Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• chargerkdb
      Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Hotter than hell, Georgia
      • Send PM

Da Ron Payne had a good workout. Taven Bryan is way too thin in the lower body. Looks like a tight End

Comment

• bonehead
        Undrafted
        • Jul 2013
        • TBD
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Vita Vea ran 5.1 Forty

marcus Davenport looks good in drills

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• bonehead
          Undrafted
          • Jul 2013
          • TBD
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Shaquem Griffin. 4.38 Forty. @ 227 pounds

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Interior defensive linemen

Vita Vea, Washington: A hamstring injury cut Vea's day a bit short. But the top defensive lineman on Mayock's board made his presence felt with a 5.10 40-yard dash and 41 reps on the bench. "Do you know how freaky this kid is?" Mayock opined. "He played high school basketball, he was a running back in high school. On defense, they've used him everywhere on the front. He stands up at 347, plays the "joker," rushes the A-gap, comes off the edge. [Stanford coach] David Shaw said he's got the ability to be the best 3-4 nose tackle or 4-3 nose tackle in football."

Da'Ron Payne, Alabama: After a dominant performance in the College Football Playoff, Mayock listed Payne as the No. 2 interior lineman in the 2018 NFL Draft. Mayock seemed just as impressed with his 40 run. "Wow, wow, wow, wow -- 4.91 at 311 pounds. And he's showing people he can affect the quarterback."

Taven Bryan, Florida: Mayock said the buzz surrounding Bryan is being pegged as a defensive tackle and has the movement skills of All-Pro honorees Fletcher Cox and J.J. Watt. A 5.08 40 time was more good than great, prompting Mayock to liken him to Gerald McCoy. Then Bryan ran a 4.98. "There you go," Mayock said. "That's what I was looking for."

Harrison Phillips, Stanford: With all eyes on the 347-pound Vea, Phillips finds himself as the other Pac-12 defensive lineman. But he's not an afterthought for Mayock, especially after an impressive showing in the bench press. "You know how may reps he did? Vita Vea did 41, this young man did 42," Mayock said. "He's technically proficient, he's one of my favorite players in the draft."

Rasheem Green, USC: Green resides just outside Mayock's top-five lists but might be climbing the ladder following an impressive combine. His 4.73 40 topped all interior linemen, not to mention quarterback and college teammate Sam Darnold. Mayock believes Green will begin his NFL career as a D-end but ultimately end up a tackle. "He hasn't really filled into his body type yet. I think he's an outside player but I think he's going to grow into an inside player. And I think Green's going to be a difference-maker in the NFL."
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

I Linebackers

Tremaine Edmunds, Virginia Tech: He's 19 years old and will likely be selected higher than that figure in the first round of the draft. More fun with numbers: he's 6-foot-4, 253 pounds, and he ran the 40 in 4.55 seconds. Those are some of the reasons Edmunds is Mayock's top-rated linebacker on the board. "[He has] the skill-set of being able to be a powerful inside off the ball and an edge rusher."

Roquan Smith, Georgia: Combine the athleticism and sideline-to-sideline speed of Atlanta Falcons Pro Bowl linebacker Deion Jones with the leadership and work ethic of former Pro Bowler Jonathan Vilma, and Mayock says you get Roquan Smith. Or maybe the version we saw at Georgia. Despite weighing in 11 pounds heavier at the combine than his listed weight last year (225), he ran an impressive 4.52 unofficial in the 40. "I think he's a plug-and-play off-the-ball linebacker. People are going to love Roquan Smith."
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                chargerkdb commented
                Editing a comment
                Edmunds 34.5 inch arms. Those are OT arms
            • Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Griffin could be a really useful player for us. Especially since we are in Nickle/Dime so much. Possible upgrade to Phillips. He reminds me a little of Myles Jack also.

Vea is probably going to get Ngata comparisons. Gotta admit 17 is a perfect spot to be in this year.

Problem is outside of a couple OL....nobody in that class really impressed me at the combine. I think you will see QB, RB and WR go early....but the top 20 should be D heavy.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                chargerkdb commented
                Editing a comment
                I know there are some poor tacklers getting by in the NFL a bunch of poor tacklers actually. Watching tape of Vea i notice he tackles really high on body and then instead of driving legs just tries to rely on weight for takedown. I never played at anywhere near his size but it just irks me to watch a tackle with good wrap and no leg drive. Can still hear coach screaming it.

• blueman
                blueman commented
                Editing a comment
                Vea is gonna be more of a project than many think. Best case he ends up Jamal-dominant, but it will takes a couple years if it happens.

• bonehead
                bonehead commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree that overall there wasn’t too many impressive performances, but one guy DJ Chark really excelled, not just the 40 time but he had a 40” vertical and a 129 inch broad jump......he looked really smooth in the drills too

He’s not a player of need
            • Attack
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2017
              • Send PM

Regarding Mata Afa, I think it was Jeremiah that said this player would end up on a practice squad as he tries to find his place in an NFL position. Not much of an endorsement for him.

We should be able to add a few impact players on D in this draft.

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Vander Esch looks damn good.

Comment

• Attack
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                  Agree.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                      X