• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

With an expensive qb, money has to be saved somewhere. And for many teams, thats on the OL. So I look for cheap but talented early draftees to be brought in for ORT. And if Lamp isnt good enough, TT has to bring in an OG too.

Im hoping Lamp is back in surgury this week getting his knee fixed. The best explanation for his poor play is that his knee isnt right.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
      With an expensive qb, money has to be saved somewhere. And for many teams, thats on the OL. So I look for cheap but talented early draftees to be brought in for ORT. And if Lamp isnt good enough, TT has to bring in an OG too.

Im hoping Lamp is back in surgury this week getting his knee fixed. The best explanation for his poor play is that his knee isnt right.
      Actually the Saints invest in their OL and always have for Brees, whether it is signing guys to big money or early draft picks. As for TT I think he is better at FA OL than drafting them so we'll see.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

DT should be in your group Bolt X

Also......

​​​​​​

Comment

• Boltx
          Dominate the day
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Maybe White drops to us like James did.

Time to get a stud LB prospect. We have guys at every other level, now just the LBs. If we can grab a great MLB and DT prospect in this draft I'll feel tons better about this defense. Add in Kyzhir White and Brown returning....that some sideline to sideline ability.
          ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Big Dog
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
            • Our draft should basically be (in no particular order):

RT, OG, DE, MLB, FS

I honestly wouldn't be mad if we spent a draft or two on nothing but OL/DL with alternating picks. Enough is enough with this poor line play for the last decade. Maybe Telesco just needs to throw enough at the wall and just sees what sticks. His draft record for the OL is atrocious and he deserves to be called out for it. For all the good he has done, this one negative may end up undoing what's left of Rivers' career. Inexcusable that Scho and Tevi are the starting right side of our line going into the biggest game in the last 10 years.

If I'm Telesco, I only try to sign veteran OL at this point, he simply doesn't have it when it comes to draft picks in that area.
            • Our NEEDS this off-season are:

DT - This is THE strength of this year's draft, both at the top and in terms of Depth, AND it is a position of need for us as a team, Mebane is older and is not what he once was, this screams 1st or 2nd round pick.

RT - Would be great to downgrade Tevi to swing tackle and have a new RT ... I would prefer a veteran rather than a rookie draft pick but I will take a draft pick if we can't help it.

OG - Lamp has not seen the field yet, I suspect his knee ain't right yet. When he was drafted he was supposed to be the Quentin Nelson of that year's draft. Maybe he is better coming back of another few months of rest. But even if Lamp can play, Freeney has not been as advertised. Would love to see us sign a Veteran Guard AND draft a OG as well.

FS - I'm not against keeping Addae, but only as a backup to Derwin James as an in the box SS. We need a good tackling, good angle tacking, ball hawking FS with big play INT ability.

ILB - We need run support on 1st and 2nd down and we need pass coverage ability on 3rd down, that probably is 2 different guys. But we need a mean-ass SOB in the middle of our defense to plug the hole in the middle of our doughnut defense.

Our wishlist of WANTS this off season include:

CB - another cover corner would be great to have, but likely a higher draft pick or another Desmond King type (highly productive but some issue that makes them fall in the draft.)

DE - a third pass rushing DE would be nice to have and/or a edge setting run stuffing DE would be nice to have.

TE - another blocking TE would be a nice add to this position group.

QB - a backup QB to develop for the future would be a nice addition.

I like our RB group as is and I like our WR group as is too.

Comment

• Attack
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2017
              • Send PM

Our draft should basically be (in no particular order):

RT, OG, DE, MLB, FS

I honestly wouldn't be mad if we spent a draft or two on nothing but OL/DL with alternating picks. Enough is enough with this poor line play for the last decade. Maybe Telesco just needs to throw enough at the wall and just sees what sticks. His draft record for the OL is atrocious and he deserves to be called out for it. For all the good he has done, this one negative may end up undoing what's left of Rivers' career. Inexcusable that Scho and Tevi are the starting right side of our line going into the biggest game in the last 10 years.

If I'm Telesco, I only try to sign veteran OL at this point, he simply doesn't have it when it comes to draft picks in that area.
              Telesco has missed on FA OL signings too, if I remember right. What are the successful OL signings and what are the misses?

Comment

• charger1993
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Oh i know trust me. I was just daying he had a real bad game against other future nfl players. I was mostly disappointed in his zone coverage, bith him and moses looked confused the whole game. Has anyone watched him in depth this season???

Comment

• Boltx
                  Dominate the day
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Attack View Post

Telesco has missed on FA OL signings too, if I remember right. What are the successful OL signings and what are the misses?
                  Okung and Pouncey have been good pickups.
                  ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Attack
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2017
                    • Send PM

And Orlando Franklin and Barksdale on the negative side.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

As was the long time Bear we signed (forget his name)to play OC. He was past his prime but was an upgrade at the time. Seems we been desperate at times like when we signed Franklin. He was the best OG in FA'cy. Man we have had some bad OLs.
                      Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-14-2019, 10:02 PM.

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

Matt Slauson

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Here is the SeniorBowl roster.
                          This will be a ton of outstanding prospects to watch the practice reps. Excellent top quality competition.
                          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X