Originally posted by Fleet View Post
    I probably rank them:

Dennard
    Gilbert
    Fuller
    Verrett
    Roby
    Originally posted by SFWfromESPN View Post
    I have 1) Dennard, 2) Fuller and 5) Roby. Not sure on who I have higher between Gilbert and Verrett, leaning towards Verrett.
    Originally posted by Kyle View Post
    For me it's...

Dennard
    Fuller
    Roby
    Gilbert
    Verrett

Originally posted by Yubaking View Post
    I do not believe I ever stated why Fuller is a better tackler, just that he is. We are in agreement on that point.

What I am getting at is that if you study the game clips of both players, Fuller is pretty clearly better against the run and they are close against the pass with Fuller doing some things better and Verrett doing others better. In my mind, this makes Fuller the better player without any discussion of size.

Others have stated here that they would prefer to get a taller CB all other things being equal. My point is that the game clips show that Fuller is actually better than, not just equal to Verrett, but even if it were just a tie, if we go CB, we should still take Fuller over Verrett based upon using length as a tie breaker.
    You are not alone on putting Fuller ahead of Verrett.
    1) Jason Verrett (CB) TCU
    2) Demarcus Lawrence (OLB) Boise St
    3) Will Sutton (DT) Arizona St
    4) Jarvis Landry (WR) LSU
    5) John Urschel (OC) Penn St
    6) Shamar Stephen (DT) UConn
    7) Brock Coyle (ILB) Montana

Comment

• Yubaking
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
      Yeah, it sucks for me. Life seems to be a lot more variations of gray. It's probably that I'm just not smart enough combined with the fact that I have to live life real time as opposed to cherry picked "clips."
      Your comment is just silly.

The clips I watched in my comparison of Verrett to Fuller are the same kinds of individual game videos that SuperCharger posted of Nix in the "Nix in the second round?" thread. They identify the player that we are watching before each snap (usually with a bracket or box) and then show the play, including plays on which the player being watched was not involved. They show the good with the bad. How is that cherry picked? You are reaching.

Comment

• Geezbolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Sun Valley, ID
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
        I think he's spot on about Barr. The guy is raw, but his athletic upside is ridiculous. He pretty much just has a speed rush right now, but it's a VERY good speed rush. He was also fantastic penetrating and stopping the run game behind the line of scrimmage. His weak side pursuit was also great as well due to the speed.

He needs a lot of coaching and refinement of his game. He's only played 2 years on the defensive side. Not sure why anyone would think he's a finished product. Prototype 3-4 OLB for todays game.

He would fit the D perfectly and compliment what we have already. He would essentially be a Barnes clone in his first season, which is just fine. He has the upside to be a complete weak side OLB, unlike Barnes though.
        I know it's not like Freeney would be actually coaching him, but I have to think Barr could learn a lot about being a pro just being around him. In other words, I think San Diego would be a good place for him to land. Barr's upside is appealing and at #25 I would not be upset if he was the pick.

Comment

• Panama
          パナマ
          • Aug 2013
          • London
          • Opera singer and web developer.
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          Fullers tackling better isn't a size thing, it is a technique and confidence thing.

Vernette comes in with a soft chest and doesn't arch his back and is somewhat over extended, because he is looking down. He needs to focus on putting his facemask into the guys chest, and driving through the tackle.

Fuller comes in and does the perfect form tackle, although he does have a tendency to just hit, and not wrap up. That works pretty well in college, but you won't be consistent tackling if you try the hitting thing in the NFL, your going to bounce off a lot.
          In my brief collegiate coaching stint, I always coached the tackler to drive his shoulder through the ball carrier's body and wrap up, with the helmet on the ball side and always see what you're hitting (to prevent neck injury). I was never comfortable coaching facemask into chest.
          Adipose

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
            Grammar Police
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
            Wouldn't smaller be better, then?
            What you like tossing the hotdog down the hallway? Norvs a big pussy!
            Go Rivers!

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

The clips I watched in my comparison of Verrett to Fuller are the same kinds of individual game videos that SuperCharger posted of Nix in the "Nix in the second round?" thread. They identify the player that we are watching before each snap (usually with a bracket or box) and then show the play, including plays on which the player being watched was not involved. They show the good with the bad. How is that cherry picked? You are reaching.
              You are a buffoon.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                You are a buffoon.
                You guys are going to make me start drinking.

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

I swear this is in every thread. lol. SC we need to call together a meeting. Im not sure i can deal anymore.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

FLEET, maybe a visit to the fuck thread is in order?
                    For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• bonehead
                      Undrafted
                      • Jul 2013
                      • TBD
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

Actually it's not in all the threads.............yet
                      Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• thelightningwill
                        Go Aztecs and Pads
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

You are not a buffoon.

Comment

• thelightningwill
                          Go Aztecs and Pads
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
                          In my brief collegiate coaching stint, I always coached the tackler to drive his shoulder through the ball carrier's body and wrap up, with the helmet on the ball side and always see what you're hitting (to prevent neck injury). I was never comfortable coaching facemask into chest.
                          I was never a college coach, but I have long been the type of coach who gets drunk in bars and yells profanity-laden advice at TV screens.

Comment

Working...
                          X