• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Panamamike
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

wow. Thin skin in this board. I actually find the comments and reactions quite amusing. I do not agree with much that Yuba says, but in some points I do. everyone taking small comments out of context, on both sides. The doldrums of the offseason are creating quite a group think. is his insistance on the need and value of upgrading the NT position really that different than others insistence on a high pick at WR? personally I value improving our pass rush and coverage over both. My ideal would be the first three picks going to pass rush, corner, and NT. The order being dependent in how the draft plays out. My preference being OLB in the first as I think the value drops off fastest at that position in this draft. I also agree that due to his size, and us already having Williams, I would rather we not draft Verrett. Yes, I think he is a good CB, but we have a similar guy on our roster. No, I do not want a smurf defensive backfield, so would prefer a corner like Fuller, or the kid from Rice, Gains even later if need be. I think Gaines is highly under-rated. Another guy to look at, if he clears medically, is the DT from Florida. He could be a steal in the third. Regardless, I have faith that TT knows which holes need to be filled, and will have a flexible plan to address them in the draft.

Comment

• Panamamike
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
      I was never a college coach, but I have long been the type of coach who gets drunk in bars and yells profanity-laden advice at TV screens.
      I resemble that description as well.

Comment

• thelightningwill
        Go Aztecs and Pads
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
        wow. Thin skin in this board. I actually find the comments and reactions quite amusing. I do not agree with much that Yuba says, but in some points I do. everyone taking small comments out of context, on both sides. The doldrums of the offseason are creating quite a group think. is his insistance on the need and value of upgrading the NT position really that different than others insistence on a high pick at WR? personally I value improving our pass rush and coverage over both. My ideal would be the first three picks going to pass rush, corner, and NT. The order being dependent in how the draft plays out. My preference being OLB in the first as I think the value drops off fastest at that position in this draft. I also agree that due to his size, and us already having Williams, I would rather we not draft Verrett. Yes, I think he is a good CB, but we have a similar guy on our roster. No, I do not want a smurf defensive backfield, so would prefer a corner like Fuller, or the kid from Rice, Gains even later if need be. I think Gaines is highly under-rated. Another guy to look at, if he clears medically, is the DT from Florida. He could be a steal in the third. Regardless, I have faith that TT knows which holes need to be filled, and will have a flexible plan to address them in the draft.
        A Smurf defensive backfield would match the uniforms.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

I was never a college coach, but I have long been the type of coach who gets drunk in bars and yells profanity-laden advice at TV screens.
          Holy crap, I wasn't even drunk when I did it. Weird.
          For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Panama
            パナマ
            • Aug 2013
            • London
            • Opera singer and web developer.
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
            What you like tossing the hotdog down the hallway? Norvs a big pussy!
            Sorry, I was referring to the size of the bun, not the dog.
            Adipose

Comment

• Panama
              パナマ
              • Aug 2013
              • London
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
              You guys are going to make me start drinking.
              I can recommend some lovely Scotch, bourbon, and rum. After tomorrow night I can join you.
              Adipose

Comment

• Panamamike
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
                I can recommend some lovely Scotch, bourbon, and rum. After tomorrow night I can join you.
                I am partial to Zacapa 23 y old rum myself.

Comment

• Panama
                  パナマ
                  • Aug 2013
                  • London
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
                  I am partial to Zacapa 23 y old rum myself.
                  Adipose

Comment

• thelightningwill
                    Go Aztecs and Pads
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

Drink electric Kool-Aid and hope for the best player available.

Comment

• Steve
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • South Carolina
                      • Meteorologist
                      • Send PM

In my brief collegiate coaching stint, I always coached the tackler to drive his shoulder through the ball carrier's body and wrap up, with the helmet on the ball side and always see what you're hitting (to prevent neck injury). I was never comfortable coaching facemask into chest.
                      Make sure to get the latest tackling techniques by visiting usafootball.com/certification.

I used the same technique as you when I was a player, and still believe if it is fairly safe. The only problem I have with it, it is difficult to practice without taking the guy to the ground, and the NFL doesn't allow you to practice that anymore except in full contact practices. And even if they did, teams don't, because it kept getting guys hurt in practice taking guys to the ground all the time.

The link I posted is the "new" way that is being recommended, in large part because it reduces head injuries. I'm not sure I buy thatcompletely. But, in the NFL, I think you can practice it more, and you will just get better tackling as a result. Seattle gave people the roadmap. You practice tackling every day, and then you don't give up a lot of cheap yards from missed tackles, and that is what makes the Seahawks defense so aggressive, because inherently their scheme is not. Their players and coaches make it aggressive by being fundamentally sound.

Comment

• bonehead
                        Undrafted
                        • Jul 2013
                        • TBD
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Did the teams respond to your motivational techniques?
                        Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                          No Sir, I Dont Like It
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Section 457
                          • Migrant Film Worker
                          • Send PM

Sorry, I was referring to the size of the bun, not the dog.
                          Remember.. it's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the d... oh wait, that's fights.
                          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X