Clear All
  • Mister Hoarse
    No Sir, I Dont Like It
    • Jun 2013
    • Section 457
    • Migrant Film Worker
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
    I dont think most people expected a big shell-out for people, but I'm pretty sure Donald Brown and Kellen Clemens to be the names or even vectors for off-the-bat signings.
    I really like the approach. Low mileage players with usable skills that fit well, for cheap.
    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
    sigpic

Comment

• Maverick
      (Coryellian)
      • Jun 2013
      • Point Loma
      • Send PM

Trade up for Sammy Watkins!

Comment

• UtahBolt
        Did we win?
        • Jun 2013
        • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
        • Send PM

If we trade up...I say we trade up for Barr!
        I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• QSmokey
          Guardedly Optimistic
          • Jun 2013
          • Kuna, Idaho
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
          Trade up for Sammy Watkins!
          Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
          If we trade up...I say we trade up for Barr!
          Why stop there? Trade up for Clowney. LOL!

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

The way the mocks are looking (deceptive for sure, but), if our choice is between Nix and Cooks @ 25... well dang. I'd be happy with either.

Comment

• QSmokey
              Guardedly Optimistic
              • Jun 2013
              • Kuna, Idaho
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
              The way the mocks are looking (deceptive for sure, but), if our choice is between Nix and Cooks @ 25... well dang. I'd be happy with either.
              Same here. But...which one would you take if they were BOTH sitting there @25???

Edit: I misread your post. I guess you don't care. Flip a coin? I'd take Nix.

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Both are needs IMO. Can Nix sub in at DE ala Thomas? Can Cooks return kicks at this level? Which player would be up to speed quicker, which would have the greater longevity, can we effectively address the position not chosen in later rounds, etc. I'll leave all that to TT, but not seeing the need to trade up in the 1st (but maybe in the second...?).

Comment

• QSmokey
                  Guardedly Optimistic
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kuna, Idaho
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

A 2-round mock.

Charger picks:

25. San Diego Chargers — Notre Dame NT Louis Nix III
                  Cam Thomas moved on, leaving the biggest hole in the middle of the Chargers’ defense. Yes, the secondary can use some help, and the tight salary-cap situation has made it tough to add players on the back end. But you don’t play the 3-4 defense and invest heavily in your two inside linebackers if you can’t shield blockers in front of them. Nix would be a good fit for the role with his mass (331 pounds) and strength, and his penetrative abilities would be a good fit for John Pagano’s defense — that is, if Nix has proven to the Chargers he can take on double teams.

I love the "Cam Thomas moved on" comment. The guy was no great shakes, so we're GLAD he moved on.

57. San Diego Chargers — Utah CB Keith McGill
                  A reach perhaps, but long corners are all the rage and he’d help combat the big AFC West wideouts.

I'm sure UtahBolt can comment on this pick.

Here's the full mock: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...150338359.html

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                    A 2-round mock.

Charger picks:

25. San Diego Chargers — Notre Dame NT Louis Nix III
                    Cam Thomas moved on, leaving the biggest hole in the middle of the Chargers’ defense. Yes, the secondary can use some help, and the tight salary-cap situation has made it tough to add players on the back end. But you don’t play the 3-4 defense and invest heavily in your two inside linebackers if you can’t shield blockers in front of them. Nix would be a good fit for the role with his mass (331 pounds) and strength, and his penetrative abilities would be a good fit for John Pagano’s defense — that is, if Nix has proven to the Chargers he can take on double teams.

I love the "Cam Thomas moved on" comment. The guy was no great shakes, so we're GLAD he moved on.

57. San Diego Chargers — Utah CB Keith McGill
                    A reach perhaps, but long corners are all the rage and he’d help combat the big AFC West wideouts.

I'm sure UtahBolt can comment on this pick.

Here's the full mock: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...150338359.html
                    I'll take that draft.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

I was saying this when he was considered a 4 rounder months ago. With a capable college qb hes probably pushing top 3 WRs in the draft.

NFL Films' Greg Cosell stated on the Ross Tucker Podcast that he sees "style" similarities between Ole Miss WR Donte Moncrief, and Demaryius Thomas and Josh Gordon on Moncrief's college tape.
                      Cosell made it clear he wasn't wholeheartedly comparing Moncrief to Thomas and Gordon, but did liken their playing styles. "I really, really like this kid," Cosell said. "He's a big, physical kid who can run." Cosell also hinted he sees Moncrief as talented enough to be a "No. 1" NFL receiver. Moncrief measured 6-foot-2, 221 at February's Scouting Combine. His official forty time was 4.40.

Comment

• thelightningwill
                        Go Aztecs and Pads
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

Ladies and Gentlemen: Is this Gregory Cosell telling it like it is? Wait a minute! Wait a minute! He could go all the way. Yes! He did it. A 4.40 40 time. Down goes the 40! Down goes the 40!

Comment

• Beerman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Eastlake
                          • Send PM

I don't buy us reaching for a "long" corner when we don't play press man very often.

Comment

Working...
                          X