Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve
    replied
    There are going to be some teams who draft Griffin lower just because of where he went to school. However, there is not that big a difference between UCF and the top Div I programs. Sure, everyone is better, but in individual matchups, Griffin has proven he can do it. He may also still get dinged at the top of the draft due to his size (he is a SS sized LB, or a LB sized SS, depending on how you look at it).

I like Penny and would be pretty happy if we could get him in the 2nd, but Griffin would be a great addition to the Will LB pool. He is really a SS/LB hybrid which for about half the teams are desperate to get. In a couple of years, NFL teams will really start to value these guys a lot higher. The mock draft guys are useless when it comes to evaluating position fit. More than half of them have yet to figure out a nickel DB is not a backup yet, and that has been true for the last 30 years.

Leave a comment:

• blueman
    replied
    Why so late for Griffin? Watch his game film, he does everything. And I see people talking about Penny in the 2nd, how is Scarbrough in the 3rd more than that?

Leave a comment:

• charger1993
    replied
    Evwn thogridfin is a feel good story, and i want him to succeed, no way does he go in the 2nd round maybe 4th or 5th at the earliest.
    Scarborough hed be nice to have but definitely a luxury pick. This js gonna be a heavy defense draft

Leave a comment:

• blueman
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Formula 21
    replied
    Originally posted by blueman View Post
    Man, we are gonna get a damn good D player at 17.
    Agreed. Need meets availability.

Leave a comment:

• blueman
    replied
    Man, we are gonna get a damn good D player at 17.

Leave a comment:

• Formula 21
    replied
    Or trade down for 3 #1s and still get a qb at 4.

Leave a comment:

• Screeme
    replied
    I should add.. suppose the Giants at 2 do take Barkley instead of trading out, taking a QB themselves, or some other player (Jets are taking a QB at 3 almost definitely) you still have the "consolation prize" of probably Quentin Nelson or Bradley Chubb. So, sure it's a roll of the dice.. but the downside isn't that bad, and you get your choice of potential franchise QB's.

Leave a comment:

• Screeme
    replied
    I think they you can still get Barkley at 4.. At 1, you get the QB you want AND probably Barkley.. QBs are probably going to end up being 1 2 3.

Leave a comment:

• WindsorUK
    replied
    I cant imagine the Browns would pass on Saquon Barkley at number 1.
    If they take a QB at 1, he sits for a year. You'll have a hard time selling that to your fan base after 1-31 the past 2 years.
    Barkley comes in and plays day 1 and has an impact, something you HAVE to have from your top pick.
    Either Darnold, Allen, or Rosen will be there at 4.

Leave a comment:

• bonehead
    replied
    Originally posted by richpjr View Post
    The Jets just swapped first round draft picks with the Colts, moving from 6 to 3 for three 2nd round draft picks. Damn, the Colts can fix a lot of holes with those picks. QB run early is good for us.
    Wow....that is a good deal for Indy

2 second rounders this year and one in 2019. They still have 3 second round picks including their own (36th overall) along with the 6th pick in the draft they should be able to do some damage
    Last edited by bonehead; 03-17-2018, 09:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• richpjr
    replied
    The Jets just swapped first round draft picks with the Colts, moving from 6 to 3 for three 2nd round draft picks. Damn, the Colts can fix a lot of holes with those picks. QB run early is good for us.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X