Clear All
  • Panama
    パナマ
    • Aug 2013
    • London
    • Opera singer and web developer.
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Yubaking View Post
    Technique is mostly irrelevant if the ball is thrown up to where the bigger man can shield with his body...
    Um, dude, that's called technique. (sigh)
    Adipose

Comment

• Panama
      パナマ
      • Aug 2013
      • London
      • Send PM

I disagree with your description of "technique".
      You can disagree all you want; you are still wrong. The definition of "technique" is not debatable.
      Adipose

Comment

• Panama
        パナマ
        • Aug 2013
        • London
        • Send PM

I would have nightmares if Telesco attempted to bring that soft, pussy Colts type dumb ass Tampa-2 defense to our team. The thought of watching other teams shove it up our asses on the ground in the playoffs like teams did so many times to those Colts teams disgusts me. The approach is just about 180 degrees opposite of the big, physical and intimidating defense I would want us to have.
        (1) Nobody is advocating a switch to the Tampa 2 defense.

(2) The '70s are over. Get over it.
        Adipose

Comment

• Originally posted by Yubaking View Post
          Dude, you did get that Steve was saying that Revis and Verrett were similar in terms of a size comparison? The reality is that they are not. Revis is an average sized CB. Verrett is a small CB. They do not have the same height or body type. The part you bolded was my pointing that out to Steve, nothing more.

Comment

• In related news, there are 21 days, 10 hours and 54 minutes until the NFL draft.

Comment

• Steve
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • South Carolina
              • Meteorologist
              • Send PM

Dude, you did get that Steve was saying that Revis and Verrett were similar in terms of a size comparison? The reality is that they are not. Revis is an average sized CB. Verrett is a small CB. They do not have the same height or body type. The part you bolded was my pointing that out to Steve, nothing more.
              2 inches?

Really

On 2 men that are almost 6' tall, you are quibbling over 2" (probably less than that if you consider those heights are rounded to the nearest inch) and you don't even know their arm length or verticals? Really.

You need to learn something about math, error/uncertainty and percentages, because you are making a mountain our of a molehill.

Comment

• Yubaking
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
                Um, dude, that's called technique. (sigh)
                Holy crap! The technique I was discussing with the above quoted word "technique" was the technique of the CB, not the WR. Stunning, just stunning.

Comment

• Yubaking
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

You can disagree all you want; you are still wrong. The definition of "technique" is not debatable.
                  Since your previous post proved that you did not even comprehend what I was referring to when I used the word "technique", it is no surprise that you drew the wrong conclusion here.

Comment

• Yubaking
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

(1) Nobody is advocating a switch to the Tampa 2 defense.

(2) The '70s are over. Get over it.
                    Keep perpetuating that myth about my wanting us to have a 70s style defense even though I have said repeatedly that I want us to run a 3-4 in the way that we ran it in 2006 on multiple occasions. And I would add that I wouldn't be opposed to us borrowing some blitz schemes used by some of the Steelers team over the last decade.

Comment

• Panamamike
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                      Body size, arm length, 40 time... All the CASUAL observer needs to know...

I want FOOTBALL PLAYERS! GUYS WITH MORE HART AND GUTS THAN $$$ IN THEIR HEADS.
                      How do you find that from your keyboard Yubba?
                      I fail to see where YUBA said he did not want the high intangibles, like football intelligence and heart. I would prefer a CB that is not small as well, if all else is fairly equal. We already have one in Williams. Will he pan out, no idea yet, but the draft is a crap shoot for every team. I believe TT is as prepared as they come. I am confident he is going to shore up some weak points via the draft. I fully expect it to be a D heavy draft. I think our first 3 picks will be on D.

Comment

• Panamamike
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Keep perpetuating that myth about my wanting us to have a 70s style defense even though I have said repeatedly that I want us to run a 3-4 in the way that we ran it in 2006 on multiple occasions. And I would add that I wouldn't be opposed to us borrowing some blitz schemes used by some of the Steelers team over the last decade.
                        I have to agree with this. I want a 3/4 D in the steelers mode. We need more pass rushers. It takes the heat off of our CB and will help create more turnovers. It is interesting that Pitt did not normally drAft CB High in the draft, rather got guys that fit their scheme in the mid rounds. The Giants D the past decade (minus last year when they lacked pass rush) is another D I liked. Being able to get pressure is my #1 want, and our teams #1 need IMO.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                          X