• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chargerkdb
    Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Hotter than hell, Georgia
    • Send PM

Barkley a beast. Higher on him than I was on Fournette.

Comment

• Steve
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • South Carolina
      • Meteorologist
      • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
      Anybody have an info on the UTEP guard Hernandez? Big, strong, athletic....how is he during an actual game?
      He is the best OL to ever play at UTEP. That's not saying much, but he is really good, especially considering the level of competition he has faced.

UTEP doesn't pull their OG, so I am not sure how well he does that, but as far as zone blocking goes, he is pretty much the prototype. He is an excellent prospect. Good hand punch, although he can be better with his placement and better locking out. But he has good feet, good balance and gets into his block well. Combos well, and gets great position, really helping the running game. Doesn't get beat much in pass protection and does a good job recovering when people start beating him. If anything he looks more mobile and with better leverage in the combine drills thanks to losing 15 pounds since the end of the year.

He probably isn't going to be a great OT, but he is as good, if not better than the top OG in most draft classes. He only is kinda a secret since Nelson is so good.

Taking a guy like Hernandez would be at a position that we are already strong at, but we could play him at LG, and move Feeney to C.

Comment

• WindsorUK
        WindsorUK commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Steve. Sounds like he'd be an upgrade, allowing us to move Feeney to C.
    • Steve
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • South Carolina
      • Meteorologist
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
      Brown measured 6-foot-7 7/8 and 345 pounds at the combine weigh-in. He struggled with weight for much of his life until he was able to carry roughly 350 pounds well enough to be one of the top left tackles in the Big 12 Conference. He entered the combine projected as a first-round pick by NFL.com analyst Lance Zierlein, but the arrow is pointing down for him in Indianapolis.

another 2nd rounder.
      I don't think it is, but that is because so many people who don't watch enough college games had him overrated. A lot of people expected him to be a great athlete, but he really isn't that athletic.

He is the best pass blocker among the OT this year, and one of the worst run blockers. He has been getting a lot of press because of how well OU did this season, but he is highly overrated. If you draft him high, it is still going to take time to develop his explosiveness and get him quicker. He might not be quick enough to ever be a good run blocker, so there is some risk. Does fine if the DL is directly over him, but if he has to move, or help out, he just can't make the blocks.

Comment

• Boltsfan70
        East Coast Chargers Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • PA transplant living in S. Carolina
        • Send PM

Barkley is my boy. Graduated same High school

Comment

• bonehead
          Undrafted
          • Jul 2013
          • TBD
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

He is the best OL to ever play at UTEP. That's not saying much, but he is really good, especially considering the level of competition he has faced.

UTEP doesn't pull their OG, so I am not sure how well he does that, but as far as zone blocking goes, he is pretty much the prototype. He is an excellent prospect. Good hand punch, although he can be better with his placement and better locking out. But he has good feet, good balance and gets into his block well. Combos well, and gets great position, really helping the running game. Doesn't get beat much in pass protection and does a good job recovering when people start beating him. If anything he looks more mobile and with better leverage in the combine drills thanks to losing 15 pounds since the end of the year.

He probably isn't going to be a great OT, but he is as good, if not better than the top OG in most draft classes. He only is kinda a secret since Nelson is so good.

Taking a guy like Hernandez would be at a position that we are already strong at, but we could play him at LG, and move Feeney to C.
            You can also take Conner Williams and put him at LG temporarily and move Feeney to C. Then you have your future tackle on board and getting starting experience.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

NFL Combine in Indianapolis.

At least NFLJets
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Maurice Hurst diagnosed with heart condition, leaves combine

Michigan defensive lineman Maurice Hurst was diagnosed with a heart condition at the 2018 NFL Scouting Combine and will not participate in drills, a source informed of the situation told NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport The unanimous first-team All-Big Ten defender has left the combine and is scheduled to undergo further testing, Rapoport reported. ESPN first reported the development.

An undersized defensive tackle prospect at 6-foot-2, 282 pounds, Hurst made 59 stops last year with 13 tackles for loss, including 5.5 sacks as a fifth-year senior. He entered the combine ranked as the No. 21 overall prospect in the draft by NFL.com analyst Daniel Jeremiah.

While it won't be immediately clear how the diagnosis could affect his draft stock, it will be something NFL clubs investigate closely before determining Hurst's final draft grade. NFL Network draft expert Mike Mayock ranked him as the No. 3 interior defensive lineman in the draft entering the combine, and he's been linked to the Dallas Cowboys (No. 19 overall pick) and Detroit Lions (No. 20 pick), in NFL.com mock drafts.

This is not the first instance in which a college standout has been diagnosed with a heart condition.

In 2013, an echocardiogram detected a heart condition in Utah's defensive tackle Star Lotulelei. A medical recheck showed there was no dysfunction, and Lotulelei was eventually drafted in the first round to the Carolina Panthers.

Last edited by Formula 21; 03-03-2018, 01:21 PM.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                  Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                  • Send PM

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Bummer about Hurst.

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Build Back Better.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                          chargerkdb commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Hopefully that’s the case.
                      Working...
                      X