• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

agree on the run on OTs earlier than later, and would be in shock/very, very surprised if Cajuste lasted 'til 60.... dude would be very good for an AL designed O.... and who might be the guy better than him @28 ?? lotsa ?s 'round Dillard, 'specially re: his run blocking, which me thinx is a prereq these days for anyone playing on the Chargers O.... wideouts, TEs, RBs all included, and.... agree w/OTs as having higher positional value.

will also go on record as against an LB @28.... not sure why peoples are comparing Denzel to Verrett, when the fairer/better compare is prolly Melvin early on, w/his injury marred earlier years ??

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Verrett has been injured every year. Most he played was 12 games then after that he fell apart. You can't compare him to anyone. He has his own category. He is a lemon.

Comment

• Steve
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • South Carolina
        • Meteorologist
        • Send PM

Run stuffers do not typically go in the 1st, although there are a few exceptions. This year's draft is different, because there are so many every down DT who could be every down starters. It is not like they are a dime a dozen, and after the year Chris Jones and Aaron Donald had, I think teams will be on the lookout for more of that kind of player, Especially with Brady doing so much damage to teams with his quick passing game.

Typically, the first round OT are gone by 28. Again the run on DT, if it has started will have something to say about that, but even when a run starts, you will still see some guys going at other positions (Like OT).

The Perryman vs Verrett thing is getting kinda silly. The overall point is that neither one of them can stay healthy enough to contribute like they should. Both are good NFL players when they are on the field. Verrett was a pro bowl caliber CB. Perryman has some coverage issues, but was very good at attacking the line vs the inside run. But when their backups are playing as much or more than they are, that means we need 2 starting caliber players at both spots, and in the next few years when so many of our younger players are coming off their rookie deals, it is going to be hard to justify spending several million $ on positions that don't contribute.

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJAGgtM5Tzc (DT Trysten Hill)
          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
            Nice clip

This is a good video in the kind of things to look for. His first step explodes into the line, and his hands fire off to hit a heavy blow. He needs some work on his footwork and his hand placement, but those are much easier things to fix than trying to get a guy to do the first step and use his hands at all. A lot of college DL are just kinda slow off the ball and won't use their hands, just try to slip the block and get past the OL. Hill has that down.

He needs work on playing the run and pass once he gets past the OL, and not overpentrating. He looks like all they ever coached him to do is get into the backfield and they didn't tell him what to do after. That is where a coach like Giff Smith could really help.

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

This draft is so loaded with DT types, hard not to think we will have (at least) one new rookie rotational guy, and a good one (more?).

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Saw this was up today....
                The official source for NFL news, schedules, stats, scores and more.
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• Boltgang74
                  We Are The Storm!
                  • Aug 2018
                  • Send PM

Been checkin out late round lb'ers and saw this kid named Clay Johnston from Baylor.Look up his highlight vids on youtube.Dude can tackle.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

All highlight videos make players look good. It's why they are called highlights.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                      beach, cat, ATM I have Cajuste near the top of my cluster @ 60.

Circling back to Steve, ninja, and their thoughts on LBs, I like Jordan Brailford @ ~ 123. He is a versatile depth piece. LEO, SAM and even MIKE vs power run schemes. Here's a more athletic version of Kyle Emanuel.

I am very close to posting a PreCombine, PreFA, Wisdom of wu mock. There are just a couple of late round decisions to be made, following more study.
                      Wud, I did have Cajuste in my mock at #60, but took him off because his stock appears to be rising, and good OT's tend to get overdrafted a bit. If he's there in round 2 for us though, I would pick him quicker than you can say Marcus McNeill...

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Circling back to Steve, ninja, and their thoughts on LBs, I like Jordan Brailford @ ~ 123. He is a versatile depth piece. LEO, SAM and even MIKE vs power run schemes. Here's a more athletic version of Kyle Emanuel.

I am very close to posting a PreCombine, PreFA, Wisdom of wu mock. There are just a couple of late round decisions to be made, following more study.
                        Let the Clustas begin!!!

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Wud, here's the book on Brailford, and it's not all that hot, especially in run stuffing (see below) . Possible developmental prospect, if coaches and TT see some upside:

Name: Jordan Brailford
                          SCHOOL: Oklahoma State
                          POSITION: EDGE
                          CLASS: RS Junior
                          HT:WT: 250 lbs

Placement is lacking and general awareness of how to use and weaponize his hands is poor. Lacks the pop to jolt pads and reset the LOS, instead concedes his chest and surrenders leverage when trying to stack up blockers on the edge.

Very one dimensional. Showed some more flavor to his game when participating at the 2019 Shrine Game, but in-game utilization was modest, at best. Showed some long-arm skills but too often tried to duck the inside shoulder for speed rushes and lacks the bend to finish.

Will get eaten alive by NFL OTs,Has flashed some violent finishes, particularly with momentum as a second level fill defender vs. the run. Has requisite levels of length to be a winner as a wrap up tackler. Mobility enables him to get into the hip of the ball carrier when in pursuit laterally.

Was fed more and more in off-ball situations in rJunior season. His ability to shoot gaps and not read plays was essential to splash plays, will have a long road ahead to develop and be functional in anything other that stand-up rush role at the next level.

BEST TRAITWORST TRAITBEST FILMWORST FILMRED FLAGShttps://thedraftnetwork.com/2019/02/...dan-brailford/
                          Last edited by Topcat; 02-21-2019, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X