• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

What if they can sign RB Barkley or Josh Jacobs and draft Jaylen Wright?

Something like this could be a pretty good one two punch based on how Harbaugh loves to run the ball?!

Well, who knows but I don't think we are spending on a RB like that, or any free agent like that.
    Barkley id bet goes back to NY. They paid him 10 - 12 m last year. We aren't offering that for a RB. Imo anyway.

But I like to be surprised.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

What if they can sign RB Barkley or Josh Jacobs and draft Jaylen Wright?

Something like this could be a pretty good one two punch based on how Harbaugh loves to run the ball?!

I wouldn’t be opposed to that as long as they can clear up as much space as possible. In all honesty, I don’t think they need either one of those RBs to have a great rushing attack. JK Dobbins is a RB I can see them going after for a 1 year prove it deal. I think you get Dobbins in with Ben Herbert and see what happens.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2023
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

I’d be ok with them taking Jaylen Wright in the 3rd. If they can bring in Gus Edwards and draft Wright, that would be a win win in my book. I also think Spiller will be better this year under this regime.
        I like spiller a lot with good coaching from Harbaugh and Roman.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post

He would be off of my draft board.
          LOL That’s a long drop for a poor combine.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

post combine, don't think my draft strategy has changed much @all....

don't want to trade down, as want to make sure I get Fuaga.... ahead of any other OT and any WR.

and all in on Connor Williams in FA, as only have eyes for T'Vondre round two, as would take him over any OC or CB.

after that my list is S Cole Bishop, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, LB Cedric Gray, and.... hoping we get enough xtra pix to swoop up the all of 'em,
            5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Icebolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2023
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
              I like the trade down with the Vikings. We do need a CB.

Vikings don't have the draft capital to trade up. they are looking to add picks. I don't see then as a good fit.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

LOL That’s a long drop for a poor combine.
                well,. he did run it twice .

He'll be a serviceable back, I just see faster backs in the draft that can do what he can do plus put some downfield pressure on defenses. LBs and Safeties will learn they can cheat up on him and not risk getting burned, i fear. Just don't need a slow RB when there's so many other options.
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

I hear (here at TPB) that Zach Frazier sucks. huh.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Hope yer right, but I still want to draft at least one solid RB and sign one in FA...

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

I like his chances of improving with S&C Herbert, RB coach Kiel MacDonald as well as our HC- OC. It's a good environment for a young RB, I wish him well.

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Icebolt View Post

Vikings don't have the draft capital to trade up. they are looking to add picks. I don't see then as a good fit.
                        They need a franchise QB if Kirk leaves.

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

TL;DR version:
                          Poppers picks

Round 1, Pick 5: Malik Nabers, WR, LSU

Round 2, Pick 37: Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia

Round 3, Pick 69: Blake Corum, RB, Michigan

Round 4, Pick 106: Cam Hart, CB, Notre Dame

Round 5, Pick 139: Matt Goncalves, OL, Pittsburgh

Round 6, Pick 183: AJ Barner, TE, Michigan

Round 7, Pick 223: Javontae Jean-Baptiste, Edge, Notre Dame

Round 7, Pick 256: Justin Rogers, DT, Auburn

Context before write up:
                          This is the first of four mock drafts I will be publishing from now until the NFL Draftat the end of April. The second will publish after the first wave of free agency later this month. The third and fourth mock drafts will publish in April in the lead-up to the draft — with the final one serving as my best guess at what I think will happen.

The first three mocks, including this one, will give us a chance to work through several different scenarios and prospects that make sense for the Chargers.

The exercises this year will be a little more challenging for two main reasons:

1. There is a new regime in place with coach Jim Harbaugh and general manager Joe Hortiz. Harbaugh last made an NFL draft pick in 2014. Hortiz will be making his first pick as an NFL GM. We just do not have a lot of data to try and project how this pairing will operate. Compare that to previous Chargers GM Tom Telesco. We had more than a decade of picks to use. I had covered Telesco for five seasons. There was a ton of information to draw on in terms of prospect fits and roster construction. Predicting the draft involves a lot of educated guesswork, and I am flying more blindly this year than in years past.

2. The Chargers’ list of needs is extensive. They could use additional talent in every position group on the roster. That includes quarterback because they do not have a backup for Justin Herbert. Filling all those needs in one draft will be impossible. To take it even further, filling all of those needs in one offseason will be impossible. And so I had to prioritize based on the prospects available.

One final note before we dive in: Since this is our first mock of the offseason, I decided to make all the Chargers’ picks as they are currently slated. The picks in Rounds 4 to 7 are projected and will not be official until the NFL announces the compensatory picks closer to the draft. A trade down in the first round is absolutely an option, but we will have plenty of time to dive into those scenarios in later mocks and other draft-related stories.

Comment

Working...
                          X