• Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

No it isnt. Recievers are like RBs, you can get a good one all over the draft....and again, this class is deep. Im sure the Rams hated to wait til round 5 to get Nacua in a weaker WR class,.... and Kupp in round 3 in his draft year.

Just be glad that Telesco isnt drafting for us anymore. We are ahead of the game just from that. Hec even the blind squirell Telesco got Keenan in round 3. Now if need to find a TE , some OL and a WR later. I wouldnt be upset if we drafted Jerry Rice's kid in round 3 or 4....among others in those rounds.

The Ravens have drafted two TEs in three different drafts. Odds are higher we draft Bowers than the recievers in round 1. Whats Chargering about getting Bowers? And trading down to do it.
    This for sure...I still believe there will be SOLID talent available in the third round and if we pass on that we will look stupid. I'd rather we pass on RB than pass up another solid target for our QB. If Mike is gone then yeah, we have a receiver problem. I think Brian Thomas is a solid Mike Williams replacement if we trade down and get another second rounder I would have no problems with that pick as well.
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

This for sure...I still believe there will be SOLID talent available in the third round and if we pass on that we will look stupid. I'd rather we pass on RB than pass up another solid target for our QB. If Mike is gone then yeah, we have a receiver problem. I think Brian Thomas is a solid Mike Williams replacement if we trade down and get another second rounder I would have no problems with that pick as well.
      You are likely right that there’s more WR talent in this draft than RB. But we need RB1 more than we need WR4. And if the same folk talking OT in Rd1 don’t see the other half of what a run game needs, well - idunno. jmho.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Mock of the day. My “what if” simulation. Our biggest need is C, so I went after a C. Part of the simulation was to see if a T popped up in the 2nd. When Suamataia was there, my draft was made. He’s not a day 1 starter, but has tremendous athleticism and upside especially as a run blocker. With quality DTs in the 2nd and 3rd, this is a solid, build the lines draft, a great start for the Harbaugh era. Adding 2 -2s next year when we have more cap space is the cherry on top.

IMG_0167.jpg
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

You are likely right that there’s more WR talent in this draft than RB. But we need RB1 more than we need WR4. And if the same folk talking OT in Rd1 don’t see the other half of what a run game needs, well - idunno. jmho.
          Who says that WR 4 isn't #2 starting next season and maybe #1 if you draft Brian Thomas for example. RBs are a dime a dozen player which can be picked up anywhere. Picking up really really good receiver talent is harder to get in thin years. We over drafted a question mark and now Mike could be a goner so yeah "Houston we have a Problem"....

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Who says that WR 4 isn't #2 starting next season and maybe #1 if you draft Brian Thomas for example. RBs are a dime a dozen player which can be picked up anywhere. Picking up really really good receiver talent is harder to get in thin years. We over drafted a question mark and now Mike could be a goner so yeah "Houston we have a Problem"....
            Except TT was never able to find that RB anywhere. But maybe that’s just TT.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Except TT was never able to find that RB anywhere. But maybe that’s just TT.
              I think that he was one of the most clueless GMs out there and had some good insights that were incredibly lucky because of where he was picking. Running back was not one of them and Austin Eckler was another lucky pick-up.

Comment

• AK47
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2019
                • Send PM

Trey Benson at 104? I think he will be long gone before that pick #. More power to yah if you can get him at 104 but I think that's a stretch. Better have a few other RBs on your list if you wait to 104.
                Mock simulator had him available. That said I've seen multiple other sources having him in round 3.

3rd round: https://yardsperfantasy.com/trey-ben...ookie-profile/

3rd round: https://www.nfl.com/news/three-round...son-in-round-3

3rd round: https://www.cincyjungle.com/2024/2/1...jerzhan-newton

4th round: https://primetimesportstalk.com/2024...t-trey-benson/

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

We have cycled dozens of RBs thru the org and haven’t had a legitimate RB in years.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                    Mock of the day. My “what if” simulation. Our biggest need is C, so I went after a C. Part of the simulation was to see if a T popped up in the 2nd. When Suamataia was there, my draft was made. He’s not a day 1 starter, but has tremendous athleticism and upside especially as a run blocker. With quality DTs in the 2nd and 3rd, this is a solid, build the lines draft, a great start for the Harbaugh era. Adding 2 -2s next year when we have more cap space is the cherry on top.

IMG_0167.jpg
                    Trading back from #5 to #15, reaching for Powers (who I like), and getting only a mid round 2nd .......I think you got bamboozled.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Trading back from #5 to #15, reaching for Powers (who I like), and getting only a mid round 2nd .......I think you got bamboozled.
                      And 2-2s and a 4 next year.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• electricgold
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2020
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

QB? I dont think McCaffrey has any value as a QB. I know he played QB in college early but clearly he had to switch possitions if he wanted to make it in the NFL.
                        Lol I mean wr...type o

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Thomas is a first rounder most likely. We don't have a receiver problem if we lose MW. Just draft a guy. RB will be important.

Maybe you haven't heard they want to run the ball which helps Herbert more than another WR.
                          I'm not sure some understand what the new offense will look like.

I'm just going to try and let this WR 1st round talk go. You will see what this offense is going to do.

Comment

Working...
                          X