Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• richpjr
    replied
    Oklahoma State QB Mason Rudolph said he worked out with Philip Rivers in Southern California a few weeks ago and talked with the Los Angeles Chargers at the Senior Bowl.
    Eric D. Williams, ESPN Staff Writer

Leave a comment:

• Formula 21
    replied
    The San Francisco 49ers are victors in the offseason battle of the bay.

The 49ers won a coin flip against the Oakland Raiders on Friday to secure the ninth overall pick in April's NFL draft. In losing the coin flip, the Raiders get the 10th overall pick.

The the coin flip determines who gets first choice of the LBs. Please let one of them fall.

Leave a comment:

• Rambler
    replied
    Something I think deserves some consideration is that GMs may pass on a highly rated player at a certain position high in the draft because they have closely rated another prospect or several different prospects at that same position they think will be available in later rounds.

This year, one position that seems loaded with good prospects is center.

For that reason, even though I think we could be looking at drafting a center, I doubt it will be Billy Price of Ohio State in round 1 (I thought so even before his lifting injury at the combine).

I wonder if a prospect like Tim Settle probably being available in the 2nd round would cause the Chargers to pass on DTs in the first round.

Just something to think about.

Leave a comment:

• chargerkdb
    replied
    Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
    It looks like Bosa and Ingram played more run D at the end of the year at the expense of getting sacks.

Oh yeah. Lets upgrade the LBs too.
    Time to hop on the Tremaine Train

Leave a comment:

• Formula 21
    replied
    It looks like Bosa and Ingram played more run D at the end of the year at the expense of getting sacks.

Oh yeah. Lets upgrade the LBs too.
    Last edited by Formula 21; 03-01-2018, 03:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Formula 21
    replied
    What Areas Must the Team Address?Joey Bosa and Melvin Ingram

Telesco offered a similar response, though added an extra emphasis on the linebacker position:

Leave a comment:

• Formula 21
    replied
    Pro Football Focus Offers Midround Gems the Chargers Should Target

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    replied
    I don't think the list means anything. I think they do the interviews for just about everyone, just being complete. You scout every position, even positions with no need. And I think TT is honest when he says he doesn't let need influence the scouting. If a team is drafting long enough, you need good players everywhere, so taking a good player high at a position where there isn't a need evens out in the long run.

For example, WR was the deepest spot on the team when we took Allen in the 3rd round. Then Alexander and Floyd got hurt and Allen was starting by week 3. He was not a need pick, but it came in awfully handy. Some people said we didn't need to take Henry when we did, but I think most of us realize that this past season, we would have been SOL if we had to have Gates play most of the downs.

Leave a comment:

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
    replied
    Interesting we are looking at long snappers and TE...

Leave a comment:

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
    replied

​​​​​​Predraft visits.

Leave a comment:

• Formula 21
    replied
    2018 draft picks

• Round 1: L.A. Chargers
    • Round 2: L.A. Chargers
    • Round 3: L.A. Chargers
    • Round 4: L.A. Chargers
    • Round 5: L.A. Chargers
    • Round 6: L.A. Chargers
    • Round 7: L.A. Chargers*, Chicago*
    • Round 7: Comp Pick

The Chargers are picking in their original slot in each of the first six rounds heading into the offseason, but the seventh is a little tricky. They sent a conditional seventh-rounder to the Bills in exchange for Cardale Jones and may have to give up their original pick in that round. However, they landed a conditional seventh-rounder from the Bears for Dontrelle Inman, and he seems well on his way to meeting the playing-time requirements to earn the Chargers that pick.

As of today, I can find no answer if the Bolts will get a pick for Inman. Even the Chicago sites don't know.

Leave a comment:

• bonehead
    replied
    Seems to be a consensus building

Safety....OTackle.......DTackle

Leave a comment:

Working...
X