• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Allot of time goes into the depth of position in the draft, but who annalizes the need by position of a paticular draft?
    Go Rivers!

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Yubaking View Post
      We agree that a taller defender is preferable. Why? Because all other things being equal, there are plays that the taller player can make that the shorter one cannot.

I said "on some plays" because there will be plenty of plays on which the QB and/or WR do not execute the play. Even Rivers only completes around 70% of his passes. Sometimes the QB will make an overthrow, the QB will not put the ball where only his guy can get it or the receiver will fail to make the catch.

But if you took a bigger WR and smaller CB of the types we are talking about and determined what portion of the catch radius could be negated and what part could not be negated, I think the tendency, all other things being equal, is for the bigger CB to be able to cover up more of the catch radius area than the smaller CB. And when you have a comparatively big open catch radius because the receiver is big and the defender is small, offensive players are going to be able to exploit that to a greater degree than they would be able to exploit a smaller remaining catch radius.

The reason I asked you earlier about the one tenth of a second disadvantage in the 40 was because although Verrett and Fuller are both fast, Verrett is about a tenth of a second faster. I think Fuller is at least as good as (maybe better than) Verrett against both the run and the pass and he is almost 3" bigger and has arms that are about 2" longer. If all things are deemed equal, then why not Fuller over Verrett?
      You "think" is about the extent of it.

I'm not interested in your intellectual meanderings that are not evidence-based, demonstrate a lack of actual football knowledge and consist of a series of unjustified condescensions.

Gill Byrd 5'11" 195

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
        No Sir, I Dont Like It
        • Jun 2013
        • Section 457
        • Migrant Film Worker
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
        You "think" is about the extent of it.

I'm not interested in your intellectual meanderings that are not evidence-based, demonstrate a lack of actual football knowledge and consist of a series of unjustified condescensions.

Gill Byrd 5'11" 195
        But you've replied eleventy hundreth times...
        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
        sigpic

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
          I think that's a fair critique, despite your weak mathematical skills LOL. However, I have tried over 3 or 4 of these Yuba vs The World deals to try to give him the benefit of the doubt. I've tried to give him a chance to prove his point or at least make one good one. Maybe I'm slow on the uptake, but it's clear that he's not really capable and I've overestimated him or extended too much courtesy. It always boils down to how misunderstood he is and how he never said that or others don't understand. Lesson learned.

Comment

• bonehead
            Undrafted
            • Jul 2013
            • TBD
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
            Feed the monkey
            Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
              Grammar Police
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Or spank the Monkey depending on your perspective
              Go Rivers!

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

ound it:

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

After studying UCLA OLB Anthony Barr's game tape, NFL Films' Greg Cosell likened Barr's skills to Browns OLB Barkevious Mingo's, and believes Barr will play a role similar to Mingo's as a rookie.
                  The sixth overall pick in last year's draft, Mingo played just under 60 percent of Cleveland's defensive snaps as a rookie. "When you watch him on film, he's a very unrefined player," Cosell said of Barr. "He's a pass rusher in sub-packages until he matures physically and mentally." Cosell believes Barr must improve his pass-rush repertoire, but offers "a lot to work with" in the way of short-area explosion, ideal length, and straight-line speed. Although Barr has become something of a whipping boy among draftniks, we wouldn't be surprised if -- also like Mingo -- he were selected with a top-ten pick.

Comment

• thelightningwill
                    Go Aztecs and Pads
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                    After studying UCLA OLB Anthony Barr's game tape, NFL Films' Greg Cosell likened Barr's skills to Browns OLB Barkevious Mingo's, and believes Barr will play a role similar to Mingo's as a rookie.
                    The sixth overall pick in last year's draft, Mingo played just under 60 percent of Cleveland's defensive snaps as a rookie. "When you watch him on film, he's a very unrefined player," Cosell said of Barr. "He's a pass rusher in sub-packages until he matures physically and mentally." Cosell believes Barr must improve his pass-rush repertoire, but offers "a lot to work with" in the way of short-area explosion, ideal length, and straight-line speed. Although Barr has become something of a whipping boy among draftniks, we wouldn't be surprised if -- also like Mingo -- he were selected with a top-ten pick.
                    Does Cosell tell it like it is? I think somebody on here told me he's Howard's nephew. Later, I got to thinking that Howard's last name was really Cohen. I guess this is like Martin Sheen and Charlie Sheen, in which the younger one takes the stage name of the older one. Except it's the uncle's, not the dad's, fake name.

Anyway. Loved Howard Cosell. Miss his commentary on Monday Night Football. I, like him, am not a fan of jockacracy.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                      Grammar Police
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

If you like a guy who has seen a billion hous of tape per position, per year, pro and college, his comments hold some value.

I take his projections over PFF and Football Outsiders...

But film does not show you stats, not the film he gets...
                      Go Rivers!

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
                        Does Cosell tell it like it is? I think somebody on here told me he's Howard's nephew. Later, I got to thinking that Howard's last name was really Cohen. I guess this is like Martin Sheen and Charlie Sheen, in which the younger one takes the stage name of the older one. Except it's the uncle's, not the dad's, fake name.

Anyway. Loved Howard Cosell. Miss his commentary on Monday Night Football. I, like him, am not a fan of jockacracy.
                        Greg has been studying film for the NFL for years. Just a really well respected film guy. Hes not the end all say all but i value his opinion. Hes taught me a lot in the last few years.

Comment

• Beerman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Eastlake
                          • Send PM

I think he's spot on about Barr. The guy is raw, but his athletic upside is ridiculous. He pretty much just has a speed rush right now, but it's a VERY good speed rush. He was also fantastic penetrating and stopping the run game behind the line of scrimmage. His weak side pursuit was also great as well due to the speed.

He needs a lot of coaching and refinement of his game. He's only played 2 years on the defensive side. Not sure why anyone would think he's a finished product. Prototype 3-4 OLB for todays game.

He would fit the D perfectly and compliment what we have already. He would essentially be a Barnes clone in his first season, which is just fine. He has the upside to be a complete weak side OLB, unlike Barnes though.
                          Last edited by Beerman; 04-17-2014, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X