3. Murray (2nd)
    4. Jones (3rd)
    5, Stidham (3rd)
    6. Grier (4th/5th)
    7. Finley (4th/5th)
    8. Shurmur (6th/7th)
    9. Rypien (6th/7th)
    Rest are UDFA or nada.
    Pretty close to my order but I don't have any QB worth a 1st. All have major flaws and will need time to develop. If Lock has it between the ears, which I have serious concerns about, he has the best physical tools to be successful.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Woody's always for them before he's against them... Mostly, whoever I like, he dislikes...
      In the interest of accuracy, I applauded you on your Jack Conklin.
      Regarding Johnathan Abrams, I do not see him as a fit, while agreeing that he is a good player.
      You might be confusing me with other posters on some of the stuff you.ve brought up.
      For them/against them ?
      I make an effort to be intellectually honest in my football takes.
      Now, back to the prospects and the preferred draft strategy for LAC.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Interesting story, Nut. When I was a sports reporter in the 70's, I covered high school football and basketball games in Southern California. Now, you mentioned a "private" school. There's one football coach in particular I vividly remember from one of those powerhouse private schools who was notorious for having a bad temper. I can easily imagine him cussing out some kids...
        Nice! You got to see some good ball. I played in the 80's. My dad coached basketball in the 70's. Coached a small public school (in a league littered with private schools) to a San Diego section CIF championship. A real-life "Hoosiers" story.

I can't remember the coach's name (@Christian HS in El Cajon). But he had a temper. I remember one practice he came out in full pads... to show us how to hit... properly... different days, back then. I think he played 1 year for the Chicago Bears... that was his story, anyways. Now that guy was a nut!
        Last edited by Boltnut; 03-30-2019, 03:04 PM.

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

In the interest of accuracy, I applauded you on your Jack Conklin.
          Regarding Johnathan Abrams, I do not see him as a fit, while agreeing that he is a good player.
          You might be confusing me with other posters on some of the stuff you.ve brought up.
          For them/against them ?
          I make an effort to be intellectually honest in my football takes.
          Now, back to the prospects and the preferred draft strategy for LAC.
          LOL! I have no interest in looking backwards. I'm sure I've "missed" on as many as I've "hit". But for the record... you brought up DGB.

Abram, like most of the top safeties in this class, played closer to the LOS because that's what most of these colleges coaches do with their best safeties... bring them up in the box. That's what happened to your boy Taylor Rapp, too. IMO, there aren't any round 1 safeties. However, there are 6 or 7 very evenly matched safeties at the top. If Rapp tests well tomorrow, I have no problem jumping him over Abram. Even then (unless he tests @ 4.42) I'm not picking a safety in round 1. There will be good ones there in round 2, probably even round 3.

Comment

• Critty
            Dominate the Day.
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Wow. If I remember correctly, you've always been a QB whisperer of sorts, Critty.
            The problem is that both Murray & Haskins only had the 1 full season. So you dont get another season to see growth or regression if conference teams defend then better the 2nd time around. Murray has such a different style of game. I think it translates to NFL and he can win games.

Then there is Daniel Jones who could end up the best of the bunch. I would have no problem if Chargers drafted Jones.
            Who has it better than us?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

The problem is that both Murray & Haskins only had the 1 full season. So you dont get another season to see growth or regression if conference teams defend then better the 2nd time around. Murray has such a different style of game. I think it translates to NFL and he can win games.

Then there is Daniel Jones who could end up the best of the bunch. I would have no problem if Chargers drafted Jones.
              Fleet saw the Duke Pro Day.
              Says DJ is the best he's seen since Elway or something like that. j/k.
              Peyton Manning with wheels and not as ugly is the comp.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

LOL! I have no interest in looking backwards. I'm sure I've "missed" on as many as I've "hit". But for the record... you brought up DGB.

Abram, like most of the top safeties in this class, played closer to the LOS because that's what most of these colleges coaches do with their best safeties... bring them up in the box. That's what happened to your boy Taylor Rapp, too. IMO, there aren't any round 1 safeties. However, there are 6 or 7 very evenly matched safeties at the top. If Rapp tests well tomorrow, I have no problem jumping him over Abram. Even then (unless he tests @ 4.42) I'm not picking a safety in round 1. There will be good ones there in round 2, probably even round 3.
                I expect Rapp to go 4.55 on the forty.

