create the space and angles needed to consistently attack the edges, but that should come with better hand development and a more diversified approach. A team would be wise to widen him out and allow him a better runway to ignite his burst and overwhelm tackles with his speed. He’s added 20 pounds since coming to Alabama, but he struggles at times to stack and shed run blockers or set a firm edge. Turner’s frame and game are much less developed than Will Anderson Jr.’s coming out of Alabama last year, so it could take time for him to make his mark as a starting 3-4 outside linebacker.

Sources Tell Us

“He’s such a talented athlete. One of the biggest mistakes people make is looking past athletic ability and focusing too much on technique or polish when they come out. Just look for ‘dudes’ and coach the rest of it.” - NFC executive
                          Turners best traits, mainly speed and agility, would give us the type of passrusher we dont currently have in the toolbox...not advocating, just a point of interest...
                          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X