LOL. Glad you liked the Dorial Green Beckham reference. I looked up Jeremiah on him. Low floor--Very high ceiling.

Nutty and the draft.
                Like peanut butter and chocolate.

So your comp for Abram is Earl.
                Let me write that down.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Nice! You got to see some good ball. I played in the 80's. My dad coached basketball in the 70's. Coached a small public school (in a league littered with private schools) to a San Diego section CIF championship. A real-life "Hoosiers" story.

I can't remember the coach's name (@Christian HS in El Cajon). But he had a temper. I remember one practice he came out in full pads... to show us how to hit... properly... different days, back then. I think he played 1 year for the Chicago Bears... that was his story, anyways. Now that guy was a nut!
                  Maybe you are a little too young to remember this.

My Monte Vista Monarchs won the CIF Basketball Title around 1971...qualifies as a small school.

In the Finals at the Sports Arena, The Monarchs overcame a 20 point halftime deficit to the very strong big school Madison Warhawks.

It was ballsy.
                  It was epic.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

So Nutty you played with Touissant Tyler ? One year before Marcus Allen did his thing ?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

So Nutty you played with Touissant Tyler ? One year before Marcus Allen did his thing ?
                      I remember Tyler. Dont recall if he ever went anywhere after HS. MA was a couple years ahead of me and I played a game against his brother.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I remember Tyler. Dont recall if he ever went anywhere after HS. MA was a couple years ahead of me and I played a game against his brother.
                        Great history. I looked it up. Damn Boltjolt. We are old as dirt.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

I expect Rapp to go 4.55 on the forty.

LOL. Glad you liked the Dorial Green Beckham reference. I looked up Jeremiah on him. Low floor--Very high ceiling.

Nutty and the draft.
                          Like peanut butter and chocolate.

So your comp for Abram is Earl.
                          Let me write that down.
                          Wood, a lot of the draftniks are not too high on your #1, Taylor Rapp, especially on having the range and burst to play single high. Look:

The Draft Network

Crabbs
                          Coverage Spacing -Uninspiring with his skills on the back end to play coverage. Severely limited by lack of COD and burst. Tight hips create headaches in transitions. More effective on targets in front of his face as compared to having to hinge and get width outside the numbers.
                          Zone Coverage Skills -Will need to play robber to get effective reps out of him. Otherwise, was tasked with playing 15+ yards off the ball in single high. Pretty intelligent football player and did make some PBUs on the back end courtesy of anticipation, but will get torn apart if placed there in NFL.

Marino
                          Coverage - Better in split zones than single high on account of modest range and some hesitancy with route awareness. More effective in split zones that condense the space he is responsible for. Sound ability to read the backfield and work into throwing lanes. Capable of matching up with tight ends in man coverage and remaining in phase. Won't be overpowered by tight ends that invite contact in the route stem or at the top of routes.
                          Range - Modest. Plays forward in a hurry but doesn't have the speed desired to serve as a single-high option. Quick processing skills help him get a jump in pursuit. Plays with a hot motor and is always around the ball, often on account of secondary effort.

Solak
                          CONS: Not overly rangy. Despite strong linear burst, top speed does not impress. Some tightness in the hips limits ability to turn corners with explosion, which gives him issues when flipping his hips to carry deep routes from the slot. Will take drop step when exploding, which only adds to the delay. Physical limitations in a straight line could force him into exclusively short zone responsibilities in the NFL, which would cap his efficacy as an interchangeable defensive piece. Does not have playmaking instinct; prefers to hit and tackle rather than play over the top for PBUs and/or INTs.

Ledyard
                          Range - Re-defines deeper than the deepest. As a single-high safety, consistently 25 yards from the nearest receiver. Won't let anything in over his head, but doesn't give himself a chance to make many plays on the ball with his spacing either. Does not project to much deep safety work at the next level, especially in a Cover 1 or Cover 3 scheme.

Comment

Working...
                          X